Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday, February 20th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Thursday, February 20th

Post by suzette58 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:42 am

Good morning everyone.
Today is my sewing day with my friend. Each month we get together to sew and have a good time. Sometime this afternoon we are supposed to get snow. So we will see how long we get to sew. We have to plan on our charity project as well. We came up with pillow cases, a QOV quilt. I am sure we will come up with something else as well. Yesterday I went and picked up my diabetes medicine. Somehow the pharmacy tech and I got to talking about how much it would be if I didn’t have insurance. Because I have to have a 90 day supply it would have been almost $1,000. That is horrible. What do people do that don’t have any insurance? So sad. It makes me realize the 33 years I spent at AT&T was worth it. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

Becca

Re: Thursday, February 20th

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:35 am

Good morning everyone We are. Expecting snow this AM I have to get to town early for shot & pick up med for DH Then hair cut If the snow starts I’ll skip hair cut
Suz DH called on a med for him & it was over 800 plus. Meds are out of control
Glad you have insurance

Have uglies to do then I can get on something else Hope everyone has a great day Stay warm & safe Becca

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:45 am

Good morning Suzette and Becca,

Today is ugly day here yesterday we did food shopping went to get some bananas and they were all green so today after uglies we will go to another place and buy a few.
Suzette yes it seems everyone is at the mercy of drug companies and you have to hope and pray that your insurance will cover it and people that dont have insurance get it from state aid.

Well that's all the news here Suzette and Becca I hope the snow is not to much.
Have a great day everyone.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:13 am

Good morning burr lil chilly here. Still in my jammies. No lil man until later when momma has dr appt. lol I took him and dd with me to mine. ;) :lol:

So today was first day for new med. thyroid issue. I looked up symptoms had all of them except menstrual and heart issues. So I
Guess will see how it goes.

Well nothing else new need to run. Get dressed n feed my critters. Busy work day too.

Hugs all. Stay warm. Spring around the corner. :D
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:15 am

Good morning!

We are burrrrr cold, in the low teens, but no snow in the forecast until Monday/Tuesday. C'mon Spring, or even Summer! Right now, I'll take the heat!

Got the master bathroom done as well as the upper cabinets, cleaned and organized. Even altered two pair of baseball jersey pants for a little boy who I know. Good day yesterday I would say. Oh, even sewed a few more tissue holders. Some days I am not a sloth! LOL!

Don't know what today will hold, so will fall back to a sew something plan. We also have our class tonight. I do need to file some fabric back in order in the Batt Cave.

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:38 am

Good morning . I think we are going to get mostly cold and rain from this weather coming up. Becca's area will get snowy but here we seem to be safe.
Today going to TOD's house to get some qov kits done. Tomorrow is vets cafe at 9 am. Hope weather is not a problem for the older vets to travel.
Hope everyone has a happy day.
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 am

Good morning,

I overslept this morning. Felt good to wake up and see that it was after 0500! I was outside with DH yesterday for a few hours as we washed and detailed our truck. Guess it was the fresh air that made me sleep so well. Or maybe it was the 12,000 steps my Fitbit recorded. I got in almost 11,000 yesterday.

I spent yesterday morning putting binding on my Christmas Country Charmer and laying out my next Ding Dang Orphan quilt. This one is all 12" bocks with sashing so it's going more quickly. I hope to get this top finished today, too, and another one started. Tomorrow is uglies, chiropractor, grocery shopping. But today is all mine!

I agree that drug prices are astronomical and criminally high. But try calling around to different pharmacies. There can be a huge difference in prices at different stores. And I understand there are often big coupon savings, too, if you look on-line.

CHRISS - is there a place to walk on your lunch hour? Too bad your employer doesn't have a gym for employees. How far is Sacramento from you? I think for us it would be a full day's - or more - drive. My Sew'n'Vac sells gently used, refurbished machines at a much lower price than brand new. And NV and AZ may have lower prices. It's worth a road trip to go look. Look at how much higher CA gasoline is in CA. And never be shy about asking a dealer to meet or beat others' prices for same item. OH! And don't forget to ask them to throw in a 1/4" foot to seal the deal when you find your deal. They will do it.

SUZ - have fun sewing today. Hope you don't get snowed out. Or in. Whatever.

JANA - you are really on a roll with the cleaning! Are you trying to catch up with Katy?

DIANE - hope you and TOD don't get into too much trouble today!

JUDI - are you still on kid detail?

Coffee is done and I'm off to find my cup!

Piece!
mary z

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:23 am

Hi everyone. I have a couple of minutes since my boss is doing a colonoscopy today and so he isn't here. It is pouring down rain - just a miserable drive into work. And it 's cold (to us) and it may get down to freezing the next 2 nights. I read yesterday's posts and today's. Who is it that got a new truck because they are getting an Airstream? I'm afraid to go back and look as my post might go away. Anyhow, we have a 33' 5th wheel ( not a lite ) and a 3/4 ton diesel Chevy truck. It pulls the 5th wheel with power to spare. I have to have a foot stool to get into the thing though! Cray cray. DH is feeling normal even with the lung cancer. We still wouldn't know about it if his reg MD hadn't sent him for a chest Xray which is what got this ball rolling. He has an oncology appt. next Tuesday and we will see how bad, get a prognosis and find out what chemo cocktail and how it will be administered. I don't think he'll be feeling so good after the chemo gets started. I worked on the baby's quilt a bit last Saturday but ran out of Heat-n-bond. I have some new stuff I got at the quilt show but I have to read to learn to use it because I have long ago forgotten the demonstration we watched. That and the Maytag Mambo is what I'll be doing over the weekend. And we're going to buy some new bushes for the front flower bed. It's going up to the upper 60's Sunday afternoon so that will be a good day for DH to plant them. I'd better get going.

I hope you can all fondle fabric today.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:52 am

Good morning I am home and done with kid detail for a few days, I will have to go back their tuesday night to stay for 5 days as the parents head to vegas for a week. this also includes taking them to hockey and other activities. Jeff will make me our schedule. so I donr miss anything, Biggest thing is liams hockey game in Bay City (2 hours away) on saturday, ( we take their car and their gas card) but the kiddos are fun. After I take them to school I can come home and look after things here and go back at 3 when they get home.

I finished piecing the top and cut the binding and borders I will try to get it finished today, I do have to run to the store and get pizza fixings and the post office to mail a package, Ken has requested home made pizza for supper...I am good with it the scale is happy this morning,
Well I need to get in gear....hope you all have a great day, stay safe in the snow and rainy weather,XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOO

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:07 am

Good Morning Girls

Did ya miss me yesterday... I peeked in, but you know how easily I get distracted.. walked into the kitchen for coffee and bam.... I ended up going a whole different direction...

Suzette.... Yikes.. that is some expensive medicine!!! Is it a generic for a brand name? Having worked in pharmacy for 30 years I can tell you I have seen some real doozies.. and believe me, it's not the pharmacy that makes $$ on those pricey drugs! Is there a Vets home or a nursing home near you that might like some quilts?

Becca.... Hope the snow waits until you get home so you can get your hair cut today!

Lois.... I may have to join you in a few "ugly chores" today... ugh... but they should go quickly so I can get back to sewing... Have you seen the fatcat pattern called "Friends care" it's little girls and hearts? I started that the other day.. shame on my for starting another project.

Izzy.... So glad they checked your thyroid level!! Hope you will be able to tell the difference soon. My sis had her thyroid go wonky after her last baby.. she got really tired and would lose her train of thought mid conversation.. meds fixed her right up! Thanks for the PM!! :)

Jana... I got you beat... it's 15 BELOW here this morning! But could get up to 40 by Sunday! Please send me some of the "cupboard cleaning energy" I do need to get back to my job jar chores! :lol:

Diane.... Happy Kit Making Day! Hope you get lots done and have lots of women to put them together for you!

Maryz.... My goodness you are on a roll with your Orphan blocks. I found a few more in my closet.. you want mine too? :lol: :lol: :lol: I even found some from a MN shop hop from 2014! Can I bring my car over for the "Z's car wash and detailing service"?

Cindy.... So good to see you pop in! I think about Don all the time and send lots of prayers for him and you!

My DIL stopped by yesterday to bring me my GS cookies... gotta have my Thin Mints! They are having a fund raiser at the kids school and Corinne's grade is doing a theme of home and garden" so with all that trapper cloth I bought, I'm making some aprons! Got a good start on them yesterday and will try to finish them up today. They go pretty fast.

Can you keep a secret? My Jen and Eli are coming home for the Winter Picnic. Sara told me yesterday, but it's supposed to be a surprise for me, so I can't let on to Jen that I know she is coming! I'm going to surprise her and pick her up at the airport! :lol: :lol: I'm so excited!

Guess I better get dressed and get to work... Need more coffee and it is my weekly date with Mr. Maytag today!

Wishing you all a most wonderful day

Return to “Sew ins”