Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday January 10

Daily discussions.
Becca

Friday January 10

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:08 am

Good morning everyone Time to get our day started
I have been doing drawers closets cabinets & almost finished Lots has been donated & I have made piles for my children lol

Have to run into town for med because people didn’t do their job It’s so frustrating Incompetence

Hope your day goes smooth and sewing gets done Becca

WeSignificant

Re: Friday January 10

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:49 am

Good morning everyone

Going to see a patient this morning before work. Will be instructing the director on how to do a visit and the charting. Then will go to office and finish next weeks schedule.
Got some work done on scrap challenge last night. Told DH need to figure out a way for me to sew in the morning as my back doesn't do well by after work. Will need to move sewing machine onto something with wheels I think so I can move it to the living room. Currently I use the dining room table and if I turn the light on it will shine in Dad's room. He won't let me shut the door. There is always the weekend.
My second GS will be 21 in 4 days, Oh my where has the time gone. He is starting to take some college classes at a community college near him. Not sure what he is going to study.
Nothing else much new with me.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:54 am

Good morning Becca and everyone. I hear you on pharmacies, I ordered a med and they said it was in,,,I drove down there and it wasnt, then after I got home and called the dr offive who informed me it was filled. I got a call from the pharmacy that it was filled...2 trips GRRR

Today I will clean up the second bathroom...didnt get done yesterday, I did clean the sewing room up and purge some more for the garage sale, the pile grows. I am determined to only keep what I use, My mom w threw out everything as old and useless. She cleaned my room after I left home and threw out everything I had from high school, so there is nothing to pass down and maybe that is a good thing,,,3 of my 4 kids are not savers,,,only my youngest son will save things from the past, when we moved into this house I had them come to the old house and take what ever they wanted...my youngest son loaded up the others said donate it all...I only kept one bin of stuff from each kid..and my grand have already gone through it all...so only my stuff is left to purge. I still have some of my kids stuff and a billion photos.

We may have dinner with an very old friend too long a story for here, Daughter of a friend who passed away. we dont see her but every few years, if she calls it will be diner out...Probably mexican (diet buster) as she usually asked to meet there, She sometimes cannot spare the time so no biggy I have a supper back up plan.
well i need to get moving,,have a wonderful dayXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:58 am

Morning
Yesterday went smoothly. Camry sold. Didn't get another car. I will keep driving my Fiat & Joe's truck will be running in next couple of weeks. For now we don't want another loan. When tractor, zero turn mower & rv are paid off will get new car. They all pay off together in 3 yrs.
Today is quiet stay home day. Good thing, bad weather today & tomorrow.
Coffee is ready.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:13 am

Good morning!

Today is my baby girl, Autumn's, birthday. She's 43 today. How do these tiny babies get to be such great ages? It is also my dad's birthday (he would be 108) and the birthday of one of our much beloved shelties, Shamrock. She would be 35. This was really a party date "back in the day"!

I think we had a skift of snow last night but it's hard to tell in the dark and it's already melting, I think. 37*.

BECCA - I hope when you find these med errors, you lodge complaints. You really have to be vigilant.

MARY Q - good news that all went well yesterday with your eye procedure. Were you able to do much when you got home or did you just rest? I got my prototype swap block finished yesterday, too, and traced all the parts and pieces to make more and cut them out last night. Hope to fuse them to the background squares today.

VELDA - your quilt is awesome! You conquered those borders beautifully!

FLO - glad all went well with the sale of the car.

JUDI - My kids are a little sentimental. Autumn wants anything of mine (but lives 2500 miles away!). Lara only wants things that belonged to my mother (of which I have very little). Mike is so-so, but his wife wants nothing. None of the kids keep much stuff around of any kind, though. I saw that new red/white quilt on FB that you liked. And I like it, too! So tempting!

VAL - I hope your new director works well for you once you get her trained. I guess you could train her how you want her . . . ;) Happy birthday in four days to your DGS! Hope you figure out a way to sew. Could you put a folding screen up to block light into his bedroom? Or put a light only on your work that doesn't light the entire room? Is there room in your bedroom or another room? kitchen table? Rolling Typewriter table? Trying to help . .

LYN - glad you are finally getting your sewing room organized. So what kind of binding method did you see demonstrated at your quilt guild??

CHRISS - after we got married Bill insisted he needed a Nordic Trak. I think he used it a total of 4-1/2 days! lol! And you are so right - it held hanging clothes when I ironed his shirts for work! Back in those days we also had a pool table and it was great for folding laundry and working jigsaw puzzles and vacuuming. You should get one of those, too! :)

Today I have chiropractor. I think I can finally say my back and hip are improving! Yay! We've had a sick kitty here. We're keeping paper towels and our Little Green Machine handy. But last night he asked for food so I think we turned a corner. I'm going to spend the day in the sewing room working on Spring Swap blocks. 9 more days to sign up! So still time to think about it.

May your bobbin always be full!
mary z

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:22 am

Good morning I am at computer waiting on first group of kids. So thought I would peek in and say hello. Cant believe its friday already wowzers.

I plan to do some sewing tomorrow cuz rain in forcast but to be in 70s OK I thought it was winter :roll: oh well I wont complain my ribs are not achy when warm :)

I really need to post pics of quilts I will try to do that later today if my brain remembers.
Been up doing laundry already. DH picked up house last night while I was at piano. he is such a sweetheart.

Well beter run kids should be online any minute. Hugs and prayers all
🐐izzy

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:39 am

MaryZ, the lady that demonstrated the binding used the Marti Michell perfect patchwork corner trimmer tool. Not sure she used exactly as directions say, because she cut her strips at a 45 degree angle and then used the tool to cut off the tips. She sold me on it, I stopped at a local QS yesterday and found the tool. Another lady made her own fabric. She wanted just a little color on white fabric, so she backed it with Pelon SF101 stabilizer. Then she sewed red zig-zags across the fabric about a dozen times. She used it in a block where that fabric was about 6" solid sq next to a 4 patch.

Going to visit Dad this morning, then going to Arvada to see an old girlfriend, do some shopping and then have dinner with my DD and Gkids.
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:47 am

Good morning!

We got a new blanket of snow last night. Everything looks pretty again.

Not much here. Just a few uglies, then I can play in the Batt Cave.

Aaron and the court case - the judge has had enough from the defendant, his sheningans and set the next date for trial and told the defendant and his lawyer, that there will be no more postponements and if he doesn't show up, he will be tried in "absentia". Finally!

Awaiting on some things I ordered. I am redoing my everyday things on my mantel. Very farmhouse style - these are clear narrow neck bottles, so I can add some greenery etc.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:54 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Friday to you all! Looks like it's going to be a nice day...though cold.. only 18* above. BUT no snow in the forecast! I'm trying to decide if I want to run to fabric warehouse today or not... Maybe after a couple cups of coffee I'll be more "feeling it". I mean who wouldn't want to go to a HUGE warehouse full of gorgeous fabric.

Becca... All your cleaning etc, must just motive me to start a closet or two---tomorrow--- Saturday is chore day. :lol: With 2 of my kids so far away.. they want nothing. and Kevin who is close wants nothing either. Maybe when they get a bigger house. One of the things on my to-do list is to take photos of my family heirlooms.. I have a few pieces of family furniture I would hate to see go to Goodwill!

Valerie... Gosh I hope you can find a way to sew!! Or better yet retire so you can sew all day! :lol:
Happy birthday to your Grandson... A community college is a great place to start... get all those general classes out of the way.

Judi... Oh my gosh.... photos! I too have a zillion, though I have gifted a lot to the kids. Finally made a book for Jen of hers and this winter I hope to get started on Kevin's book. You know all those pictures we took on vacations BEFORE digital cameras... who is going to want those? I have tons from trips to Ireland and Scotland. Sorry you had a problem with the pharmacy.... normally I would defend a pharmacy... but that was just not nice to have to make to trips!

Maryz… Back in 1979 when your Autumn was just 2... I was having my Jen... her birthday is tomorrow. She'll be 41!!! I did take a long nap after I got home and by 6:00 or so my eyes were back to normal. I actually think I am seeing better already. I had a "laser capsulotomy" quick and painless. worked on my Swap blocks yesterday too, but I'm going to set them aside for a little while and finish a UFO I'm in the middle of..

Izzy.... your DH picked up the house??? Definitely a keeper!

Lyn... Funny you should mention that Marti Mitchell corner thingee. There was a gal on FB marketplace here that was selling all her quilting supplies-----she tried quilting and didn't like it (can you imagine??) So I grabbed them up and there was one of the corner thingees in the bag. Might have to YouTube it and see if I can figure it out!

Jana... YEAH... the Judge is ready!!! Sounds like Aaron has a judge that won't put up with BS... if you know what I mean.

Okay... I've had enough (sort of) coffee.. .think I'll get in the shower and get going... I could postpone shopping until tomorrow.. but I'm determined to make Saturday chore day and I don't want to mess up my schedule. Beside.. house is really needing some clean up! :roll:

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 am

Good morning all! Getting lots of rain over the next couple of days starting last night. That's okay better than snow. I am so happy my Direct TV receiver came yesterday to replace the one that "died" in my bedroom. Have it all hooked up and running. Hard to believe how much I missed it for a few days when I didn't have it. It doesn't take a lot to entertain me.

Did quite a bit of cleaning and things yesterday but didn't get any drawers sorted yet. It will wait for me I am sure.

Judi - I too have lots of photos in a big bin I need to go through and sort out. I know the boys will want some of them.

Becca - I will be working on my closets in the next few days. Amazing how much stuff we accumulate over time.

Flo - So glad you got your car sold. When my Windstar finally gave out about 5 years ago I went to leasing my cars so I don't have to worry about repairs except oil changes. I love it because I get to drive a new Red Ford Escape every three years. Red is my favorite car color. I read once that older women like to drive red cars . Guess it is a middle age crisis thing. LOL

Maryz - Happy Birthday to your "baby girl" Autumn. My baby turned 50 last month. I agree with you about where does time go. Hope Chiropractor goes well for you today.

Jana - Hope Aaron is able to get that court thing done soon. Defendants sure seem to prolong it as long as they can.

Well better get going. Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe and warm. Am praying for everyone in Australia with all those fires raging. I especially feel so sorry for all of the animals that have been lost. The pictures are so sad.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”