Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday January 19 2020

Daily discussions.
Becca

Re: Monday January 19 2020

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:39 am

Good morning everyone Late here but it’s been a whirlwind kind of day so far
Judi Congrats for Sophie So proud f her sticking it out I don’t like to see kids tease or make fun of others

Teresa & Lois congrats on Weigh loss Teresa Hope your room warms up

Kathy Glad Kim is at least checking into info on place Prayers for her Hope she takes action

Chris Our fabric prices here at LQSs are so high I buy occasionally if it’s something I can’t find somewhere else

I stripped beds & have laundry going Got all the goodies DS brought took care of
DS is here for the night & will leave tomorrow He’s the Popa of the Twins They both weigh Almost 11 lbs each Really growing Doing good

Have a great day everyone Becca

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:04 am

Good Morning Girls

BRRRRR Cold here in MN... only 2 above! It's warmer in AK this morning. I always check the weather where my kids are. 12 above in AK and 28 above in Calgary. There you have it, the world wide weather report.

Teresa.... You GO GIRL! 3 # Congratulations. I too am a Lipton gal... My Tea has to be COLD and my coffee HOT

Lois.... Time for a new do? Nice that you have your own personal hair dresser! My sis and I both went to beauty school... so we always took care of Mom and Dad's haircuts. Used to do my kids too!

Maryz.... Yes I am doing the happy dance... no more "job jar" until Saturday. I have a sneaky feeling the next one is going to be a doozy--like cupboards or drawers etc! I just hope I'm in THE MOOD come Saturday!

Judi.... So glad I didn't have a vegetarian in the family! Cooking was hard enough with everybody coming and going. In my house, they would have starved, as I only had 2 veggies.. beans or corn! :lol: :lol:

Flo... will send a prayer to St. Christopher for safe travels for your DDIL.

Chriss..... The thing about snow.. you really have to plan for it. I do give MN a lot of credit.. they do a great job plowing and clearing the highway. I'm just really happy I don't have to worry about it anymore.. There's a grocery store 2 miles from my house if I DO run out of coffee and TP! I've only finished 4 UFO's so far... am in the middle of one I hope to finish today, but there's still about 8-10 left... I've lost count! :lol:

Jana... Oh what fun... a trash emptier! When my Kevin was little.. he liked to take the water OUT of toilet! and flush my tooth brush down the toilet! He was my little mischief maker! Even started the kitchen on fire once... after chopping up bread with a Chicago cutlery knife! Definitely had to keep my eyes on that one!

Katy.... Yup, it sure does seem to happen in 3's... One year it was dishwasher, fridge, and oven. Sears loved us! And not to long after that it was washing machine! It's been so long since then, I'm about due for everything to die again! Did you try Eleanor's FG ruler? It's the only way I can make FG and have them come out right.

Kathy... So proud of Kim... I wish her well! Tell her she has all our support as well.

Sharon.... It's Monday...must be Costco day! :lol:

Tina.... lots of prayers for Dad today. I talked to Jen and she is going to pick up an AK post card and when she gets home from work tonight I'll send her the address so she can get in the mail tomorrow. Mine will go out tomorrow as well.

Becca... Fabric has gotten so expensive. I love quilt shop fabric,, you can tell it's good quality... but it can break the bank to make a whole quilt from it. I remember when I first went to a LQS shop, I almost fell over that fabric was $12.99/yd. In Canada the good stuff is $22.yd... even with the exchange rate it's still $18 or so. Doesn't necessarily stop me from buying a little bit when I'm there. :lol:

Time for more coffee and get the morning shine up done. Meant to run dishwasher last night and forgot, so will get that going while I head down to sew!

If you need me.. I'll be in the sewing room

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:09 am

Teresa, I've never tried that black tea, but I do try different tea. Currently I'm enjoying a Pomegranate white tea from Trader Joes. Over the holiday I was drinking a black tea from The Coffee bean and Tea Leaf. How's is your foot? Will you be heading to Road2CA this week?

Chriss, Jack has been fine. Fingers crossed it was a one time thing. I'm the same about what's on my hair as well. If I don't like the smell, I have to rewash it.

Becca, I need to pull the sheets off the bed as well.

Maryq, fabric is quite expensive. I'm glad a have a big stash to pull from. I bought some of it when it was only $6.99 a yard. And I thought that was expensive.

Well I need to get some chores done, then figure out my Granny's garden blocks. I messed one up yesterday, because I didn't organize before I started. That's okay, I have more fabric.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”