Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 19 2020

Daily discussions.
TeresaK

Monday January 19 2020

Post by TeresaK » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:44 pm

Has been a busy time here since WW last Thursday. Lost 3.2lbs. Then went to celebrate Rhoda’s birthday at her house. Easiest for everyone. She introduced me to Revolution Black Tea. I LOVE ❤️ it and now no longer a Lipton tea drinker. What is the world coming to UGH! 😂😂😂
Microwave is coming on Tuesday. It has been very different cooking the old fashioned way. I Love it. Food is Hotter!!!
Although I did want a cup of tea tonight 😟😟😟

Chriss. Feb is just around the corner but with the days passing so quickly I just don’t want to rush it. I have all my charms and strips ready to sew. My sewing room is colder than a freezer so NO sewing in there. Rob didn’t plug up the air vents or the small vent in the window. Let’s just say I moderately motivated him to do it by giving him everything he needed to do it. Then stared at him like Abbie does 😂😂😂. Hoping all will be warmer soon. I use the space heater from Costco to warm up the quilting room. Almost finished with Valerie’s quilt. Need to do some unstitching before I begin again the last row.

I must be tired as I am starting to see double. Have a MARVELOUS MONDAY!!! Happy Stitching 🧵

fabricgirl

Re: Monday January 19 2020

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:54 am

Good morning Teresa and all who follow,
Today we are going to my Dd Sandi's house lm going for an over due much needed haircut.
I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:30 am

Good morning,
Isn't today the 20th?

TERESA - congrats on your weight loss! The handle to our microwave broke a few years ago. We tried to buy a new one and found it was more expensive than buying a whole new oven! So that's what we did. What a waste, though - otherwise, the micro was good. I've never seen that tea before. But then, I'm not much of a tea drinker.

LOIS - enjoy your visit and your haircut!

TINA - my postcard went out to your cousin last week and I've asked 10 friends and family in other states to mail one, too. Everyone said yes, so I hope they get them mailed in time. Can't wait to see how many cards Abby receives!

JUDI - congrats to Sophia! I could see her grin in your post!

KATHY - I hope Kim accepts her dad's offer.

JANA - Congrats! You'll be rockin' that jersey! It killed me to do it, but I was rooting for your Niners.

VAL - glad you are still working! How many more people can they lay off?? Happy to hear you are sewing for a little girl. I'm having a great-great-niece in May - hence my bright bunny baby quilt. Sorry you weren't invited to reveal party, though, even if you couldn't go. I am rarely invited to the weddings and showers of my nieces and nephews. In fact, I just heard last week that one of my Great-Nieces got married. It was her second wedding, but then I wasn't invited to her first one either. :|

MARY Q - whew! No more jobs for 5 days! You can just sew!

Sign-ups for the Swing Into Spring Swap are closed. Now the participants have 63 days to make 11 blocks and get them to me by March 23. Ready - Set - Sew! And that's what I'll be doing today. In between my chiro appt at 10:30 and Bill's dr appt at 3:15 in Port Orchard, 20 miles north. I also hope to get in a couple miles on the walking trail today. Yesterday was a long brunch with Bill's family, a stop at Joann's to replenish colored threads, fusible, flannel, and machine needles, then home to watch two football games. (congrats to the Chiefs and the 'Niners going to the Super Bowl.)

Have a sew-per day!

mary z

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:45 am

Good morning it is freezing here in the teens. I have Sophia today. Liam's team won yesterday so they are in the playoffs today, Luckily Jeff is off and able to tke him. Nolan hs the flu and is home. He is fine. But low grade temp, so he is home "chillaxing", I must do laundry today and maybe take Sophia to the store. Since she is a self proclaimed vegetarian we dont have much here for her lunch. Yogurt and fruit are usually her lunch.
Sewing has been non existant here since thursday, So maybe tonight I can get a few more blocks made.

Congrats on the weightloss to all who are keeping their new years resolutions..According to a survey 99% of resolutions invilve weightloss and excersize. Mine is coming along well .

Well I need coffee and Mr Maytag my date for today will not start without me. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:16 am

Morning
Teresa, about 1 yr after moving here my microwave & igniter in oven went at same time as dishwasher. Got toaster oven from Walmart, and Amazon delivered new microwave & dishwasher. Joe ordered new igniter & repaired oven himself...as matter of fact, he ordered 2 igniters.... preparing for future!
Busy day our if house yesterday, but making headway on bedroom.
My DDIL gets new tires this Friday, then she'll hit road Saturday. Depending on her driving, will take 2 or 3 days, weather permitting, to get here...so either Sunday or next Monday.

Flo

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:40 am

Good morning friendaroonies, it's going to be a great day today.

Lori, so glad Jack is doing better, hope it was a one time thing. The dealer wanted that much to change light bulbs, they always charge too much for extras. I have a life time oil change or wouldn't even go there.

Maryz, I love your bunny quilt. Do you know I have never used the broiler in my oven?

Diane, yay for you, a new baby coming along. I bet that sonogram picture showed the most precious peanut ever.

Valerie, sorry you didn't get an invite to the reveal. Looks like it's a girl. Yes, LQS prices are outrageous. I also want to use up what I have before buying more. I find that clearance kits on CT are a good deal. I've been looking on Amazon lately, they have lots of fabric. Some are from makers I have never heard of. I wish I could get a FQ from each to see how their fabric is.

Maryq, I am not sure I could live in the snow. A little snow is one thing but the amount of snow that requires shoveling is just a bit too much. so? hwo many jar ufo's have you finished and how many do you have left to do?

Kathy, I'm hoping Kimberly takes her dad up on his offer. It's hard to make the first step but it has to be taken.

Judi, a huge high five to Sophia. my gosh she must have been walking on air. She worked hard for that game puck. I love that she stuck with it even though there was a hill to climb. yay for her.

Lois, got my hairs cut on Friday, so much easier. then I bought some suave shampoo, yuck, it smells like coconut. can't use it, I rewashed my hair to get rid of the smell.

Teresa, yay for that weight loss. hope your room warms up. I have wood floors in my sewing room and needed to add socks to my slippers to keep my feet warm.

Maryz, 11 it is. I will work on my last block next weekend. I wonder why micorwaves are so expensive? We have a microwave and a convection/microwave.

ok, gotta go. you all have a great day. I have work then the gym. yay for me.

Crhiss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:45 am

Good morning!

It is very happy here at this house. Party will here again in 2 weeks and so will be my new jersey!

I need to do a small bit of laundry and finish straightening up after all the festivities here yesterday with the whole family. Matt and family came over too. Then I will head down to the Batt Cave.

My little Lila seems to earn nicknames. Stu calls her Cup and now she has another - Trash Panda. It comes from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. You, see, Lila has found the trash can. Loves to empty it on to the floor. She gets into Sarah's as well as the one at her house. My cans are hidden in a cabinet in my island, so far, not found. Trash Panda's co hort in the movie is a tall lanky character called Groot, so Lila's co-hort is Gracie. Gracie is tall and a skinny little mutt. Oh what a pair those two make!

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:48 am

Good morning Ladies
Brrr cold here 9 degrees . I feel like Frosty.
Theresa It sounds like everyone has appliance problems. I got dryer fixed refrigerator fixed and replaced my iron. Thats 3 things so hopefully thats it. I like my micro but really love my air fryer.
I go this Wed. to get embroidery program into computer. First thing I am going to embroider is a valentine shirt. Tired of paying all that money for decorated shirts.
Today I am going to sew. need to finish this months 5 blocks. Plus do more lotto blocks. I really never liked flying geese blocks. I bought a new ruler and they come out perfect. Two hundred of these are a lot LOl :lol:
Well I need more coffee before hitting sewing room
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:34 am

Good Sunny Cold Morning................

We might hit 20' today....yesterday was 40'!
Today there's a few uglies & a few bills to be paid. Oh yes, laundry!

Today Kimberly is going to call the treatment center to ask about how everything works, a good sign. Thank you for your prayers.

Teresa......I've heard of that tea, glad you enjoy it. Congrats on you loss....go girl!

Lois.......Enjoy your hair cut......less to wash. I really liked you son's book when will there be an other?

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

Maryz......good to hear your swap is closed. Have fun.

womster

Post by womster » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:35 am

Good morning -

Breezing through before we head out for errands.

Chriss - I'm the same way about smells, especially in my hair. You can't escape from smells in your hair! I would have done the same thing.

Happy Monday! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”