Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

UPDATE Today 01/30 Now BETTE in hosp

Daily discussions.
Ittybittygma

UPDATE Today 01/30 Now BETTE in hosp

Post by Ittybittygma » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:26 pm

Hi everyone, Thank you so much for your prayers and kind thoughts and words. Means so much to all of us. Wish I could reply to each of you but no time around here. Today was the 3rd dr apptmt in a row this wk.

I sent text msgs last night to DD3 but no replies. I was getting worried and didn't want to call in case she was asleep or at the hosp. She did call me back this am.

She spent most of the day yesterday at the hosp. The drs are not sure what all is wrong with Stan. Legs and feet still terribly swollen. Said he has heart problems too.They knew that, has a pace maker and stents. A wound on leg is very red and not healing. and they found out he is on some med they thought was for Parkinson's. Nurse said it is for dementia. DD never knew he had been diagnosed with that. His Parkinsons gets worse every day too. No idea how he gets around. Bette does NOT tell them lots of things.

Case worker came in to talk to Bette and Stan while DD was there. DD stood behind her and as she was asked questions, DD would shake her head yes or no to Bette's answers. She finally motioned to case worker to talk to her outside. As the case worker left, she tapped DD on shoulder and ask if she could speak to her for a moment outside.

Case worker told DD that Bette is in worse shape than Stan and they both need to be in a nursing home. Bette weighs about 80 lbs, thin as a rail, and so fragile. Have no idea how she can take care of Stan at all. He is 6 ft tall and big build. Both have heart problems but doubt they are eating right either.

DD thinks they live on tv dinners. She buys them healthy food but it just spoils or they just pick at it and don't eat much. Bette does have an ice cream bar every day for lunch, sometimes that is all she eats for lunch. Sad isn't it. Not sure what she feeds Stan and she keeps forgetting to give him his pills. That doesn't help.

But case worker said they can NOT force someone to go to a nursing home against their will. They have some money but Bette is saving that to pass on to kids and Jay, the only grandchild. Now that is silly. They can sell their house too. DD got paperwork for Medicaid or whatever she needs and will see if they can do something without Bette involved at all. It is a mess.

Rod had more surgery on skin cancer yesterday, this time behind his right ear. Letting eye rest a few wks before doing one on side of nose near eye. He did go see a chiro that does diff treatments than most chiros do. Rod had been to him before and helped his back. Our family dr said that might be the best thing to do because family dr does not want to give him injections or have him go thru more surgery again. Seems to be out of place. DR did get Rod some extra super duper muscle relaxers, but sure can't drive with that stuff, makes him dizzy, so only takes it at night and helps him sleep.

Rod went to see that chiro today. Dr uses a diff method that sounds like a jack hammer all over your back but it works. Rod could actually straighten up and walk when he got home. Dr thought maybe 2-3 more treatments could get it back to normal. Need to fix back before we travel over a 1000 miles to PHX to move in 2 months. Ins doesn't cover it but only $57 a treatment and so worth it. Rod hadn't been there in two yrs but chiro remembered him and got him in today. Rod just called him yesterday. Nice guy.

And as for me, I am a frazzled mess. Don't know if I am coming or going these days. All the trips to drs etc just wears me out. Your encouraging words give me the strength and hope to go on when I just wanted to fall onto bed and take a very long nap. Your prayers mean so much to me. Don't know what I would do without my QIAD family.

Still sorting thru so much stuff. Most fabric etc is going. I can buy what I need for small projects in PHX.

MaryQ, I have not forgotten you. I am poking things into a box for you but I may never get done sorting. My DD from TExas came up this summer and took a lot of it. But I keep finding fabric in places that I did NOT know was even there. Haven't been to back of closet for a few yrs. LOL

I need to scoot. Rod is taking a nap so need to get something done before he needs me for something. Between him and the cat, I am wearing down into old age. I planned to age gracefully but I think I will do it kicking and screaming all the way. It is definitely not for sissies.

May God bless you all today and always. Prayers for all your needs today. Can't read often but pray for you all when I do get a chance. Love and hugs and many many thanks across the miles. Shirley Mae, and Rod and Domino too (the kitty cat)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ORIGINAL MESSAGE *******************

Hi Everyone, My DD3 down in PHX just called me. Her FIL is in hosp. Dr says he can no longer live at home. Very very bad shape. Has Parkinson's, shakes a lot and falls all the time. Had runs etc all weekend all over the house. He is 89 and in very poor health. Dr ask for copy of a DNR. Doesn't sound good, does it.

Dr also told her MIL, she can no longer care for him, she uses a walker herself and is so tiny, thin, and frail. Dr wants her in a nursing home too but she doesn't want to go. No idea what is going to happen with all this.
Desparately need prayers for this family, Stan and Bette. It is not fun to get old and sick these days.

We are moving to PHX in a few months along with our son. Wish we were down there now. Maybe by March or april. Son wants us to live with them for awhile so that will take a burden off us trying to find a place to live until after we get there. Hard to pick out a home over the computer.

Thank you for your prayers and concerns. I know God watches over all of us every day. But we feel so helpless when things start to go so wrong and can't do anything about it. Our DD is just frazzled right now trying to deal with them and get ready to help us too when we get down there.

Rod's back problems are getting worse and Dr said not much can be done for it. Rod has more skin cancer surgery in the morning. Still not healed much from one done last week. Eye turned black and blue and is still swollen and very painful from skin cancer removed just below that eye. Still needs another one removed other side of eye, behind ear, and on jaw line. then the stress of moving etc is taking its toll on him right now too. Guess we need a prayer too today.

God bless all of you today and always, May God provide for your needs today too. Hugs and love to all, Shirley Mae ps need to take kitty to no kill shelter too. Since outdoor/indoor cat can't find anyone to take her. Praying she finds a good home too.
Last edited by Ittybittygma on Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WeeOne

Re: Prayers Needed NOW please! Dr ask for DNR!

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:15 am

Sending prayers, Shirley Mae. Your family is going through a lot.
Lyn

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:07 pm

Shirley Mae will be putting your family on my prayer list with my morning Bible studies.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Touch them, O Lord, and fill them with your light and your hope, please give them strength when they are weak, love when they feel forsaken, courage when they are afraid, comfort when they feel all alone, hope when they feel rejected, and peace always... Amen.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:18 am

Offering up prayers now for your entire family, Shirley Mae. You are going through so much. God bless.

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:08 am

Prayers for all the family & for you & Rod
May your needs be supplied. Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:29 am

Prayers for the whole family. Strength for everyone in this trying time. It is very hard to see parents suffer you always thought they would be here, and young forever.
Cancer on your face is horrible. I hope the black and blues go away fast. Hope the rest of the operations goes smooth for him.
Diane

Ittybittygma

Re: UPDATE ON BETTE & STAN..And Rod too!

Post by Ittybittygma » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:25 pm

I POSTED AN UPDATE BUT POPS UP BELOW ON my beginning POST. Sorry about that. Don't know how to get it to top. So guess you need to scroll down or something.

Shirley Mae ittybittygma

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:43 pm

Sending my prayers and hugs. Valarie's prayer says it all... ditto to that. You are going through a lot and comfort and strength and trust and faith will be yours through our prayers.
Love,
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:04 am

Shirley Mae many prayers. I could not even fathom all you are dealing with. Moving hubby critters oh my. Just know you’re in my prayers always.
🐐izzy

Return to “Sew ins”