Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday January 14

Daily discussions.
Becca

Tuesday January 14

Post by Becca » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:43 am

Good morning everyone still dark here
Just a wake up call
Have mambo dance to do Then going to make a pot f homemade soup Will use ham bone from Christmas that’s in the freezer
I never heard how Brodee did He had to have an MRI too To be so young he’s had a lot done

May everyone’s day be wonderful & filled with thread Prayers for Holly Tinas DD & all in need Becca

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday January 14

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 am

Good .morning Becca
Thank you for starting the thread today I'm going to Joanns I never got there yet so today is day.

Nothing else new to report Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:00 am

Good morning!

It is still dark here too. Windy as well. When I went to bed, the local news showed that we were warmer than Maryz area. WOW!

My sickies are much better today. We delivered food and Lysol.

In the mail we received some checks for overpayments of prescriptions and a class action lawsuit, we knew nothing about. Totally unexpected, so we divided it up as extra fun - whoo hoo, fabric money!

My mantle decor is coming along, part is being delivered today from Amazon and I still need the greenery and cotton ball floral stems. I also found a cabinet to hold quilts on display. We may go over to the furniture store to see it.

Prayers for Tina's DD,

Hugs,
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning ladies above and everyone who follows.

I have to have the Jeep to the dealer in Ft Collins this morning for an 8:30 appt. A sensor in the left front needs replacing. It causes several warning lights to be on. Safe to drive, but annoying to look at dash lit up especially at night. If it takes a while, I will have them take Minnie and I over to my parents house. I need to pack up old clothes for donation.

By chance I had messaged Tina when she had her DD, Holly, at the hospital. Last conversation was Holly had a severe migraine that was causing her problems, but was being released to go home. Prayers sent for them and family.

Hope you can hug family, friends and fabric today!
Lyn

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:31 am

Good morning slept in this morning My fit bit said I slept 9 hours...I only know I was tired last night, Ken took a day off today he has a dentist appt and needed a break. He is still sleeping looks like he was tired too.. I have 2 loads of laundry to fold and put away. then to the sewing room to sew. I will go this afternoon and stay with the kids and make them supper. Dad is working from home and needs the assistnce to keep them quiet. DD is working late. not sure whats for supper there but I will make it. well off to get coffee...and a cup for the sleeping giant, Have a wonderful day....XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:37 am

Good morning

LYN, thanks for update on Tina's DD. I know Tina was terribly worried about her. Hope your Jeep repair is quick and cheap!

BECCA - I am trying to envision little Brodee getting an MRI, where you have to lay completely still for 15 min or more. I know we're all anxious to hear results but even Mom and Dad probably have to wait a few days. Is that soup going to be split pea by any chance (my personal favorite), or perhaps bean and ham?

LOIS - hope you get some good things at Joann's. I could use some colored thread and it's all on sale . . .

JANA - yes, we are cold. And white! 29* here. Going to be a cold week. We probably have less than an inch of snow, but it's all so pretty! We might be seeing more snow come Thursday, then warming back up to mid-upper 40's. Glad your sickies are on the mend. News reports this is the worst flu season in decades and we've had about 30 deaths in WA alone - some young, healthy people. One child. I have been looking for a glass-fronted cabinet for quilts, too, for 2 years. Where did you find it?

JUDI - sometimes we just need extra sleep to recharge. I slept longer than usual, too - 8 hours for me. What are you sewing on today? Hope your evening at the kids' is a good one! Is your DSIL working at his new job now? (he did get a new job recently, didn't he??)

Yesterday I worked on Swap blocks, then switched over to bunny blocks for my Gr Niece's baby quilt. Now I'm ready to start hand-stitching eyes, noses, and whiskers on my bunnies before sewing them all together. We have no other plans for the day, no place to go. I may even sit and read a little! It's a good day for it!

Special prayers for Holly, Tina's DD.

mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:41 am

I found the cabinet at RC Willeys, a furniture store here in Utah. I kept looking for bookcases with glass doors, then changed my search term over to curio cabinets. Voile, found it.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:48 am

Morning
Well, yesterday went all to FUBAR. Up shot is DDIL 1 and my 7 yr old granddaughter will be here in about 2 weeks. My 12 yr old step granddaughter will move out next summer after she finishes school year at her dad's. I had a few hrs of total panic. Their household goods are all on storage in Cali, Joe & DS1 will move them in spring. Not sure if son will drive her then fly to Cali, or if she will drive herself. Back catch all room will be here, so far I am not losing my sewing room... didn't sleep well because of it. So prayer warriors, I need some prayers!
Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:41 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Tuesday.... At least I sure hope it is for all of you!

Becca.... Split pea soup? Sorry, I won't be coming for dinner.. I avoid anything having to do with PEAS! :lol: :lol: So hoping that Brodee got an "all clear" report. Those little ones have been through so much.

Lois... Do you have all your Joann coupons? I got a 20% off coupon for my birthday... saved it too long and it expired!

Jana... Don't must love getting a little bonus $$$ in the mail! I always think it's a sign from above that I should go fabric shopping. Hope it's enough for a few yards of some pretties!

Lyn... Hope they can fix up your Jeep quick. Are you going to be selling your folks house?

Judi... In a pinch... you can fix the kids peanut butter toast and hot chocolate! That was always my Mom's "go to" meal when the cupboards were close to empty. We always thought it was a treat!

Maryz.. OMG it's warmer here in MN than WA. Last I looked we are at 31... Hoping it warms up a bit more so the new snow will melt off my driveway! Don't you just love those days when you have no place else you have to be but HOME. Got my swap blocks all sewn down too, now to add some little hand embroidered flowers to them. I downloaded a graphic of umbrellas to my Cameo and I'm going to see if I can figure out how to cut them.

Flo....Ugh... sorry you had such a :P (that's raspberry) day yesterday. So your DS and family are moving to MO? and in with you? Will send an extra prayer that all goes smoothly!

Tina... In case you stop by.... Glad to here Holly is okay... and nothing more serious than a migraine... though those can be nasty and cause for concerns as well. Hope they can find the right med to treat and get her feeling better SOON.

Kind of quiet in here this morning.. Y'all must be busy at your sewing machines already. I'm still in Jammies! :lol: Though I better get going.. Now that I have my swap blocks sewn, I'm going back to one of my UFO. Finished pieces the back so will sandwich and pin today.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:06 am

MaryQ, My oldest brother bought my parents house a couple years ago. That way Dad had enough money for Mom's care. Larry won't do anything with it until Dad is gone. My other brother, Lanny, stays there when it's his turn to help. Though I drive 86 miles round-trip every day, I like to sleep in my own bed and maybe get something done at my house.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”