Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, February 25

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, February 25

Post by suzette58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:25 am

Good morning everyone.
Today is open sew at the quilt shop. I am looking forward to it. The braid quilt is done being quilted and I will get to pick it up as well. I have the binding ready and a label. We had rain all night but it is just about over. I have also finished the Halloween quilt for my friend. I have been on a roll. Now to decide on my next project. In April I have a paper piecing retreat so I need to decide which project I am going to work on for that and get the papers and fabrics ready. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, February 25

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:39 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,

We are expecting Suzettes rain so I will be in my sewing room working on my spring chickens.
Yesterday was a beautiful day up over 60 i took our great nephew out in his carriage for about an hour my sister in law works from home on mondays a watches him at the same time so i gave her a little break and got a little exercise .
Suzette you are a busy lady enjoy your sew day.
That's all the news here have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:29 am

Good morning all. Have fun sewing ladies, work today my busy day.

Yesterday was my one year anniversary for my accident. It’s so hard to believe a year already. I spent morning taking momma to grocery. Her car is fixed but we have the body shop keeping it in storage until I can get dr to tell her she shouldn’t be driving.

Nothing else new here. Headed to read what you girls up to.

Hugs and prayers.
🐐izzy

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:37 am

Izzy - I can’t believe it has been a year already. Glad you are doing well. It is hard when you have to tell your parent(s) they can’t do something they have done for a long time. Hang in there.

Lois - enjoy your sewing day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:02 am

Good Morning. I am getting used to getting up early. today the parents leave for Vegas and I stay with the kids. I know their routine and jeff will leave me an itenerary. A few hockey gamrs and might even have a snow day, We are expecting 3-5 inches of snow and rain maybe ice. hope it doesnt happen. I will be there til sunday. but think I will take my computer there so I can keep up with goings on. After the kids go to school I usually come home and make sure this ship is sailing smoothly then back there to feed and water the kids when they come home. there is akways homework and practise.

I will try to get the binding and label on the VC quilt. so glad that will be done. Im not even sure I will take it to the meeting next month. one other quilt is waiting but I just decided to work on my 3 other wips that look like so much more fun...both Christmas...

well I need coffee and a few loads of laundry, hope you all will be having a great day..XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOO

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:57 am

Judi, have fun with the kids. Glad your test came out ok.

Izzy, it's been a long road mending for you. Good luck with your mom and the car issue.

Suzette, have fun at sew day.

I saw you used your lotto blocks that didn't measure up. Are you making a don't dang quilt?😲

I'm headed home today. Had a nice visit with DS and the girlies. I received a message this morning that my aunt passed. I didn't know she was that ill. She was 7 years younger than my mother. She also had dementia like my mom.

Have a wonderful day.

Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:06 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here after rain yesterday & night We need some drying

Suz You are on a roll with your quilts

Lois What fun strolling a baby Nothing sweeter than babies

Izzy I thought it was spring time when you got hurt Glad they have moms car under wrap

Judi You do keep busy with your kiddos Glad all’s well with test

Maryz At quilting everyone works by themselves & does quilts A lady does all the hemming at home

Lori Have a safe trip home Sorry about your Aunt

I got my shots with only 2 days to spare Sure glad they were there I have laundry to do Hope everyone has a wonderful day
Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning,

JUDI - so happy to hear your good news - the results of your stress test. That's one worry off your shoulders now. Congrats on finally finishing your VC! Oh, do take it to your quilt guild. I know it became your quilt from heck, but it's still a beautiful quilt, and proof of your stick-to-it-ive-ness. It will impress your quilty cohorts, for sure!

BECCA - glad you got your shots! My DIL, Emily, used to quilt with her church group, too. She was the 'binder' for all the quilts. She learned quickly how to do them by machine because there were so many she would never have been able to get them all finished by hand.

IZZY - uh - happy anniversary? From that point on, your life will be measured from before the accident and after the accident. And look how far you've come!! Yay, You!!! Talk about determination! I'm glad you've figured out a way to get your mom off the road. It's so hard. And I can speak from experience. But it's the right thing to do. Go with God. :)

LOIS - how fun to have a 'walking buddy'! How old is he?

SUZETTE - have fun at Free Sew Day! I bet your braid quilt is beautiful!

SHERRY - I love cooking a big meal now and then, too. And then there's those days when buttering toast is too much trouble! lol!

MARY Q - If you didn't have the hall closet in the job jar I think you should put it in just so you can take it out! lol! Bill's appt went just fine, really a formality to give him the good results of an ultrasound he had a few weeks ago - and to hand him off to another dr as he's retiring.

LORI - So sorry you lost your aunt. Did she live close to you? Fly safe! You'll miss Yoda, Buttercup, and The Other One. Oh and your son! But you'll have Jack and Wrigley waiting for you! Oh, and your hubby, too. :D

CHRISS- what's the report on Jazz? Do you love her? What did you sew over the weekend?

KATHY - how are things going at your house? Last I read you were cleaning.

Yesterday after Chiropractor I dropped off our ballots and just for giggles and grins stopped at the Goodwill. Mondays are always bargain days. So many things are 99 cents, $1.99, or 50% off. I found a new, still in the box 2-qt crockpot, a new front door mat, a new cast iron skillet. I tried on a pair of yoga pants and about fell over laughing when I looked in the mirror! :lol: Yoga pants don't lie. I got a little radio that plays CD's and tapes. We have lots of CD's and old time radio tapes and nothing to play them on. Now we do. A pair of Clark's ankle boots for $12. (reg ~$180), a book, a vase, and a basket full of other treasures. But no fabric. :cry: Also, yesterday in the mail I picked up the new BLOCK magazine, a Buttermilk Basin wool applique book from QIAD, and a new Christmas embroidered quilt pattern (another lifetime project!) from a very good friend. It was all about me yesterday!

I did get a little sewing in yesterday and plan to do more today. If weather permits, I might go rake up a few branches, cones, and twigs that came down in last Sunday's storm. And I have iris to dig up and give away. It's going to be another beautiful, full day, no matter what I choose to do.

I hope everyone else has a fab day, too!
mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:15 am

Morning
Quick write in. Meeting with school staff this morning. Rained yesterday, snow tonight.
Second t shirt quilt done! Just need to clean them both. Yay!
Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:30 am

Good morning, It's going to be a great day today. Temps are to go into the 80's by Friday and then it's supposed to lightly rain on Sunday. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have real seasons again?

Lois, Love the Aria, what a pretty machine.

Velda, craft time sounds like fun.

Jana, isn't a light box a wonderful thing? I got mine at Amazon for under $20, It works wonderfully.

Maryz, I love my new toy. She winds bobbins beautifully and I only had to tame her once, she thought she wasn't going to be threaded but I have the owners manual. I am so looking forward to seeing your ding dang orphan quilts.

Lori I do love my machine. it is heavy and won't be taken to classes. I also ordered the extension table to help with quilting. It's a dream. I love the pictures of you with your son. Isn't it great to have great kids?

Maryz, yep, I was sewing. There really aren't a ton of features in my machine. There will be a class when I pick up the items they had to order to go with it. I like that it doesn't have more than I will use. Sorry about the toilet, glad you caught it. And yay for getting those cabinets cleaned. Featherweights are often for sale here, often for under $100

Judi, great news about the test.

Flo, hoping for a great meeting

Guess I need to get to work. You all have a great day,

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Return to “Sew ins”