Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday February 26,2020

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Wednesday February 26,2020

Post by maryq » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:58 am

Good Morning Girls

HAPPY WEDNESDAY! Nice sun shine this morning!

Lois.... Saw your chickens on FB... oh my... they are so cute! And did you see Sindy's Owl pattern BOM? had to sign up for that too, not that I need another project, but it too is so cute!

Suzette... Bummer you can't remember your password! There are just too many to remember these days. I keep a list of them all hidden away... if I can remember where I hid the list! Tell me again, what colors are your braid quilt?

Jana... I bet you could enlist the help of your Ethan to get those tissue holders turned and stuffed! Bribe him with cookies? :lol:

Becca.... Sorry to hear Hadlee is back on oxygen again... but isn't it wonderful that she can have all the help she needs! Can't believe they are up to 12lbs already!!! Hoping they are sleeping through the night... or will soon!

Maryz… Yup... winter picnic is Sunday... Will be interesting with only one working bathroom! I was thinking about shoveling a path to the woods so the boys can go outside :lol: :lol: I often forget to look at the PHOTO topic, but did peek in there yesterday and saw your GORGEOUS Christmas quilt! My goodness you put that together fast and it is so so pretty!

Flo.... Good news for your DGD that she seemed to like her new school! And nice that it is so close that you can take her and pick her up.

Katy... Are you working on your Pink Lemonade quilt? Do you make the FG with El's ruler? 99% of the time I can make perfect geese with it.

Judi... For sure I will be thinking of you on Friday!!!! Sending lots of prayers !

Lori... Hope you can sneak in some sewing time today!

Time for me to get in gear.. need a quick shower, then I'm running into town for a haircut and back right away.... the Insurance adjuster is coming and the workmen are going to start ripping out the ceramic tile floor in my bathroom. I have a feeling it's going to get really loud and messy here this afternoon. I think I'll hide downstairs. Didn't sew much yesterday, but did get some rearranging done in sewing room and pattern books organized. I really want to get in and get my Fat Cat Angels quilt pinned but that bedroom door is blocked by huge fans and dehumidifiers. But I'm sure I can find SOMETHING to sew! :lol: :lol:

Coffee cup is empty... not good!

Maybe this afternoon I will post the OFFICIAL UGRR Swap!!! :D :D

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:14 am

MaryQ, I only have one of my featherweights with me, as a backup. Except now I have two, with my purchase a couple weeks ago. Several years ago I had to take my Bernina in for repair and had no machine for a couple of weeks. That's when DH told me I should bring one of the FW as backup. Since I have it here, I take it to the clubhouse to sew and leave the Bernina on it's Sew Ezi table.

Becca, prayers for Hadlee.

Flo, hope Lisa likes school.

MaryZ, It takes a long time to run out of dog food here. I buy the smallest, 5#, but it still takes Minnie a while to get to the bottom. She eats 1/8 cup in the morning and same in the evening.

Judi, prayers that the doctor can help you.

CindyG, sending prayers your way, too.

My oldest brother emailed the rest of us yesterday. He and his wife have been looking at assisted living facilities for Dad. They feel it's time to move him. DB got a call from a place Dad had looked at a few years back when he thought about he and Mom moving out of the house. They have a one bedroom apartment available March 16th. So, my job this time will be getting Dad ready to move, get him settled in and adjusted to the new place. It's a very nice place and I hope the staff will be as nice as where he's been living.
Lyn

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:23 am

Well, I went to the dr this morning and I have a small tear in my meniscus in my knee. He is treating me with anti inflammatory until next month. If it doesn’t work I will get a shot in my knee. I took one pill and it feels so much better. Now I am going downstairs to sew the binding on the braid quilt. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:27 am

MaryQ - the colors in the braid quilt are tans, grays, cream, red, blue, green batiks. It used a jelly roll by Pat Sloan.
Suzette

Return to “Sew ins”