Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, February 28th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, February 28th

Post by suzette58 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:19 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday I was sewing the binding on the braid quilt. Boy, I was sweating it out. I was getting close to the end and was watching the binding and thought for sure I was going to run out. Whew, I didn’t. But, I had a little bit of the fabric left. Today is an errand day and then I can continue sewing on the binding. I have the first side almost done. Boy, yesterday was really cold here. Not only cold but windy. We also had one of those snows that snows almost all day but it only stuck to the grass and cars that were cold. Today we may get some more snow. Tomorrow is our grandson’s 13th birthday party. They are having a party at a campground nearby. They have a game room that also has bowling. I was going to bowl but I don’t think that will work with a messed up knee. Well, I am off to get another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, February 28th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:56 am

Good morning suzette and all who follow,
Today is W W then I'll come home and sew for a while then in the afternoon I have a gyn apt with a new dr so will see how that goes.
Yesterday I put the border on my hen table runner today I will finish it.
Mary Q yes I did get the who 2 pattern from Sindy I'm going to wait so I can look for some fabric when I go to the quilt show next month in Lancaster.
Suzette I love sewing the binding down while watching a good movie it's so relaxing I hope you have a good time at DGsons party.

Well that's all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Ps so glad Sharonas ok thanks Lyn for letting us know.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:55 am

Good morning to everyone.
Today is vets cafe for 6 to 8 vets. This makes my day. I saw the schedule for 2020 and WHEW what a busy year ahead for us. I know the hope is get our list down but that is impossible, so we do our best. Last year was over 800 quilts given-this year I think 1000 is our goal. Fingers crossed.
Coffee is ready-love that smell in the morning. Hope to have stories from today.

See you later.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 am

Good morning everyone another cold one here Sun is out that helps

Lyn Thanks for letting us know Sharona is ok

Diane Sure your day will be enjoyed Such a great thing for ourVets

Suz Glsd you had enough binding Enjoy DGSs party

Flo Praying for your DGD that she likes school

Maryq I know you are excited about Jen coming Have fun && hope your picnic is a Hugh success

Cindyg Praying for you&DH

Our DS is going to visit this afternoon
Our little Hadlee goes to her Cardiologist
On Monday for her check up I’m praying she can get off oxygen and her Lung pressure is normal And her Heart is fine
I have uglies to do. Have a great day everyone. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:12 am

Morning
Ended up back in docs office yesterday with back pain...had a kidney infection with no other symptoms..and a nasty one too. She put me on high dose macrobid for 5 days & I need to call her Monday & let her know how I am doing...funny thing is my daughter in law was on doxycycline at same time I was earlier this month with ear infection..she thinks she too has UTI...she will call doc when office opens.
Lisa is doing great in school. First fish fry at church tonight.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:25 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - Glad you had enough binding! More than once, I've had to stop near the end and add a few more inches. Grrr. I also often put little binding on 2 sides of my labels and catch the other twos sides in the quilt binding. Happy birthday to your DGS. 13 is such an important age!

DIANE - Your group is working so hard! How many quilters contributed to those 800 quilts last year?

LOIS - Your hen tablerunner is cute, I'll bet! Now you need to buy a chicken ranch to go with! :lol: Sending good luck with your to WW today!

BECCA - we may not be there in person, but I'm sure you know little Hadlee has about 25 honorary god-grammas going with her to the doctor today!

FLO - glad Lisa is enjoying school. EVen though it's a new school, school represents normalcy in her life. Hope you and your DIL feel better soon!

VAL - so happy you found the right person for your dad! When we had home health for my dad, they rotated caregivers every 1 to 2 weeks. They said they didn't want staff and patients to get attached too each other. There were some caregivers we ALL missed! One was male which we thought my dad wouldn't like. He turned out to be a favorite!

CHRISS - there is LOTS going on in your world! Work! Jerry! A new machine! Bingo with the seniors? ( I LOVE Bingo.) Your guild's rat race event! All in two days! And on your own personal Sunday, what is your plan? Or is that the beauty of it - no plan! Are you still having a garage sale this spring or summer?

MARY Q - Jen and Eli come in tomorrow, right? Or today? How long will they be here or do you know yet? Don't forget to act surprised!

KATHY - how have you been?

CINDY texted me yesterday afternoon. Don will get a port in next week and start chemo the week after. She asks for prayers for both of them. She said she will be posting soon.

Yesterday I worked on my ding dang Christmas orphan quilt for a few hours, took my walk, then spent next 5 hours cleaning garage, garage fridge, raking last weekend's storm blowdown, and clipping sword ferns. I was BUSHED! Took a long soak in Epson Salts and then went to dinner with our DGSs, Drew & Alec. What a fun evening! AND - I got 18,000+ steps on my Fitbit! My personal best. I had 14,000 twice earlier this week. One day I added 4,000 steps just walking back and forth from sewing room to my design floor in the living room. That's about 1.3 miles of my steps. Who said quilting isn't good exercise! Add in a lot of getting up and down from the floor and I get extra credit! :lol: (and a sore knee!) Today is going to be much lower key - I always a walk of a few miles (every weekday for last 25 years), chiropractor, a couple errands, wash sheets and towels, and a few uglies. Other than that - working on Christmas quilt until it's time to meet two other couples for Mexican Happy Hour at 3:30. It's a wonderful life!

Wishing us all happy sewing time today!
mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:31 am

Good morning kids are off to school Ken and I went to brealfast and we are headed to the Dr appt this morning, I will find out what is what I need to stop at the grocery store for the kids and pick up a few things. othr than that it was good to have a morning date with the big guy, He qill apend the night here as we have 1 hockey practice tonight and a game (2 hourd away) in the morning, then 2 pratices on sunday. Parents come home sunday evening..I will be glad to come home.....XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:45 am

Good morning!
We have a running around day today, DH has a dentist appointment for cleaning and I will be taking the 3 furrkids to the groomer. Looks like I'm going to have 2 grands today, Jazmyne isn't feeling good now..... it started with Easton but he only had it for a couple days, Preston got it and still is trying to get over it and now Jazmyne....I hope we don't get it! I have to be so careful with Dad having no immune system that I don't give him anything.
I also think I'll stop at the LQS and see if she has my CW repro fabrics I need for MaryQ's swap. I'm not sure if she carries any.....
Then I have major uglies to do today so I can have my time this weekend to work in my Spring swap blocks, just need to sew them down.
Cindy, prayers for Don and you.
Becca, prayers for Hadlee.
You all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:50 am

Good morning!

Beautiful sunny and warm, for here, day! I will send some east!

My new quilt cabinet and I are all in the same county now. It arrived at the company that will deliver here to my house. They will call and arrange a time. C'mon, phone, ring! LOL!

Pull little odds and ends out, that needed to be finished yesterday. Most needed a bit of quilting and then binding. A stack of placemats that Sarah started, and then brought them to me to finish. It will be nice to have that drawer empty!

Not much more here, quite a quiet routine I hope.

Hugs,
Jana

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:21 am

MaryZ - I “frame” my label like you do. I think it makes it look so nice.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”