Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday Jan 28,2020

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Tuesday Jan 28,2020

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:31 am

Morning
Up early, couldn't sleep...it's the mom in me. DDIL decided to drive through night, we offered to put hotel room on our card for her, but we think she just wanted to put old life behind her and keep moving. She did stop in New Mexico for a few hours sleep in car. My son had his trucker buddies keeping an eye on her. She should be here about dinner time. It's still about 12 hours drive to here, and she got back on road at 4:30 am. Dinner, bed, & hot shower await her. My DGD favorite meal is my homemade spaghetti and meatballs, so that's for supper.
I will nap today sometime...but for now it's 5:30 & I am wide awake.
Flo

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday Jan 28,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:09 am

Good morning flo,
Thank you for opening the thread I have been up since 2:30 went to go and couldnt fall back to sleep so I've been watching tv and making some yo yo's .
Yesterday I went to hobby lobby found what I need also found chicken wire fabric that I wanted way cheaper there almost half the price.
Today I will start cutting out the bear paw quilt I have the dies for the go cutter it makes nice 14" blocks.

Well there is nothing else new to report everyone have a good day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:57 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here
Flo Praying for safe travels for your family
Sure DGD will be happy to have her spaghetti

Lois Sorry you cant sleep Great you found the fabric needed at a great price

Sharona Sorry you are sick Praying for healing for you

Our DGSChris was doing better late yesterday They give him steroids &benadryl until he gets to Dr tomorrow Thanks for your prayers

Yesterday while cleaning I got into our family histories one of my sides goes back to 1500 s my First cousin researched & traveled a lot to get it completed
On my other side my first cousin did a lot of research on that side I benefited from all their work

It’s laundry here Hope you have a great day and prayers for all in need Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:20 am

I'm awake after sleepless night like a few others. GRR!! Hate it! Woke at 4. Maybe a short nap during the day will be needed.

Going to try to work on a top, have the blocks sewn just need to iron and put them around a eagle panel. The sew-in day is this Sat. Fingers crossed for a good number of tops to get done.

Coffee is calling.
Diane

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:34 am

Good morning, I don't seem to get here as often as I used to. I do read every day, time just isn't my friend.

Kathy, DGD will love her tote bags. I bet you could hand quilt that embellished house quilt, it would be adorable.

Lori, I love that route 66 pattern. I have almost bought it a couple of times. it's really cool.

Maryz, the bird quilt entry is due at the beginning of May. I also have a lot of ideas in my head. just need to settle on something. the quilt can be no bigger than 16 inches and can be any shape. It's a small quilt show held at the town museum. they will have a bed turning and quilts will hang all over the museum. there will also be a parade. They tie it in with the butterfly festival. what fun to plan a big trip. great yoyo's girl.

Flo, safe travels for DDIL. the room turned out really nice, they will love it.

Lois, nice that your niece thought of you to make an item for her event. she must like your work. I love a bear paw quilt.

Becca, prayers for your Chris. How is he doing? did they figure out what it was?

Lyn, I haven't been on an airplane in years. when crazy things like that happen it makes for a story to tell over and over. My parents have many stories that start with, "Let me know if I have told you this one before" they always have and I never let them know. This one will go in that file for you, :lol:

Times up, need to get moving.

you all have a great dya
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:07 am

Good morning world!

Flo sorry you aren't sleeping. It is hard when you have things on your mind.
Lois glad you were able to find some things you need.
Becca glad Chris is doing better. My sister did a lot of genealogy but I have not been able to get into her online account to retrieve the information. Her DH cannot locate her passwords. I have my Dad's side of the family in a binder he had which also goes back around 1500.
Diane sorry to hear you are in the group with no sleep. Uhm, wonder what may have been going on last night?
Chriss I have a hard time getting here often anymore either. I can't even read everyday! I try to keep up, but........Can't wait to see what you decide on for the bird quilt.

My quilt came yesterday from Teresa. There was a bit of a scare as stayed in Oakland for a few days. It came out quite nice. I am letting it rest on top of the bed so the folds relax some. Then I think it will become my couch quilt. It's bigger than a lap but not quite a twin.

Oh I hear an animal outside, sounds like it may be in distress. I will stay inside as I don't want to get injured. I also heard that criminals are making recordings of animals and babies crying to get people to come outside, then rob them or kidnap them for sex industry.

Dad is hanging in there. Tina how is your Dad doing? I can't imagine shingles anyway let alone on my face. I know that is quite painful especially around the eye.

Oh my, just saw it is after 6. I better get going.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:09 am

Good morning,

FLO - the room looks very welcoming and inviting. That's a rough and dangerous way to travel for a woman with a child. Hope all goes well. You are an awesome MIL!

DIANE - enjoy those blocks today!

LOIS - I've been waking at 0400 for the last two weeks. And falling asleep in front of TV by 8pm! Last night I finally took an IBU-PM and slept for 9 hours, hoping to break that cycle. I love breaking into a new project! Are all the blocks the same fabrics or are you using a variety of blacks and whites?

LORI - I don't know yet if my yo yo quilt is going to be heavy though I suspect it might when finished. The picture is from a magazine. Peeking out under the picture you can see a few of my yo yo's that I've sewn to strips, but I'm only about 20% done.

KATHY - you can order a roll of W&N on-line. I expect Amazon would be happy to help you out, but also, when Joann's has a big sale, you can have it shipped to the store which, I think avoids shipping costs. We buy it by the roll at the factory. It comes in a box and if you stand the box up it is an 18" square footprint. The roll we buy is 90" wide, folded, so the box is 45" tall.

VAL - what a nice thing to get in the mail - a finished quilt! Did Teresa bind it for you, too, or do you do that yourself? Do we have a photo of it here yet?

SHARONA - sorry to hear you are sick. Flu, cold, or ?

MARY Q - I remember Beth Street very well! She was my very first Secret Santa back in '08 or'09. It is, indeed, a small world. We ran into our dentist on a vaporetto in Venice, our neighbors at a rest stop in Ohio, and a trucker at a rest stop in NV who knew my trucking brother in Alaska and had just seen him 10 days prior. Your grands sound like good kids and fun people to be around.

SHERRY - that was sad news about Kobe Bryant, and maybe even sadder about his DD and her friends being with him.

LYN - what a wild trip you had! You and Minnie really needed that happy hour party when you finally got home!

CAROLE - thanks. The yo yo's can get addicting - like hexies. I made a big batch of them from Christmas fabric several years ago, sewed them together end to end and made garland for my Christmas tree. I really hope Luke's sugars get settled down. I hear of a lot of cats and dogs with diabetes now.

JANA - praying Aaron had a boring day at work!

JUDI - how are things going, splitting your time between two houses? Getting any sewing done? I have two more blocks of CC to do, then comes the sashing.

CHRISS - I'm excited to see what you come up with for your bird challenge! The butterfly festival sounds happy!

Yesterday was some sewing, some uglies, and then met friends for early HH at Mexican restaurant. Bill and I split a sampler platter from the bar menu. It was so good, but we couldn't eat it all. We all came here afterward to share a bottle of wine and "swap lies", as my brother always called conversation. They went home and we were in jammies by 7pm! My kind of evening! lol! Today we're invited to other friends for lunch and to play cribbage. Good way to spend a rainy afternoon. I hope to get my last two CC blocks finished. I see February lotto is up so I might check that out, too.

Stay safe and DRY!
mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:27 am

Good morning, I didnt take my laptop to DDs last night, but i knew I would be home this morning, I had coffee nd a little breakfast and now I am going to shower and get a few things done here. I am feeling so bad for my DD,,,She is on her 9th day of no days off as a new computer system goes on line. She is exhuasted and has a cold. I am helping as much as I can as son in law is put of town on business. I noticed that she has a ton of laundry to do and with hockey and work she has no time to do it. I am hoping the kids dont run out of clothes. I will head back there and try to catch some of it up. My son in law does the laundry...his concession to her working..BUT he is so busy he gets behind easily too. One job I do not mind is laundry,,,I hate changing sheets and I hate folding inside out clothes but Im good with laundry, well I need a shower and get back there have a wonderful day,,,hoping for some sewing this week...Im about half done with vintage Christmas/ XXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:06 am

Good morning!

Gray, cloudy and cold here so far here this morning. The sun may come out eventually.

Most of my uglies are caught up, so I will play down in the Batt Cave. Feels like I have just been spinning my wheels down there and not accomplishing much.

Not much else here,

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 am

Good Morning Girls

Another cloudy day in Paradise! But I'm not going to worry about.. I'm UP, got my coffee and my friends... so all is right with the world... for me anyway.

Flo.... No matter how old our kids get... we will always worry about them. Nice that your DS has a network of truck drivers that can keep on the watch for DDIL. Homemade spaghetti sounds like a wonderful WELCOME meal! And A good hot shower will feel so good!

Lois... YEAH... you found the fabric you were looking for! Are you making the Funky Chicken Blocks! Wire background fabric will be perfect for them. I have seen that wire fabric at Walmart too. But I have banned myself from fabric stores for a while. :lol:

Becca... Great news that Chris is doing so much better! My Dad was the genealogy guy in my family. Through his research I found I was related to my Boss when I worked at the drug store close to me. Her Mom and I are 3rd cousins. She passed away very young tho. I've handed down most of the info I had to my niece.

Diane.. . Hope you get lots of gals to come sew on Saturday! Sure sounds like a lot of fun! Do you have big room some where to set up lots of machines? Does it have a big coffee maker! :lol:
Any big plans for your birthday? Is DH taking you out for a nice dinner? :)

Chriss... You could always did what we did with my Dad's jokes... We just numbered them... then he didn't have to tell the whole joke over and over---we'd just say "Number 10." and we'd all laugh.

Valerie....Now that's one I haven't heard yet... making noises to get people to come outside! Scary. I do worry about my DD in AK and my DGD Kaya.. she's the perfect age for someone to kidnap her! Maybe I'll get her some pepper spray when I see her next time. Hope you can find away to get at your sisters passwords.

Maryz... Must be ESP, I was thinking about digging out some strips for Feb Lotto today too. I have a tote box full of just strips... I'm sure there is something flowery in there! You are sure going full steam on your CC blocks.. only 2 left!

Judi.... Laundry isn't my most favorite thing to do... but I'm sure DD will appreciate having a pile of clean clothes when she gets home.

Jana... How do you do that??? Get Uglies caught up! One minute I think I'm clear to go sew without guilt... then bam! there's a mess to clean up.

Speaking of which, I should probably refill my coffee cup and get to it! I got about 1/2 of my girl gnome quilt done yesterday and would love to finish today. Also finished up a batch of 15 pillow cases and got them washed and ironed. It's time to vac here again.. and last night I spilled a small bottle of diet-coke on the carpet, so had to haul out the carpet cleaner for that mess! UGH.. Should probably clean the whole carpet... but not today :lol: :lol: I'll put that in the Saturday Job Jar!

Off I go!

Have a super Tuesday every body

Return to “Sew ins”