Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, February 27th

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Thursday, February 27th

Post by TeresaK » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Good morning Pals. I am hoping you are all doing as well as can be. I would like to say enjoying this weather but I just talked with Pam Farnham and they are getting 30" of Snow up in Erie so I am grateful while saying prayers to all those in the cold weather for the spring time we have here in CA. Really would LOVE a good Rain but one never knows when that will happen.

I have been working diligently on my Swap Blocks. The butterflies are all ironed down but I need to stitch them. I still get twinges up the side of my leg but none further than the calf so I still take little breaks. I am just happy the Plantar is gone!! The tendinitis is almost gone. I can take short walks but not allowed to walk places like Costco or Walmart yet.
My Lotto blocks need about 4 more seams and they will be ready. Valerie's quilt is to show up tomorrow so I will do that over the weekend in short increments getting it on the frame. Once I get it on the frame I am good because I can sit down while it stitches out. I was very blessed years ago when money came my way as I was able to buy the computer. God must have known how much I was going to really need it. At first I just wanted to do more intricate stitching.

We are still in the process of setting up our intinerary for the trip. Still plan on leaving in the beginning of April. Not sure of where we will stay in AZ because the kids don't live there anymore. Next stop will be to see Tina this time - YEA!!!! Then it will be a long ride to the Houston area where I hope to see Cindy. We haven't talked yet though. Going this far south there will be long drives which I am not in favor of sooooooooooo - Who would love to get together for a meet and greet or a possible stay over where we get more time to get to know each other??? This always makes the trip soooo much more enjoyable and FUN!!!!

If I could please ask for prayers. Courtney is starting a new area of her job and it will be hectic in the beginning until all settles. She also found out that she has many many Environmental allergies that are making her throat close. She is FINALLY after many many times of me asking her to do it when she was in the military, getting her tonsils out. A good news is that she is not allergic to any foods.
My Son, Justin is not so lucky. He has the same issues environmentally but does not know about food other than Bananas so far. He is now on allergy shots for quite a while.
My Grandson, Spencer 10yrs old, had a non-food bowel blockage that was removed but it will take at least a year to correct itself. He is also not going to some of his enjoyable outings because he has accidents and he refuses to wear disposable underwear. 10yr old boy. I get it.
My DIL Carrie has severe AutoImmune Deficiency. Her Mom was rush to the hospital with a severe respiratory infection. She is not able to be with her. They didn't think her Mom would make it through the night. She is now awake but she is also needing a Heart valve replacement and they are not sure when that will be in her weakened state.
Evan is doing well after his surgery from a ruptured cyst. He didn't tell me how close he came to dying until he was well. I would have killed him if he had died without saying good-bye so it is a great thing he is still with us. I definitely would have been in a plane headed his way if I had known.
THANK YOU ALL for your Prayers.
Have a Blessed Thursday and may your bobbins never run out and you stay safe and warm.
Last edited by TeresaK on Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

billizzy

Re: Thursday, February 26th

Post by billizzy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:30 am

Good morning 😴 heads. Lol

Well I think I’ve read and caught up.

So good to hear twins are doing well.
Marry your a quilt making speedster. When done with your blocks come grab my drawers full,
. I need to get many swap blocks done.
Judy so glad drs found problem a blessing for sure even though I know u don’t want surgery.
Prayers Teresa for family. Would love to send you all the rain I could. Living in mud hole here.

Well I’m dreading the car talk with momma. When she herd they can fix car she was all excited to get it back. Ugh. I take her Monday to dr. I hope he mentions no driving. I hope she will finally sell it to neighbor. It’s gonna be a battle for sure. Her dementia right now is mostly memory issues and mild confusion most days ok. I have removed all her meds from house and do her pill trays here and take to her.

So we got snow and freezing rain last night DH said black ice on roads. He spun his work truck 180 this morning trying to stop when car in front of him spun around and wrecked. He was ok no damage. He made it to work.

Well no lil man today busy work day and I’m gonna run into sewing room this morning and work on snowman ufo. So gotta run.

Get me cup of hot coffee n hit the machine.
Hugs and prayers all.
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:49 am

Good morning everyone a cold one here with snow flurries
Teresa Prayers for all your families needs

Izzy The driving issues are a problem Will be praying for you as you have to deal with your Mom
Glad DH is ok

Maryq I’m so sorry about your bathrooms woes And your picnic coming up too Sure hope everything works out Youmay need a porta John lol

Judi Sure hope they can fix it with meds

DS has already been here & dropped off his things He left to work here today
I must get going as I have appt for hair cut I missed last week
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

If anyone has Sharona
S Phone number would you PM me I am very concerned about her

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:02 am

Good morning to all on this beautiful day. The sun is shining and lite wind.
Teresa- you sure have a full plate, hope things goes better as the days pass. I hope your trip is one that will make you smile. Enjoy meeting up with friends, both old and new.
Izzy-you can write a note to the doctor about the need to end your mom driving asap. When you sign her in at the doctor-give the note to the nurse-she'll get it to him. I'm sure the dr has handled this situation many times before. Be prepared for an fight from her. Happy her drugs are with you. Prayers for both of you are coming your way.
Today is a quiet day here. Trying to straighten up the sewing room. Those darn elves seem to sneak in at nights and make a mess. LOL
Time for coffee and start my day.
Enjoy
Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:28 am

Good Morning It is snowy and icey and the kids have a second snow day, so I am here,,,It is too nasty to even drive to my house..Ken said he spun out a couple of times on his way to work this morning, No sewing for me here too busy with the kids. We went to hockey practice last night and it was a horrible drive home, I have DDs expedition a very big suv so felt safe. Wind kicked up causing drifts. Mother Nature just said...."And one more thing..." Usually when I take the kids to school I go home and do things house till 2 when I ,eed to come back here for the kids..but have been stuck here since the weather, Kids are fun and they have friends and games but I crave my sewing machine, oh well this is only once a year. The kids are going again in May but since we are camping the other grandparents have duty that week. I am looking forward to camping weather, the sun is peeking out here so maybe the temp will warm enough to melt the snow. well I hear the natives running around. Pancakes for breakfast and more fun,,,hope weather makes you happy where ever you are. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:31 am

Good Dark Rainy Morning........it's 45*

I'm getting over a nasty UTI. I'm drinking plenty & well on the mend. Boy was I grumpy...good to live alone.

Today is knitting & I'm more than ready to get out of the house. I'd like to run a few small errands if I do not have to pick up the knitter that lives near me. She has offered me her PVC pipe quilting frame, I need to check it out.

Last Fri bread baking & braiding went really well & she went home with 2 beautiful loaves. She would like to make cinn rolls soon. I'm in for that!

It's so hard for me to except but Kimberly turned 49 years old. Just like I was a few years ago. Many nice things happened for her & she was happy.

Teresa......the winter here has been much warmer & so little snow. Just above us the weather has been much colder & snowier. good to hear you are doing better.....keep it up. Happy to keep Courtney in prayer. Plus the rest of you family. ((((HUGS))))))

Izzy......I have to do my catch up reading to do.
Sorry you are facing so many challenges with your Mom. Pray the car/driving goes smoothly.. Do you think it's a good idea to sell the car some place where she will be able to see it? Good to hear DH handled that ice well. Enjoy your day.

Becca.....enjoy your hair cut day. I need one too. If you hear anything about Sharona keep us posted.

Love & Prayers..............Kathy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:17 am

Good morning!

I puttered around my sewing room yesterday. Did a little here and a little there. Worked on turning the tissue holders, more than half done. Then stitched on the
St Patrick's Skinnie and traced out another Skinnie for Spring.

Not much more around here. Geting excited for my cabinet to arrive. I have already started with ideas in my head to decorate the top of the cabinet. I have a very old Singer sewing machine. It was a treadle at one point, but my Grandfather converted to run on electricity. My Aunt got the treadle part, my mom the sewing machine. It sewed my Uncle's diapers, he was born in 1900. It only sews one stitch - straight and forward only. It was a used machine when my Grandmother got it those many years ago. I sewed my wedding dress on this machine, 45 years ago too. It has quite a history, my mom tried giving it away once, made her go retrieve it from the donation pile. I brought it back home with me. It has just been sitting in it's case, in the Batt Cave, so I wil bring it upstairs and display it on the top of the new cabinet, that holds quilts, with a basket or two. I also have a very old basket, we call the Indian Basket. It was made by the Indians in the Yosemite Park area. I once saw on Antiques Road Show, the same basket, only bigger than mine and it was worth several thousand dollars. Who knows, this basket, just held all the embroidery thread, in a old Reader's Digest book in the closet. Now to get quilts done.

Sun is up. Utah just passed a bill to elimanate daylight savings time switching. Stay on the ahead schedule, always. Now need 4 surrounding states as well. We will see.

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:28 am

Lisa had an awesome time at school yesterday. I took a nap.
Teresa so sorry about what your babies are going through...even though they are grown they are still your babies. My prayers are with you.
Flo

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:28 am

Izzy, hope you can get the Dr to side with you and keep Mom from driving. It's been 3 years since my Dad fell off his bicycle and broke his hip. That ended his driving, both car and bike! He was starting to get lost driving sometimes. So, in a way the bike accident was a blessing in disguise.

Judi, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago. Maybe I'm having trouble with that part of the forum.

MaryZ, my Dad has been living in a senior apartment complex, not assisted living. He has a one-bedroom apartment with little refrigerator and we bought a microwave. He takes his meals in their dining room and they have activities at the place. We, the family, make sure he gets his pills and we do his laundry. I'm sure the new place will be in charge of his pills and possibly his laundry, though I don't know yet. My brother may tell me it's not necessary to come back per the schedule after this move. I will still go back and visit from wherever I'm at, on a regular basis.

Trying to get some things done here. I fly to Colorado in just over a week. I'm taking Minnie. Hoping that the weather will cooperate and DH and friends can get out and fish.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Thursday... My goodness this week has gone by fast.. only 48 hours and my Jen and Eli will be here! :D :D :D Tomorrow is cleaning day, but today for SURE I have to get out for groceries! Need to get stuff that the little guy can eat... and of course some Fruit Loops for breakfast!

Teresa... My Goodness.. that is quite a trip you have planned. My brother is selling a little camper that would be perfect for your travels! You could swing by here, pick it up and you'd have a traveling hotel! will send along some prayers for your family and all their health worries!

Izzy.... I sure don't envy you the "car talk" with Mom... as I'm guessing she is going to be pretty resistant to the idea. Hope you can catch her on a good day and that she will agree to give up the keys.
That black ice on the roads is really scary... my sister totaled her car once on a spot of black ice.. luckily she wasn't hurt!

Becca.... You know I didn't even think of getting a porta-potty! I do have a 2nd bathroom downstairs... and the woods :lol: :lol: :lol: Glad you will be able to get out for your hair cut... I got mine yesterday and I feel like a new woman! Went SHORT! easy peasy to fix!

Diane... Oh yes.. those elves are quite busy during the night... and they are so quiet I never hear mine out playing with the yarn in my porch, or the dishes in the kitchen! Do you have QOV at the cafe tomorrow?

Judi..... I can just feel my stomach getting in knots thinking about driving in your awful rain and snow! Good idea to stay put today! So the kids have some board games you can play? Or perhaps they'd like to bake some cookies? How about everybody take a nap! :lol: :lol:

Kathy.... .Bummer.. a UTI! They can certainly hurt like the dickens! Cranberry juice? Glad you are feeling better though.... enough to get out for a bit. Can you believe this... I'm out of baby yarn? That's my night time project.. knitting baby hats.. might have to pick up some when I got out today.

Jana... I have my Grandmother's treadle sewing machine too! Not in very good shape as my Mom stored it in a damp basement for a long time... would SO love to get it totally refurbished. I learned to sew on it as well. Not sure what I will do with it when I go to great quilt shop in the sky. None of my kids will want it.

Flo... Great news that Lisa loved school!!!

Maryz.... Oh fun.... Garage Cleaning! Silly as this sounds.. I am anxious for it to warm up here enough for me to clean out my garage. Kevin is storing some of his golf supplies here, so as soon as he clears that out... I'm going to clean out my garage too. I'll be looking for stuff to take to Viv's garage sale (Shawn's MIL) in May.

Cindy.... Just in case you stop by. I'll be thinking of you and Don today and sending lots of prayers!

For now I better get in gear... shower and put on my public face and get to the grocery store!
Tomorrow is cleaning day! Jen will be here tomorrow afternoon, so Sunday morning I'll put her to work too! :lol: :lol:

Wishing all a most wonderful day

Return to “Sew ins”