Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 27,2020

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Monday January 27,2020

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 am

Good morning Everyone Happy Monday,
Yesterday I went to the fabric warehouse and didn't come home with 1 thing I got skunked
So today I will go to Hobby Lobby I know I will find something I want to make a black and white bearpaw .
I also have 1 load of wash that needs to be done.
Well that's all the news here I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Re: Monday January 27,2020

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 am

Good morning everyone cloudy here

Lois Hope you can find something at Joanns

We got a scary call yesterday about one of our DGSs This is the same one that had severe allergic reactions & couldn’t breath
This time he broke out in hives all over & was in excruciating pain He spent the day in ER & finally they found a drug that worked its bad when you don’t know what caused it Before it was food but this was totally different He has 3 small children
Prayers would be appreciated His name is Chris Thanks for listening

It will be mumbo dance then on to something else I’m trying to get everything around here cleaned out & excess donated So good to be rid of it Things you never miss
Have a wonderful day everyone Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 am

Good morning,

LOIS - is the B/W bear paw the quilt you plan to make for the fundraiser? I think it will look awesome!

BECCA - you got it! Prayers for Chris! How scary that must be.

KATHY - those totes will be purrfect and much loved, I'm pretty certain! I haven't started looking too closely, yet, at the village pattern. But it's on my list and unless something else catches my eye, next up.

LYN -When traveling with pets water can be a problem. In the RV, we don't use distilled water, but when our home water is gone we buy spring or drinking water in one-gal jugs.

LORI - I've seen that Vintage Tin done up and it's amazing! It would have been purrfect for my brother and I must say, I lingered over the decision of whether to buy it or not. However I've done other large projects from that company and they've always turned out nice. You will have fun doing this.

JANA - has your jersey arrived yet??

VELDA - I'm not remembering a Disney quilt . . . But living in an RV, I can see why you need to use up scraps as they happen! A good use for them.

JUDI - congrats to Sophia. I bet she was excited! I finished my VC last fall and love it. I tossed it over a loveseat over the holidays.

We expected a very rainy day yesterday but it turned out 50* and dry with some blue patches in the sky! We went for a long walk on our paved walking trail, stopped for scones (which, of course, undid all the good we got from our walk!), and then walked back. We noticed some shrubs starting to bud! I got a few more CC blocks done and 11 yo-yo's sewn to another strip of fabric. The strips will be sewn together eventually.

Today is chiropractor and then happy hour with friends. I think I saw a few dust bunnies so I may give them some attention today. Or, I may not....

Make your day a good one!

mary z

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:38 am

Imagehttps://i.postimg.cc/mkvQbHYP/IMG-20200 ... 800663.jpg

Morning...tried posting pic of room..

Don't know if it worked. DDIL supposed to start drive yesterday, but haven't heard from her...think she put off drive til today...will know soon.

At endoscopy center with Joe...God is good!
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:58 am

Will try to post a photo here of what I hope my yo-yo quilt that I am working on will look like when I'm done. I sew the yo-yos onto 3 1/2 inch wide by WOF strips. Then I sew 19 strips together which forms the top of the quilt. Then I sew another 19 strips together for the bottom half and then sew the halves together.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:05 am

Good morning...home from taking the kids to school. I started a load of laundry and will start a grocery list. I need to shop and finish some chore...SIL is off to chicago for work for 3 days so I think I will spend the night at DD for the next 2 nights. If I dont I will have to get up at 445 to be there before DD goes to work at 6. if I am ther I dont have to get up till 6. I dont need to stay there during the day so I will get my stuff done and go back later. I will put on a pot of chicken noodle soup for supper tonight,
No sewing here just no time. all 6 wips are still here the quilting fairies are out somewhere,,,hope you all have a great day XXXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:04 am

Good morning!

Snowed most of the night. Big flakes. Those are fun to watch fall. I know, if that is my fun, I lead a boring life - LOL! Just wait, Aaron works today......... and there is snow out there. Utah drivers, snow and commute time!

A few uglies, waltz matilda, and climb Mt Washmore. Then I can play! Hopefuly I have enough black batting to sandwich a quilt.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

carole

Post by carole » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:38 am

MaryZ love the quilt . Wondered what you were going to do with them. I promised not to start anything new this year until all my wips are finished, but I saved the picture for future projects.

Our Luke is still not having his diabetes under control. Going to call the vet today to give him an update. Asking for prayers as Luke is one of Gods creations. 😞

Today I will be working on the quilt from He$$. I am now working on month 7 of this machine embroidered quilt. I have got to get this done. Lol

Prayers for safe travels for all our family travelers and those in need.

Hugs,

Carole

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:46 am

I thank y'all for your thoughts and prayers as Minnie and I traveled home yesterday. It should have been an easy flight, staying on the same plane from Denver to Corpus Christi, with a stop in Houston. Nope, first thing I got a text saying plane delayed an hour, then a few minutes later an announcement that we were changing gates, but would only be delayed a few minutes. On the plane, I always sit on the isle, 2 young men sat in my row. They were nice. When it came time for getting drinks, the one at the window dropped his earbud on the floor as he was trying to get his ID out. Then there was a big disruption and the other man and I had to get up because the attendant wanted the guy to find it quickly. She was afraid it would be stepped on. So when all was said and done that young man had wanted a mixed drink and she ended up offering our whole row a drink for free! I don't usually buy a glass of wine on the plane, but what the heck, don't turn down Free!! We had better snacks on this flight, because the plane was supposed to go to Cancun. Land in Houston and they announce that people going on to Corpus Christi have to get off and change planes. Now if you were already on the plane before new people get on, doesn't it seem logical that if they make you change planes, you should be put on the new plane first because that's where you'd be when new passengers get on?! Nope, Pre-Board people get on before people who should already be on the plane. After all that, we arrived ahead of schedule. I walked out of the building just as DH was making his first pass. Perfect timing 👌. Quickly got back to the RV Park because friends were having Happy Hour for my return. Good to be home.

Not sure what I will sew today, but plan on going to the Clubhouse for Craft time.
Lyn

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:02 am

Good Morning Girls

As usual, I am UP but still in jammies... waiting for the coffee to kick in so I can get my ambition on this morning! Sorry I missed y'all yesterday. Kevin came and picked up the kids and once it was quiet again, I headed downstairs to sew.

Lois... How could you have POSSIBLY gone to the fabric warehouse and come out with nothing??? I didn't know that was even humanly possible! After my last trip to the warehouse near me, I've banned myself! though if any of my QIAD travel to MN and want to see it.. I'd be happy to be the tour guide.

Becca... OMG... lots of prayers for Chris today! Could it have been shingles? I know they are very painful!! It sure IS a great feeling to get rid of stuff. There's a website: Buynothingproject.org. and local groups on facebook. where you can post stuff you want to give away. Once it warms up.. I'm headed out to my garage to clean, and I just know I'll find stuff I don't need...

Maryz… If you see anymore sunshine, please send it my way... I forget what it looks like! My goodness, that yo-yo quilt is cute! Though I have to say I'm not ready to jump on the yo-yo band wagon just yet. I still have baby hats to knit and embroidery to do to keep me busy at night. And of course the pile of UFO's!

Flo... Oh your new room is so cute! Love the quilts on the bed.! Will be watching of news that DDIL has arrived safe and sound. Will send a special prayer to St. Christopher today.

Judi... Sorry to hear that the quilting fairies have abandoned you. Smart to sleep over at DD's.. will give you a little extra sleep. The kids woke me up at 0700 yesterday morning... I needed a nap!

Jana.... I think there is a patron saint for Police officers, but I'm not sure who it is... I'll find out and send some special prayers for Aaron.

Carole... I take it this quilt is NOT your favorite? Do you use those large cones of embroidery thread? Too bad you don't live closer... the gal I know that I bought fabric from is selling her large spools of it for $7. spool. I may have to go back and get a few more colors I don't have :lol:

Lyn, Glad you are back home safe and sound! When things like that happen on an airplane... I just chalk it up to "Life is An Adventure"

Had a great time with the kids... We played games, then spent a little time cutting out shapes on my Silhouette Cameo... cut out lots of hearts and their names on cardstock. Little by little I'm learning how to use it. Kids were going to sleep on the floor in the living room, but ended up in my bed.. then I ended up on the couch! :) Such good kids... at 8:00pm the just know it's time for jammies.

Oh and here's a "small world" story for you. I check out "fabric destashing" group on FB all the time... not that I need more fabric, but I like to look. Some of you remember Beth Street? Anyway, one of the gals was selling a lot of flannel, which I keep my eyes open for so I can make baby blankets for a gal in town that works for a foster baby program... SO I grabbed some from this gal and when I checked out her profile, I saw that Beth was one of her friends on FB.. So I mentioned Beth to her, telling her about Beth being a part of our QIAD forum. She's known Beth for over 30 years and was very good friends. She mentioned she helped Beth's DH sell off her stash of fabric... SO how is that for it's really a small world after all.

OMG, It's almost 10:00 and I have done nothing to earn my keep this morning, so I better get to it. As soon as I get the morning shine up done, I'm headed down to sewing room to finish up some pillow cases I'm working on. My 505 Basting spray arrived from Amazon yesterday so as soon as the pillowcase are done I'm going to pin my Girl Gnome Quilt and get that done.

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

Return to “Sew ins”