Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, February 25

Daily discussions.
velvet

Re: Tuesday, February 25

Post by velvet » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:01 am

Good morning. We have had rain all night and hope it passes during the day. Trying to straighten out a cabinet in my sewing room. What a mess. YUK!! I think the little elves followed me home from Costco and are hiding in there. LOL.

Izzy- you have come so very far in this passed year. Keep up the good work.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Diane

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:11 am

Chriss, FW under a $100, WOW, good thing I don't live out there. I'd be snagging those up like crazy.

Nova Montgomery's class was fantastic! You get a card, 8 x 11 color photos and instructions, which is laminated. But she has others with more information and I bought several of those, along with some other items for my machines. I did spend some money but since I have six of the little girls I need to keep them in good shape and it will be much cheaper for me to maintain them.

Izzy, one year! I still remember Bill's phone call. You have come so far in your recovery. Maybe Mom will forget about the car. The whole dementia thing can have a plus side, you can tell her she hasn't driven in quite some time.

Chriss, it looks like your machine has stitches that would be the top choice if you wanted something fancy. I have stitches on my Bernina that I have never tried and probably never will.

Judi, I hope the rest of your results are good.

We're going to the gun range with 2 other couples this morning, then out for lunch. I've had a pistol for a couple of years and never put a round through it.
Lyn

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:20 am

Judi - glad your stress test went well and you are OK. DH has one on Thursday.

Izzy - a year already? I bet the time didn't fly for you since you are the one that endured the pain but it sure flew by to me.

Chriss - yea for your new machine. I use my needle threader all the time. My dear friend doesn't use hers because she never got it to work. I told her she just needs to have patience and practice a little bit. When you get blind like me, it's heaven-sent.

Lyn - how was the Featherweight class?

WHO is cleaning their kitchen cabinet doors????? When you do something uncalled for like that please don't inform the rest of us. Makes me feel guilty. I bet I go home tonight and take a good look at my cabinets.

Well, Don's oncologist appointment was for today but he was sent on a trip out of town and won't be back in time today to go. So now his appointment is Thursday.....stress test in the AM and cancer news in the PM. I've been so anxious for today to get here so I could find out what's going to happen and now I have to wait 'til Thursday - ding danggit!!! I'm at work now and must get busy.

I hope you can all fondle fabric today.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:07 am

Good beautiful morning!

Judi - such wonderful news! So happy to hear about ut!

Izzy - it is not the accident to remember, but what a warrior you are, to overcome all the obstacles in your path! You rock, Girl!

The sun is shining oh so brightly. And no snow in the forecast for a week! Spring is coming! Time to get out the weed prevent on the yard.

Not much here. Same stuff, different day. I did get all my cookbooks moved, but, I need to adjust several of the shelves, as some of my cookbooks are too tall. We will recycle the wrought iron bookcase, into usage in the middle guest bedroom. Put some baskets on the shelves to hold needed guest things. And whatevers. I love baskets!

Ethan is getting a new, old bunk bed for his room. It was his Dad's, when his Dad was a little boy. The bunkbeds that Matt has, were Michael's when he was little too. My boys used that set and now Matt's boys are using them. Three generations! Ethan is excited to redo his room.

Sending my sunshine eadt,
Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:22 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Tuesday! Another sunny day... I'm loving it... no snow in the forecast Always makes for a happy day for me!

Suzette... My goodness... you have been on a roll. Can't wait to see a picture of your braid quilt... as it has been one I have been wanting to do for a while … even have El's pattern and ruler. Doesn't it feel good to get so much accomplished.. A big High Five!

Lois... 60? Sounds like heaven to me! Though I think we are on the right track for warmer temps here!

Izzy.. WOW a whole year already! Good idea to keep Mom's car in storage... I can't imagine it will be easy for you to tell Mom no more driving... Good luck with that!

Judi... Such good news that your tests came out with good news and that you WILL be around for a while! With all the running back and forth will you get any time to sit and sew this week?

Lori... From pictures on FB I can see that you were having fun in Utah! Sorry about your Aunts passing though.

Becca.... Glad you were able to get out and get your shots... now you can stay in and play today right? How are "our" babies doing? Did I tell you there is a gal in the neighboring town to me that is having quadruplet girls... probably any day now! Plus she has a 20 month old little boy! YIKES. I might go volunteer to help when the babies can come home.

Maryz… I think I had closet cleaning in the job jar... I think I'll leave it in there.. then when I draw it.. I can toss it and go play instead! Yoga Pants! :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a pair of "leggings" but I never wear them and certainly not in public... as you can see all the "hail damage" on my legs. Sounds like you scored big at the thrift shop and the mail box. Glad to hear all is good with Bill

Flo... YEAH for the getting the t-shirt quilts done! Not something I ever want to do again!

Chriss…. How fun to take a class on your new machine! Yes they do like to be threaded... and correctly.... can't tell you how times I've missed the mark and ended up with a mess of threads all over.

Diane.... Must be ESP... as I was trying to get to sleep last night I was thinking about how to rearrange a cabinet in my sewing room... It's a challenge!

Lyn..... You have SIX featherweights! How many do you take on the road with you? I think I'll just keep my eyes open and if I spot a good deal... :) :)

Cindy... Sorry that was me that cleaned cabinets... you can "Gibb smack" me! And I hate to tell you that I also wiped down all the bedroom doors too... they were getting pretty dusty :lol: :lol: will be thinking of you guys all day Thursday!!! With lots of prayers

Jana.... You love baskets too!!!! Oh my gosh, I hate to tell you how many baskets I've had in my house. But then I love anything I can put "stuff" in... any kind of container. It took all my strength to put a Pringles container in the garbage yesterday!

Not sure what I'll get done today... My "easy" toilet fix has turned into a small disaster. The plumber came, took apart the toilet, went to put it back together only to find that the wood flooring underneath was soaked and rotted.... nothing there to hold the screws for the toilet. SO a guy came out, set up fans and dehumidifers up stairs and down (boy are they noisy). Will have to call insurance company and see what will be covered etc... So I'll be running downstairs to pee (sorry) which sucks in the middle of the night :( My house is rapidly becoming a money pit!

For now I better take a quick shower.. the guy is coming back today to check on the drying process... and then another guy will come and tell me what it will cost to repair everything UGH... Guess I won't be buying any fabric any time soon!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:22 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in this morning. Lots of rain out today then tonight we are under winter watch. Supposed to get between 3 - 6 inches of snow over next 36 hours. Supposed to go to cousins funeral on Thursday but depends on the weather. Will go to the viewing tomorrow before snow starts just in case.

Smoke and Sweetie have been fed and are back to sleep already. Such a rough life!! LOL

Today is Fat Tuesday so I have my punchi (?) ready to eat. Just bought 2 cherry ones because they are so sweet. Will eat one while watching the NCIS New Orleans Mardi Gras Marathon that start at 4 today. I really like that show.

Hard to believe tomorrow starts Lent but that means Spring is that much closer. I am ready for it. Though it hasn't been snowy it has been enough to give everyone colds.

Hope everyone has a good day. Prayers for all who need them.

Sherry

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 am

Good morning everyone!
Judi, do happy all is good!
Izzy, we're all lucky to have you all mended up. I don't envy you trying to take driving away from your mom, we couldn't work my mom and Dad probably shouldn't be doing any yet. I really don't like it when he drives out of town but there's nothing we can do. He has 5 vehicles not counting his tractor and lawnmower and he's a mechanic so we can't disable anything on them that he couldn't fix quick.
Cindy, prayers for Don and you.
Sherry, your creature of habit-ness is comforting to me.
Lyn, I belong to a Featherweight email site, they do step by step restore and maintenance for the F.
I'm making some baby shower gifts, a first for me.... so far I'm enjoying it!
I was pulling fabrics for the shower gifts and realized I've got to pull all my fabrics out soon and redo my closet and how I store them. My shelves are so deep that things get pushed to the back and I can't see them so I think after DH retires again next month that I'll be enlisting his help with new narrow shelves....I hope he'll be in the mood to make shelves!
You all have a great day!
Tina

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 am

Well I guess I spoke too soon morre prayers are needed seems they called today and althought all of my tests were ok I do have blockage or part of one....need to go in friday and "talk" everything was going along fine and then poof. well I did a little research and might be ok with meds and rehab...but a stent is the next idea...my cardiologist is booked till april so I will talk tp the NP on friday and see what she says, as Gilda Radner used to say "Its always sumptin" XXXXXXXX

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 am

Judi - at least they found it early!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:32 pm

Judi, glad they found it and it can be corrected.

Maryz, my aunt lives in Spokane WA. I haven't seen her in more than 25 years. Interesting that both sisters have dementia. My grandma did not.

Well I'm back home in SoCal. What a difference in the weather. It was 22 when I took the girls out to go potty this morning in Utah. I get home and it's 80+. DH is golfing, but should be home soon. The boys were very happy to see mama. And the kitties were happy too.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”