Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

thursday Jan 23

Daily discussions.
billizzy

thursday Jan 23

Post by billizzy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:27 am

Good morning all life is flying by so busy here. Lil man keeps me hopping and work of course. I have been in my sewing room working on a mystery quilt and a UFO snowman BOM that was on my design wall forever since my accident. I will finally start to sew down the applique. I feel like can do it now.

Well I have read your posts. I have put many of you on my prayer list. Shirley sounds like you will be busy packing and yes caregiver roll is very hard and makes you so tired. But the love your giving means so much to so many :) hang in there and vent here any time. It helps

DH got me a wonderful gift this weekend. a 1910 treadle. She is in mint condition. I have to put a belt on her today and will peddle some to check her out. I need to oil her up too. I put her in our bedroom between our sitting chairs. Oh how gorgeous she is :)Image

Nothing else new here. Hugs and prayers all.
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Re: thursday Jan 23

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 am

Good morning Izzy,
Thanks for starting the thread so glad your arm is comming along and that your able to do your applique your machine is beautiful and your DH is such a sweetheart to get that for you.
Today is ugly day and food shopping so I guess food shopping is 1st I'm out of some of my cleaners.
And then this afternoon I might get a chance to sew.
Well everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:42 am

Izzy- what a beautiful gift. Hpe you can create great items. You'll be humming along when she oiled. Happy to hear you are coming along with your healing. Keep up the good work.

Today it is still a cold start to the day. Sat. will go to TOD's (the other Diane) and make more kits. The push to get our numbers for quilts down is on. We had over 800 presented in 2019 and hope to hit 1000 (if possible) in 2020. Fingers crossed.

Coffee is ready. I'll check back later--so enjoy the day.
Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:48 am

Good morning everyone still half dark
Izzy What a beautiful machine Very sweet of your DH Glad your arm is doing better

Maryq What a jackpot you hit with the fabric plus make a new quilter

Lois I’ll join you on the grocery jaunt & I have to get my allergy shots too and I also have uglies too

Prayers for all in need Got lots done yesterday but still have to go back today
Have a great day everyone Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:11 am

Morning
Bedroom almost done... Joe has a few big things to move then vacuum and clean window . Worked til I was sore.
Last night Joe had a meeting at church & I thought oh I will hand quilt. After looking for my thimble for 5 minutes when it was on my finger, I packed it away and just watched TV.
Izzy love your new machine
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:21 am

Good morning,

Last evening, about 5pm, we had a mass shooting in downtown Seattle on a very busy intersection full of pedestrians. Eight people were shot, one a child. 6 were critical, 1 was treated and released, and 1 died. The shooter or shooters is/are still at large. Please pray for everyone involved - and their families. The ripple effect of these events is often overlooked, but is nevertheless, devastating.

IZZY - that a fabulous gift! And it looks beautiful where you placed it! Such good news to hear you are up to more sewing!

Diane - that would be something to see all at once, wouldn't it - 1,000 quilts! Quite a goal you've set yourselves. But you can do this.

LOIS - Hope your shopping and uglies goes quickly so you can get to the "dessert of your day" - sewing!

FLO - nice to have that room all clean! Now, what about furniture?

CHRISS - your life excitement is going to be kicked up a notch when those little boys move in! It won't be long now! Your Moose cracks me up. He's such a lap dog! We've never been able to get Scottie to sit on our laps. But he will lay on the couch occasionally - more the white one upstairs than the dark one downstairs. Shows off his black coat better, I guess. As for fabric, when my favorite shop had sales where it sold from $3 - $7/yard I stocked up, big time. I don't regret it but boy, is my room crammed with fabric! And I'm glad because now that shop is closed. As is our local shop. And the shop in Port Orchard, too. And the one in north Tacoma. And the one in Auburn. And Puyallup & Kent. There is only one LQS left in Tacoma now - Shibori Dragon. And Joann's. Sad. :cry:

SHIRLEY MAE - I'm glad to hear Rod's surgical site is improving. Good thing you have those nursing skills honed. With Rod in the house, you really put them to good use! So the packing has started. It's a big job. Domino will love all those boxes in the house.

CAROLE - haha! You got me! I was like, "Huh?" She's covering her handles? What handles? Cabinet? Tote? Car? Love? And why?? And hug Luke for me, please. (OK, Ken, too.) He's really 9 yrs old? Seems you just got him. I was trying to think of your last dog's name the other day. I'm sorry. All that kept coming up in my mind was Snickers, our last dog.

VALERIE - sorry that your Scouting career is coming to an end. You've done such a good job and given so much to the boys. But time goes on, things change. I gave 12 years to our local toy drive but finally one year, it was just time to let someone else take over. And just think - more sewing time, more family time, more napping time!

KATHY - so, has Kim made any decision yet? Didn't she have a deadline she had to meet? Is your sister all settled into her new job now?

LORI - awww, I missed the cake! I didn't get the message about what time until it was too late. Maybe for next time, I should give you my number so you can put it on speed dial. You are at R2C today. Have some mega fun!

MARY Q - I'm afraid if I were at your new fabric friend's house I'd clean her out! I have such a hard time resisting pretty fabric! lol! How did your eye appt go?

JUDI - I'm with you - love kids movies. We need more kids in our family. Our 'kids' are 22 and 26 and can't get off work to take me to see them! lol!

SHARONA - sorry about the loss of an uncle. We seem to be at that age. We are the oldest generation in our family now. My oldest brother is almost 85. Hope you find your sew-jo so you can get those baby quilts finished.

I got a good start on my Country Charmer yesterday. Half the blocks will be green with red, and half will be red with green. I got a block of each made (8-1/2") to get the feel for the quilt. I think I have the pattern down now, so went ahead and cut all the white background pieces. Today I need to clean bathrooms, polish kitchen counters and mop the floor. Then I can get back to sewing. This pattern is time consuming and you have to pay attention, but it's fun to do. I was going to enlarge it to a king for our bed, but it's a lot of white. And my 'boys' have a lot of black hair. So maybe not the best quilt for the bed. So I think I'll keep it to size.

Have fun today whatever you do!

mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:40 am

Good morning!
IZZY oh my, what a beautiful gift. She will be good for a bit of old fashion fun and exercise! 2 for 1!
LOIS hope you get to the sewing room, grocery shopping is not on my list of fun things to do
DIANE it warms my heart to see someone give so much to our Veterans. Maybe with no scouting I can look into something like this.
BECCA how are those twins doing?
FLO sat down last night to watch a bit of TV, fell right to sleep! Have no idea what happened on the show I was watching.
MARY is the shop in Des Moines still open? That is one of my favorites. I heard the one in Issaquah was closing also. That one was kinda nice too. I am trying not to fret too much over the scout thing. I am very sad as I so wanted to keep it going. A prominent member in scouting who was also the longest member of our church was so happy we brought the troop to the church. He passed away a bit over a year ago but I am sure he is looking over my shoulder and telling me it is okay. I guess I think of him and that makes me sad.
2 big meetings at work today. Not quite ready for the second but I have done what I could. Trying to get everything ready for Corporate for last years reports. Have till the 5th. The new Director seems a bit lost in the process so I have asked the regional clinical director to come help. She said she would.

Well, lots to do before getting ready for work. Need to make my lunch. Trying to stay on track with my eating and while we do have a decent priced cafe at work, they don't really have anything healthy. So off I go,
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

carole

Post by carole » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:44 am

Good morning ladies,

Today is bocci day this afternoon. Hope it warms up by noon. It is 46 right now and dark out.

MAryZ Our last dobi was a female named Casey. Gosh, I think you met her too. We lost her so quickly. Took a long time to recover from losing her. Luke helped with the healing .

Yesterday after the bathroom cleaning was done, I spent the day working on my machine embroidery queen quilt. It is by Sara Videler. I will NEVER do another one of these patterns. It was a block of the month and as far as I am concerned there were too many mistakes that she had to fix as far as I am concerned. But it is one of my last years UFO that I will get done this year. This year is all about UFO's.

LUke is still drinking a lot of water, so I guess 30 units is still not enough. Have to call the vet tomorrow and let him know. Got his shot this morning and is fast asleep next to me on the couch.

TIna, hope your dad was able to come home yesterday.

Well off to get a little more done on the quilt from he$$ before bocci.

Carole

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:31 am

Maryz,
There is a bug solid oak armoire style dresser in there & 1 tall twin bed. Second tall twin just delivered. My son will only be home 4 days per month. DDIL can leave beds separate or put them together & make a Cal King...either way I have bedding...plus a hide a bed too...some folding tray tables for nightstand & have lamp & ceiling light which come summer will be replaced with ceiling fan!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:38 am

Good morning!
Izzy, she's beautiful!!!
Maryz, I don't do any kind of scary movies! I was in my 40's when I watched a scary one on tv, it had been our four years and years but I just don't do scary, well they put it on tv and I thought "oh it can't be that bad if it's on tv" I still have nightmares about it!
Carole, I hope they get Luke's insulin figured out soon, he's a big boy. ❤
Dad has glaucoma too so they're treating him for that. I was there yesterday for half the day, I took Preston with me, he loved all the snacks I took him LOL he also watched cartoons with Grampy ❤
I'm only going today if they release him so I can bring him home, just waiting to hear.
You all have a great day!
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”