Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, February 29th, Leap Day!

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Saturday, February 29th, Leap Day!

Post by auntjana » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:54 am

Good morning!

Me starting today, a once in four year event! LOL! Happy Leap Day!

I usually don't start off our day, but Kate is on a overnight duty and Aaron just got a call to go in early for his shift. A major accident that needs his assistance. So I am up, and Michael is heading over to their home, as we don't want to wake up the little girls this early. It is 4:30 am here. Aaron's house, the bedrooms are upstairs, and I don't get along with stairs!

It is a sewing day for me. The house is in order, so I can play in the Batt Cave. Still adding binding to projects and starting a new one. The monthly wallhanging for April. When it is done, I will have only two left to make and I have the entire set for a year's worth finished. I could make the Birthday one, but it would be the only one ever displayed - we have birthdays every month around here!

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, February 29th, Leap Day!

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:51 am

Good Morning Jana,
What a nice surprise for you to open the threads today I will be in my sewing room as all my chores are done and Bill is headed out to my son's to go to a fishing and outdoor expo.
Judi yeah for a good outcome I went to WW yesterday and have a total of 15lbs off like you.
Also went to the new gyn and really like him
So all is good here.

Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:13 am

Good morning everyone cold start here with a light snow on the ground It snowed all day yesterday but most melted

Jana You are an early bird Hope Aaron & Katie stay safe Enjoy your little girls

Lois Have a fun sewing day Congrats on your WLoss

Judi Happy for you & hope the weight goes off

Maryq Enjoy your Family & know you were so excited to have Jen Home

Cindyg Praying for you & Don

I got most of uglies done DS told me they are all coming for my birthday It’s in a few weeks Hope your day goes wonderful
The sun just popped out That will help to melt the snow. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:22 am

Good morning heading out to a hockey playoff game 2 hours from here. Have a bag with snacks and drinks and warm rink clothes for all. This will be Liams team Sophia plays tomorrow local. I am pretty happy with the results of my heart issues, not perfect but I am 73 with a high history of heart disease on my moms side, so I am determoned to stick around for a while. I have things to do and places to go and people to see. Ken says I am too evil to go anywhere. thank you again for all your prayers and info and support...I love you all...
Parent come home tomorrow evening, woot woot! I can get back to sewing,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOO I have to take off the weight,,,20 lbs and counting

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:27 am

Good morning,

In case you didn't hear, El's Angels sent Cindy's hubby, Don, a comfort quilt. He wrote a beautiful thank you note that is posted in the Comfort Quilt section of the forum if you'd like to read it.

JANA - yay for only one more wall hanging! Are they hard to change out? If not you could hang the birthday one only on the days you are actually celebrating. You could make it the back of the last one. Fewer to store . . :) Praying for safe shifts for Kate & Aaron. But then I pray for safe shifts for all first responders throughout the country. Hope your cabinet gets there soon. We ordered a duvet from Kohl's weeks ago. Last report was that it arrived in Tacoma (about 15 miles away) on Feb 10th and it's still at the sorting facility as far as we can tell. Kohl's can't find it with tracking # so they are shipping us another one. Wishing you much better luck!

MARY Q - of all days to sleep in it's today!? I really should have called you!! What a nice gift your down the hill neighbor gives you! What do you give her? Have fun getting ready for the fam!

IZZY - Too bad no one is giving you a nickel for every person you sit on a potty! You'd be rich in no time! :lol: I have a Featherweight, too. I love it but have no place to display it. Or even set it up to use. But she sews beautifully. She came in a hard black case that Scottie chewed on when he was a baby dog so now we have 'sentimental teeth marks'. Naughty Scottie. Bill got it for me for Christmas about 8 years ago and paid $350 for it. Got it off e-bay I think.

SHERRY - nice of your neighbor to help you out with your trash can! Our phone offers a service that lets robo calls ring once and then no more. It works well. We rarely get them anymore.

JUDI - You are going to need a vacation after this past week and weekend! But the big kids and the little kids all love you for it! Congratulations on your weight loss! 2-1/2# more to go and you'll be halfway to your goal. I havent' had any of your past cardiac symptoms, but you do bring home a good point - lose some weight before I do have those symptoms. Heart issues run through my mother's family. I'm sure it would help my back/hip/knee issues, too. Well, rats. Now I'm going to be dieting as well as walking every day.

BECCA - your birthday is in just 3 weeks. I know. ;) When you were told everyone was coming for your birthday, what did he mean by 'everyone'? And to your house? NC is going to be rockin'!!

Today I don't really have a plan. Uglies are done, laundry is done, garage is clean except for DH's work benches and I'm NOT going there! Nor am I going into the yard after chiro appt yesterday. The only chore I can think of today is in our new 'pantry' - a 4' wide, 6' tall metal shelving unit (from Costco) we put in our garage to hold excess groceries, cleaning & paper supplies. You know - Costco stuff. We got a couple of clear shower liners to hang from the top of the shelf with zip ties to keep it all relatively dust free. So other than that, my plan is to get back to my sewing. I've had Christmas blocks spread all over the living room floor for 5 days and haven't touched them. And I will start planning menus for our 8-night camping trip. We leave a week from tomorrow.

Wishing us all quality time with our sewing machines!

mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy LEAP DAY! A whole extra day this year to PLAY Right? If only... But it's a pretty exciting day for me... :D

Jana... OH gosh 4:30am! Not in a million years would I want to get up that early! Sorry Aaron had to go in so early, but nice that you are close by to take care of the girls. Not a fan of steps either, but I sure remember being able to run up and down them... Not so much any more... :lol:

Lois... Do you have your Chicken table runner sewed down or is that the project for the day!

Becca... How fun to have everybody around for your birthday! I have it written on my calendar... I'll be in Canada then, but I'll send you a message from the great North! :lol: :lol:

Judi.... SO glad to hear that your heart news was good... You can't get yet anyway.... too many quilt projects to do right? Bet you will be glad to get home and in your own space!

Maryz,... Oh no worries, I have been up for a while... Potatoes are on the stove for potato salad already. 95% of the house is cleaned and ready for company. Tomorrow I'll enlist Jen to run the hoover one more time and mop the kitchen floor. I should take a picture once the place is 100% clean as it doesn't happen very often. All your garage cleaning is making me anxious to get out to mine! As soon as it warms up!

Guess I better go check on my taters, need to change the sheets on my bed and definitely need more coffee!

Oh and I posted the OFFICIAL UGRR SWAP this morning, so check it out, think about and sign up! We have 11 spots remaining of a 15 spot swap!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:19 am

Good morning!
Wow Jana you were really up early! I barely got up, slept late for a change..... maybe I was sleeping extra for you 😉
Yay Lois congrats on your weight loss!
Becca, if everyone is going for your birthday then you're going to have a busting at the seams houseful! Yay, it's good to be you ❤
Judi, congrats on your weight loss too! I'm trying to help my dad lose weight for the same reason as you but my brother and sister in law that cook for him every other night aren't helping.... neither is he, he's a really good cook and is cooking big meals for himself for breakfast and lunch.... he's naughty.
Maryz, thanks for posting about the comfort quilt, I didn't think to tell everyone, I'll add the pics of it to the post too. I hope they get your comforter to you soon, that's kinda crazy huh..... maybe the mail person wanted it? Happy menu planning! I thought you must've finished the Christmas ding dang quilt already LOL.
Maryq, yay I'm going over to sign up now for your swap if you haven't signed me up already! I found my fabrics yesterday, perfect timing!!!
Well looks like we're all going to be in our sewing rooms today, must be a leap day thing, me too! We're going to a baby shower this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be 45mph winds so it'll be March coming in like a lion here, hopefully it'll go out like a lamb.
Sew, be happy!
Prayers for those in need.
Have a great day!
Tina

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:17 am

Mary Q the runner is done.

Return to “Sew ins”