Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday Jan 26,2020

Daily discussions.
FlorenceM

Sunday Jan 26,2020

Post by FlorenceM » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:33 am

Morning
Kathy I sure hope you are feeling better.
Spent yesterday doing small catch ups. Daughter in law hits road today sometime. Should be here late tomorrow or early Tues depending on her driving.
Time to get moving.
Flo

WeeOne

Re: Sunday Jan 26,2020

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:42 am

Rise and Shine 🌞
May you All have a Blessed Day!

Minnie and I leave for the airport soon. Dad is doing well. DB2 is starting today. I will be glad to get home, see DH and sew with Velda and other friends.
Lyn

Hi Flo, you type 4 minutes faster than I. :lol: Is DDIL coming from California or somewhere else?

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:04 am

Good morning Flo and Lynn,

Today is going to be a sew day there is nothing planned.
Yesterday I got a text from my niece asking me if I could make something to donate to her son's tricky tray for his wrestling team so I said yes she dosent have her mother my sister anymore so I will be making a throw.
So when the fabric warehouse opens they are having 50% off so I will take a look.

Flo prayers for a safe arrival of your ddil.
Lynn safe travels to you and minnie.
Everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:06 am

Good morning everyone sunny here but cold
Flo Prayers for safe travels for DDIL

Lyn Prayers for a safe trip for you & Minnie I think it’s wonderful the way you & DBs take care of your Dad He is blessed to have all ofYou.
Lois I never heard of a tricky tray Nice of you to do that

Kathy Hope you are feeling better & had a good night’s sleep

Maryq Hope you enjoyed your DGrands

Must get going to get ready for Church Have a Blessed Day to all Becca

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:22 am

Good morning,

LYN - glad your stint is over and you're headed back to TX. You and your siblings are angels to care for your parents the way you do. Do you return in March?

FLO - wishing your DIL safe travels.

CHRISS - Love the concept of your birds of a feather challenge. I picture a patchwork birdbath or feeder with several little birds perched or fluttering in the air. Oh, it's all coming together in my my mind! Now, what's in YOUR mind? That's probably more important . . . And yes, good memory. Our anniversary is Valentine's Day. Though we try not to refer to it as "VD". :P

LORI - did you go back to the quilt show? Buy any more toys?

SHARONA - glad you found your ring. I've lost my glasses before and found them on my nose.

MARY Q - hahaha - pantry closet! :lol: Did the kids come?

JUDI - happy birthday to little Ryker. Can't believe he is already 4 yrs old. But then I can't believe I'm 68 yrs old, so I guess maybe I'm just not a believer.

JANA - no IT problems here. Bill IS an IT guy. If City of Tacoma trusted him for 30 years, I figure I can, too. (especially since I know nothing about computers!)

VAL - your sister is probably getting even more rain than we are. Doesn't she live near Issaquah?

LOIS - those yo-yo's are addicting. And the tool you bought makes them so easy. I've got a tote full of them now (over 600) and working on putting them together for a quilt. Do you know yet what you are going to do with yours? Nice of you to make a quilt to donate to your niece's fundraiser.

KATHY - hope you are truly on the mend. Remember that village pattern you sent me a few years ago? Well, it's starting to bubble up in the part of my brain that handles these things. It's time may have come - after I finish my CC quilt.

BECCA - have a nice, chore-free day!

Yesterday was mostly sewing. But DH and I are starting to plan our big trip next year and decided we want to kick it off with a week in Yellowstone so we made rezzies for early Sept and my sister and DBIL are joining us at least for that week. Looking forward to that! Today - more sewing, and we'll probably sit in front of the fire and watch the Pro-ball game on TV at noon. Just a lazy, rainy, winter day here in the PNW.

Piece!
mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:27 am

Good morning, dreary here. still in the 30s. We have a hockey game today Sophia is in playoffs. they won yesterday. We did look at Motor homes with my sis, she is still up in the air about what she wants, we will go the the showroom in the futre and she will look at more models before she makes a decsion.when we came home I was able to get into the sewing room and sew. I have to say the Vintage Christmas quilt is coming along but I am SO tired of corner squares cut into triangles...I have done hundreds and I am so done. Cannot wait for this quilt to be done. I have already decided to give it away, LOL
After the hockey game we will go to Rykers 4th birthday party. another day with family is ok. hope you are all feeling better and have safe travels XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:31 am

Good Morning all.
We will all be glad to have Lyn back and sewing with us. Safe travels.
Flo, hope you will enjoy your houseguests. Things will be more hectic, but should be fun.
I need to read all the posts, then come and edit this.
Lois, Becca, Mary, and Judi, have a great day doing all your projects.
I hope to get my project out after church. I am trying to piece together fabric left over from Mickey Mouse / Disney quilt into pieces to use for a bag for DDIL. It's always fun for me to use up leftovers. We will see how far I get with it?

Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:45 am

Good morning!

Here sitting in the pew at Church. Always here early. Cloudy and gray outside. Yesterday we had blue sky, I thought it was gone forever! We took a ride out in the sunshine, after getting my white Highlander, white again! Good to get the undercarriage washed too. Get rid of all the salt from the roads.

Not much here today. Ethan will be over later this afternoon as Sarah has the big choir practices. Their performances will be the end of March, before Easter. Much of her chour and orchestra are returning from previous years, so rehearsals go smoothly. She does have a new concert conductor this year, but not a rookie, he was the understudy/back up last year.

Do something fun! Hopefully, you have blue sky!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 am

Lyn, safe travels with Minnie. I bet you'll be glad to get back home.

Lois, Yay for sew day.

Maryz, yes, and yes. I want to try the Appliquick applique method. Still trying to find what method of applique I like best.

Judi, I got that book for Christmas and planned to make it this year. I'll have to take a look at the pattern before I start. Sometimes there is a easier way to do thing and I switch it up.

Vel, I've been trying to use up leftovers in the back. I have enough scraps already.

Jana, isn't it nice to have sunshine after the cloudy days? We were sunny the last 2 days, but this morning it's cloudy and dark. It doesn't rain here, it just gets cloudy. At the quilt show they had these cute banner quilts with big lettering for the states. I asked for Utah to make one for my son. She said that's the only state they didn't have. Really? So I found another pattern to make for him instead.

Today we will walk the boys at the park. DH just got home from breakfast with his son. Then I will clean a bit, vacuum up the kitty and puppy fur all over. It's a daily thing here with 4 furry ones. Then sewing.
I need to organize a bit first. Well gotta go, the boys have been ready for a 1/2 hour now. Oh I found a great embroidery/quilt pattern to make for my son. It's called "Vintage Tin." I saw it made up a few years ago and it's a perfect quilt for a guy. Can't wait to get started. Here's a picture I found on the internet of the quilt.

Have a great day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:51 am

MaryZ, yes I come back to Colorado March 7th. Flights already booked.

I have traveled with Minnie several round trips by now. My Vet told me to keep her on the same water all the time, we drink distilled water. So, if your dog gets sick, a Vet can immediately rule out water as a problem. I only have a couple ounces in her container and they have always tested it without a problem. Well today at DIA they wanted to make it a big problem, I really had to do some talking to get them to test it and let me take it through. I know they are trying to keep us safe but sometimes it's just a pain!

Return to “Sew ins”