Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUNDAY, February 16th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Re: SUNDAY, February 16th

Post by suzette58 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:04 am

Good morning (almost afternoon)
I have been in my fabric looking for some Halloween fabric and found so much other stuff I had forgotten I had. It is like it all is brand new. LOL! I am making my friend a Halloween quilt in memory of her son. He took his own life in August of last year. He loved Halloween and would decorate her house every year. I hope everyone has a great day.
Suzette

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:15 pm

Good beautiful morning.

I spent most of yesterday quilting my jelly roll race quilt on my sewing machine. It is rather scrappy so I decided I would use up all wound bobbins I had and some thread I had leftover from other projects. Got rid of quite a few funky colors that I wouldn't use otherwise.

Suzette, scrounge deeper in that tub. I need some binding too. My quilt is rather scrappy so whatever you find will do.

Lois, how fun to buy a new house. Hope your son and Melissa find a perfect place.

Flo, hope today finds you feeling much better.

Becca, strip the beds make the beds strip the beds, make the beds, it's a tail chaser.

Sherry, Jerry will be watching the Nascar race today. As the race progresses he watches with his eyes closed, he's amazing that way. ;)

Jana, Glad they let the video in, when I think of the person asking that it not be viewed I just shake my head. dorks.

Maryq, I will gladly pick you up on my way. I so wish we could really go. And I would also not be bothered by your snoring. Funny, I also snore. then I got my sleep apnea machine and quit snoring and started sleeping through the entire night. Then, when the power was out and I couldn't use my machine, Jerry mentioned how much I snored. Tina is going to test drive that baby lock machine. If she says it's a good machine I will go test drive it. The nearest place for me is 1 1/2 hours from home to buy a machine.

Maryz, how was the quilt show, guess I will find out when I read your today post. I'm also considering making a ding dang Lori quilt. I don't have nearly as many orphan blocks as you do but then I haven't been hoarding for quite as long.

Cindy, nice to have a dinner date. I love seafood and if you add a good steak all the better.

Kathy, hope you get some sleep soon. I'm also cranky on little sleep. But if you ask Jerry he might say I am just plain cranky. a trip to that quilt shop will surely be a mood lifter. Have you ever had a sleep study? Maybe it would help, it sure turned my life around.

Lori, I never thought of cutting a block to make it fit. thanks for the tip.

Maryz, see, I knew you'd tell me about the quilt show. Love both of the quilt kits you bought. and glad the quilt show was the right size.

Lyn, Are you in Texas? prayers for safe travels. One day your time will be your own and you will wish it wasn't. xo

Lois, get that wash finished up and bring that quilt over here, we will sew together.

Becca, we have a few clouds here as well. I even asked Jerry to turn up the heat. enjoy church.

Diane, if you are able to catch and teach those elves to clean I will go to Costco and do the same. Seems we don't shop Costco too much anymore. We still have a membership but mostly just go get gas there.

Judi, I thought I had checked in yesterday too. I even remember reading the posts. You sure did a lot of traveling yesterday. Nice that Ken and you are able to help your sis. Didn't know she found a motor home, what did she get? Even though her house is too big it wouldn't pay to sell and downsize. Houses are so costly now.

Jana, I had made quite a few of those purse sized tissue holders at one time. They made a great little gift and sewed up so quickly.. Your relief society will appreciate them.

Sherry, I've just finished watching my favorite part of Nascar, or really any sport. the National Anthem and the jets flying over. Soon President Trump will have them start their engines, I will be done with this post and will be having some quiet time with Mr. Singer.

Maryq, see what happens when you talk to people? your head spins :lol: So? what ideas are swimming around in that head of yours ? I bet it's something fun.

Suzette, hope you find all the halloween fabric you need.

Well Moose is staring outside looking at a squirrel who is taunting him. He's about two seconds from jumping on the window sill and barking. He would love to get one of those tree climbing critters.

I have a few lotto blocks that just need a little more sewing, then onto my last swap block and can likely get to the post office on Monday.

I also need to make my salad for next weeks lunches. busy day for me.

Hope you all have a marvelous day.
chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Lil late to party but I’m hiding in potty. Lol my quiet zone here. :lol: :lol:

Taking momma home. She is starting to get mean and I really can’t deal with that side of her. Is she safe. Well as safe as she is gonna be. Yes I think some dementia setting in. Has no memory. Asks what time it is constantly and if she took her meds. 😩
Now trying to pick fights over stupid stuff. Like keys and not wanting to eat. :evil:

My brother called while here don’t even get me started. Wanted to come down to visit. I told him not now, I had mom here and was keeping grand for weekend. He gives me bull like my doing keeping him away so I told him call house he could talk to mom. He calls she tells him off and hangs up. Hummm guess I will get blame for that too. I wasn’t in room when all that went down. I handed her phone n went to my happy place.....the potty :lol: :lol: only room I can be alone in....well minus the grand :lol: :lol:

So tomorrow menu me dr then DD doctor, then momma hearing dr, then taxes.... :o :shock: :o :o fun....and I may need a sedative after all that.

Well hugs and I will try to check in on Tuesday.
🐐izzy

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Maryz, that sounds like the perfect size show. Glad you were able to find some goodies.

Izzy, sorry about your mama. My mom has dementia. She is just starting to say some mean things once in a while. Mostly just inappropriate things. She has no filter. Good thing she doesn't go in public much. Only Doctors appointments.

Chriss, I use up thread that way too. Usually left over bobbins from quilting. I like your jelly roll quilt. Fun and easy.

Suzette, what a thoughtful gift. How sad to have to lose a son.

Maryq, I can whip though Costco in no time. I stick to my list and get in and out. And I don't go near lunch or dinner. Too many food samples being handed out. I think people go just to eat, then they block the isles.

Judi, It sounds like you didn't like the VC quilt making. Have you made a Lori Holt pattern in the past? Her blocks are pretty involved. I just cut out 11 12 1/2 inch chicks from her Vintage Farm Girl. There weren't too many pieces, but some of her blocks have quite a few.

Sherry, I think 25 percent of my day is spent with the dogs and cats and cleaning up after them.

Jana, I like your cat saying. Never heard that one before.

Well I've been busy cutting up fabric. I cut up my chickies, a pattern for shamrock table runner, and some patriotic stars. I need some things just to sew on the machine. I like hand applique, but it take a lot of time. So I will take a break and make something else. Also need to get something to take with me to Utah on Friday. Maybe my applique blocks would be good for that.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”