Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday February 13, 2020

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Thursday February 13, 2020

Post by WeeOne » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:06 am

Sending out lots of prayers this morning to all the needs talked about above.

CindyG, I'm so sorry to hear of Don's medical report. Will he go to MD Anderson for treatment? People around here say it's very good. Sending you (((Hugs)))

Izzy, hang in there. I know your Mom can be difficult. (((Hugs))) Hope lil man can keep her entertained.

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 am

Good Morning Girls

Boy, am I glad I got out for groceries yesterday! It as 30 above... this morning it's 15 BELOW! A good day to stay in and PLAY today!

First of all.. a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO Jana! Hope you have a great day!

Lois... I have seen those rulers on FB ads, but have never been able to figure out how to use them on a regular machine, since there's no LA machine at my house! :D To me it looks like you'd need another set of hands to guide fabric and hold the rulers. How fun to spend a day looking at house with your DS!

Diane.... Oh dear, I can so hear you on Insurance co's. I've argued with a few in my days in the Pharmacy. I'll be thinking of Laura all day today... praying for GREAT results and pain free days ahead for her.

Jana... Isn't there just some thing about playing with fabric that is so … not sure of the right word, but it's like it's healing or something... great for the endorphins! I do so hope you have a wonderful birthday... remember, it's all about the CAKE!

Judi... No test after all today? YEAH. So nice to have a handy guy around the house.. I hate to tell you what it cost to have a toilet replaced in my house.. But it's one of those higher styles... so much nicer than the 30yr old one. I'll mark my calendar for the 24th... I'm available for prayers that day too!

Maryz… Sorry you had to cancel your camping trip.. I did mail blocks yesterday and PO says they will arrive tomorrow. I have the nicest guy at the PO... if I were just a little bit younger …. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Suzette... YEAH you... you got your quilt layered... my least favorite part of the whole process. Perhaps that's why I have so many UFO's in my closet!

Chriss.. So good to hear Mar is doing so well. We had a family in town that home schooled all 12 of their kids. Not some thing I would want to have done with my 3, but then schools here, when my kids went through, were small (only 100 in Jen's class) but now they are up to 600+ in this years Sr. class.

Cindy.... You and Don will be in my thoughts and prayers... So sorry to hear the news..

Valerie... Hope you find some Best Press close by.. I love that stuff, but it's so darn expensive. I've heard of recipes to make your own, with cheap vodka, but I'm not sure I want Vodka on my fabric! :lol:
Once in a while if it's on sale at Joann, I'll grab one and then dilute 50-50 with water. Hope your new care taker works out for you and more importantly that Dad likes her!

My first cup of coffee is now good and cold (uck) so time for a refill, then I have a date with Mr. Maytag today. Not a problem so there's plenty of trouble I can get into in the sewing room at the same time. I ordered a special blade for my Cameo cutter and it should arrive today... for fabric only... am anxious to try some more cutting designs on fabric for applique!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:07 am

Good morning!
Happy birthday Jana!
Happy anniversary tomorrow Mary and Bill!!
Cindyg, I'm so sorry to hear of Don's diagnoses, prayers going up for him and you.
Our snow is almost gone, we got about 6+" here at our house. It was beautiful and we sure needed that moisture! Hopefully the y poppies will bloom bigtime this spring from it! Some years they turn our entire mountain yellow! Beautiful!
I just realized that Monday is a no school holiday so I get a 3 day weekend!
You all have a great day!
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:23 am

Happy Birthday Jana. Hope you have a fabulous day. Is Sarah making you a cake? What is your favorite cake? Whatever it is, have a nice big piece.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:01 am

Maryz, you're welcome. lol You can put all kinds of blocks together. You can even cut them on the diagonal and use them for a square in a square. I did that and it came out really cute. I didn't have that many blocks, but I used most of them. This is a picture. I posted it last fall.
Have fun and go crazy. I saw quilts from the 1800's where they had done this. Probably for utility quilts.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:03 am

Cindy, I'm so sorry to hear about Don's diagnosis. I sure hope he can fight it. Keeping you in my thoughts.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:09 am

Chriss, or should I just say twin? lol I can't believe Marilyn will be 17 already. Time sure does fly by. So glad to hear she is doing well with school. There is so much drama in schools today I imagine it's hard to focus on what is really important.

Tina, I bet you are going to have fabulous color come this spring.

Maryq, don't you just hate it when you get busy and your coffee gets cold. There are some days I just keep getting hot coffee, but never get to drink it while it's hot.

Well I need to do a little house work and then some sewing.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:22 am

Cindyg I’m so sorry to hear about Don Will be praying for wisdom for Drs & for you

Valerie I hope your new caregiver works out better Sounds like the girl needs training

Izzy Prayers for you & for your mom to be calm & cooperative

Chris I cannot believe Mar is that old I have 4 homeschooled & they are so far ahead of public schools So glad she’s doing well Hope you find the perfect machine

Judi Sorry you got put off Praying for you Great DH can fix everything

Diane Prayers for Laurel & sure hope it brings relief

Jana Happy Birthday to you Enjoy

Has anyone heard from Sharona She has been missing for sometime
I’ve been busy & got my walk in too All uglies completed Hope your day is a happy one Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Back DD cancelled the toilet install for today (she has 3 bathrooms) something came up with the kiddos. Ken is taking me to dinner tonight since he has a gift certificate burning a whole in his pocket,,,It will be hungarian, Yummmy food there too. Our neighbors are hungarian and they even speak it...so they gave us the crtificate for Christmas.
Cindy I am heartbeoken for you I will be on my knees tonight for Don. and for you...Remember we all love you and will pray hard for you both.
I am really mad at Jana...She got me thinking about Spring cleaning,,,,so I did my basement today 5 hours worth.. I have an entire pile of stuff for my sisters garage sale...Im not selling I just want it gone...She will donate the money to Relay for Life...Her pet project,,I found a whole box of cassette tapes of Christmas music...gone and a bunch of cds..some were my sons. they dont want them one son just laughed and said I dont even have a cd player...Ken of course said he would look and see if there was anything he wanted (LOL) to keep/ Off to get ready for dinner,,,XXXXXXXOXOXOXOXOXOXXXX

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Oh Judi,

Don't be mad at me. Think of it as a huge headstart and you will be done all that much sooner. Then you can play more with all your WIPs and grandchildren. That's a good thing! :D

Return to “Sew ins”