Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thursday Jan 23

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Re: thursday Jan 23

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 am

Good morning Late here again, I was up to get the kids off and got stopped by a train, grrr But I am home had coffee finished the laundry that didnt get done yesterday, I just have to make my bed. I spent yetserday looking for vacation spots and several phone calls with my camper buddy we are headed to Franklin KY for 2 weeks in may, we will drive into Nashville and see some of the sites there, I love Country music but do not keep up with the newest, we will be near Mammouth Caves but I am not sure i will do that, I am a little clautrophobic with caves. went once and nearly panicked. the rest of the gang may go down. I of course will check the loal quilt shops with my sister, Calling for reservations today, Sunday we are going with my widowed sister for her to buy a new motor home. She travels with us and drives her own rig. She will get somwthing new and a bit smaller than the one her late DH bought,
well I need to get to the sewing table and make a few blocks before it is time to make supper. Have a great day XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOo

womster

Post by womster » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:55 am

Good morning!

Izzy - that machine is beautiful! I have one but have no idea how to put belts on, etc. Your DH is a keeper.

Lois - hope your uglies fly by quickly so you can sew.

Diane - I LOL'd at TOD - very clever! I hope y'all hit your goal.

Becca - have a lovely jaunt!

Flo - I did that very thing yesterday, but it was my wedding ring I was looking all over for. You were smart to pack it away for another day.

Maryz - your new quilt sounds pretty. The shooting last night sounded horrible - hope they caught the guy. Our dog sits on Jim's lap all the time - mostly to be protected from the cat.

Carole - good luck with the quilt! And I hope Luke can get this blood sugars regulated soon.

Tina - prayers for your dad.

Judi - hope you find the perfect vacation spot.

Well DH is waiting for breakfast so I must dash. xoxo! Sharona

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:12 am

Good morning!

Izzy - I have the identical twin to your new machine, sitting in my great room! Love them!

Yesterday was quiet. Today should be too, it is Aaron's day off.

I got the music finished for Church services until after Easter. Not a hard task, just a tad time consuming. Glad for spread sheets, I use one to keep track of what we gave sung.

Tonight is our class, and I will be in the Batt Cave otherwise.

Oh yes, the doughnut was yummy!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Thursday! No sunshine here today... but warmed up to 31 already... 80% chance of snow... okay by me.. no place I need to go!

Izzy.. OMG your machine is beautiful! I bet once she's oiled up, she will purr like a kitten! I have my Grandmothers, and I wish it was in useable shape. No belt and the foot pedal is broken. I learned to sew on it when I was young. How I'd love it if it could be restored to its original state. You have a couple old machines don't you?

Lois.... For about a minute I contemplated going out for groceries... until I heard the "80% chance of snow" instead I'll be doing a couple uglies too.. but only a few... I'd rather be sewing.. wouldn't you? I'm getting inspired by your progress on your Penguins to at least get mine traced.. It's a good TV project!

Diane... Thank you for all you and TOD do for our vets! Sure hope you can reach your goal of 1000 quilts! AMAZING!

Becca... You have to go back for more errands today? Poor Dear! Hope you get a "stay-at-home-all-day" day soon! For sure I could have gone crazy at that gals house.. most of what she had was not the high quality fabric, but perfect for pillowcases so that's my plan to do with it all.

Flo... Gosh, it's too bad I don't live closer.. I have a day bed with a trundle I'd love to get rid of... You could have it for FREE.

Maryz… OMG what awful news about the shooting.. Sure hope they catch the guy/guys/person that did it SOON. Oh yes I could have gone crazy at the gals house... if she would have let me at the fabric that she is keeping! As I said, most of what I got was Cranston fabric, so won't use it in a quilt, but it's great for pillow cases to donate. One wall in her sewing room is custom built cabinets with shelves and drawers, all organized with her supplies. Eye appointment went fine. No need for new glasses, so that's a relief... you know how expensive glasses are!

Valerie... SO hope your meetings go well today! I'm a firm believer in "going with your gut"... and I'm sure it was a tough decision to step back from scouts.. but if your gut tells you it's time... then it's time.

Carole... I'm trying to picture a queen size embroidered quilt! You must share a photo when it's done. I'm assuming you have a large supply of embroider thread! I picked up a few spools from the gal I got fabric from... She told me to use serger thread on the bottom and YEAH it worked so well... I'm loving it for applique!

Tina... Do you remember the move "Night of the Living Dead" Back when DEX and I were dating... we went to that movie.. the old black and white version.. NEVER AGAIN! That cured me from scary movies... can't do it! So hope your Dad gets to come home soon! What a relief that will be!

Judi... How fun to plan a trip to Nashville.. I like a little country music now and then too! At least by May you won't have to worry about snow storms!

Sharon... You did find your wedding ring right? My Mom always told me NEVER NEVER NEVER take your ring off. I have mine some where around here, though I haven't worn it in 20 years :lol:
My Sister has my Mom's ring and I have the diamonds (in a ring) that were in a ring that my Dad had.

Jana.... Yeah a day in the Batt Cave!

Since I didn't get out of bed when I should have... I think I'll be doing double time today. Mr. Maytag is waiting for me to rock and roll the laundry. All my new fabric is washed and most of it cut into Pillowcase pieces. As soon as I finish the UFO I'm working on... Another Gnome quilt, I'll whip up some pillowcases and some baby blankets for a gal in town.

so if you need me today... I'll be in the sewing room ..

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Everyone, Since I had to respell "everyone" three times, this will be short. Feel lousy today, so tired don't know which end is up. I was sorting stuff in a dresser drawer last night and came across some papers I wish I hadn't read. At one time, I wanted to write a book about our life. It was chapter one and I ended up in tears. Of course, crying is good for not only the eyes, but the very soul. So many memories so many yrs ago. It was about our first baby who only lived 12 hrs. I was just sobbing. Hadn't thought about that for a very long time. Need to quit reading and just sort, I guess.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts and words. WE need all the help we can get. Our son is putting their house on mkt Feb 19th. They live in a very nice area and houses in there usually sell within a wk so have to be ready to head out prob by march. But need to give 60 day notice in here. I will try to get a medical release from Rod's dr on mon to give to apt office. But if it doesn't sell right away, not sure what we will do. They are really fixing it up so don't think they will have a problem selling it.

Took the bandages off Rod's surgical site and cleaned him up this am. Looks like 7 stitches going down from just below his eye off toward jaw. His eye is turning black and blue from all the surgery. He feels a little better today and certainly sees better. So swollen first day, afraid he would wake up blind and scared but it wasn't so swollen the next day. Kept ice packs on it as much as we could. Looks like he has been in a fight. He plans on telling everyone I hit him with a frying pan. LOL God is watching over us and we will be ok but the path between now and OK looks really twisty and turny. Are those even words?

Gotta scoot, if I can stay out of the bathroom today. That part doesn't help at all. Think it may be from some sugar free cookies I ate or something. Rod is doing mostly plant based and that is not all agreeing with me either. Will be so glad to be where warmer and settled down again. I will never be able to quilt again, can't follow a pattern since my heart surgery. Too frustrating to even try. But I want to do some little sewing projects.

Getting rid of most of my quilting stuff, no room to take it along. Leaving most of the furniture behind too and unfortunately, also the cat. Most apts won't take cats, or if do, so expensive to keep them with deposits, fees and even monthly rent. Can barely afford the apptmt if we ever find one. Glad we can stay with son and ck out some instead of renting sight unseen. He is getting a townhouse and room for all of us. Our stuff will fit in the garage until we find a place. Our DDIL and I get along great, she is a blessing indeed. I can actually talk to her about things I can not discuss with my 3 dds. I am very close to dd in AZ tho so will be nice back near her, she loves to shop and go do things too.

Sorry I am venting but Izzy said it was ok. Izzy glad you are getting back to sewing again. Becca glad twins are doing so well. Flo and Carole and so many others, special prayers for your DHs and family.
Prayers for everyone and all of your needs today. Gotta scoot,
God bless you all today and always, Shirley Mae

Return to “Sew ins”