Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, December 6th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Friday, December 6th

Post by suzette58 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 am

Good morning everyone.
Well, our bedroom is finally done. Hubby had some problems getting the new paint to cover in some areas. It’s like something was under the original paint that the primer and paint couldn’t cover. But, it finally did. So, today is put the room back together day. It won’t take long then I am back to my braid quilt. I am just about done with the braids. That is the longest part of the quilt. I need a little bit more coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Friday, December 6th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:35 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
I'm up early and am now waiting for coffee to come down.
Yesterday was ugly day and that is all done so today I will be in my room playing.
Suzette I wonder if there was some kind of paper on the walls at 1 point and some of the
Paste might of still been on there.

Well that's all the news for today.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:48 am

Lois - I didn’t think about wallpaper & the paste. Our house was built in the 70s and I think wallpaper was big then. It finally looks good. We are glad.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:40 am

Good morning I was up at 5 today couldnt sleep..it may have something to do with going to bed early. I have a list of things to do today,,,all home...Christmas is done...I still need to wrap.. and get rid of the stuff every where,,,It is mostly dust. this house is almost 100 years old and it seems to be wanting to turn into dust some days.
We had a nice dinner with the Birthday boy last night, He did well in his swim meet. he qualified for state meet in February so we are excited for him.
well I need to get coffee and start at one end of the house..Hope you all have a great day Prayers for Farmchicks family as they deal with ther loss. XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:06 am

Good morning to all. Today am taking Laura to the nuero doctor. She finally is okayed to get botox (generic form) shots. The last time they did it was years ago under her husbands insurance. (divorced) That time was 39 shots starting at the lower part of her head and travelling down her back. Please, please say a prayer for her. She takes no drugs before they do these things she justs closes her eyes and hold back the tears.
Diane

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 am

good morning all. Nothing strange or new here. Oh my Kathy. My stupid brother did that to my mom last month because she wouldnt answer his calls. and lil man was playing with her phone under the bed one day while I was there and we didnt know and he hit his number somehow in phone and it called him. He was babbling and playing with a fire engine with sirens. :lol: :lol: :lol: so idiot thought it was mom who fell and called him for help. Mind you he lives 6 hrs away. she would never call him. She was so embarrassed and mad at him.i just laughed :lol:

Diana I sure hope she finds some help soon. prayers

mary yeah floor got done last saturday. here is pic of me twerking :lol: once last piece got put in. excuse how big pic is and how bad I look. It was long weekend :lol: Image

Well gotta run. trying to tie a lap quilt before any of kids wake and i need to run and feed critters too. HUgs and prayers all.
🐐izzy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:13 am

Good morning,

CHICKIE's mom's visitation and service are today. Just thought you might like to know.

45* here and going into mid 50's. Unseasonably warm. I think Mama Nature is planning to catch us off guard in January!

SUZETTE - I forgot how big you are making the braid quilt. Exactly the same as the pattern or bigger? I made El's pattern 2 years ago and I think donated it to our police. Glad the bedroom is done. Did you wash the walls with Trisodium Phosphate (TSP) before you primered? It removes a lot of stuff on the walls you can't see - dust, oils, old paste, etc. When my son (the famous author :lol: ) was little he 'painted' the walls of his room with petroleum jelly. No one was ever going to get paint to stick there again! What new color did you paint the room?

LOIS - have fun in your playroom today! What will you be working on?

JUDI - I hope your list isn't too long today. Save some time for playing with your toys! I bet your house is cool, being 100 years old. Ours is boring - built in 1976. Though we do have a secret passage. Glad it was a good birthday for Nolan! I remember 14 - that's when mine (girls, especially) got a really good hold on their teen years.

DIANE - You must have the results of the MRI if they are deciding on treatment. your poor sister. I hope this helps.

IZZY - that is an awesome picture!! A smile maker! and the floor is nice, too!

KATHY - It was an interesting experience you had yesterday with the cops, but isn't it nice to know your neighbors are watching out for you? We've called for a welfare check on our neighbor, too. Nothing was wrong but things looked and just FELT wrong.

VELDA - did you see the photo TINA posted in the forum yesterday for you? Should answer your question.

Yesterday was massage, grocery shopping, fetching the mail, and then helping DH with his project. I received a surprise in the mail from one of my A-list friends and it really was a day brightener! Finally I got to sit down and make a few more FGV blocks. Sure goes faster when they are all cut out already! I cut & bagged them last winter while in Texas. I have 30 finished, 15 to go. Though I might make a couple extra stars for the corners so I can have a 6x8 layout. Today is ugly day. Not sure how the house can get away from me so quickly, but I think it has something with DH and HIS dog tromping in and out several times a day, dragging fir needles, maple helicopters, little chunks of dirt with them, as well as tossing everything from coats and boots to tools and doghair everywhere. Sigh.

well, the coffee is done and I better go grab a cup and then hit the hardwood! lol! Make your day special!

Mary z

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:16 am

Hello everyone,cloudy here today.
Suz Glad Your Room is Finished.That does sound like glue May have been on wall.

Lois Enjoy your day whatever it brings.

Izzy Your new floor is pretty & looks very nice.And Of course we love your picture.

Judi Happy DGS won his swim meet .Hope he does well at State.

Chickie Prayers for your family.

Kathy What an experience youhad.Hope Today is calmer.lol

Diane I can feel for Diane.Been on the same road for years with DH.

Maryz Sure Your Home is a beauty with all your handwork displayed.I lived in an old Home growing up & they do have a lot of dust in them.

I got most of laundry & uglies done.And put my Santa flannel sheets on my bed.DD brought them to me her last visit.Shes a Sweetheart.Its looking like rain here.Guess it’s an inside day as most have been.My Neighbor is sick.I was going to visit until she told me she had a bug.I made her an afghan but it will wait.
Have a wonderful day everyone.Prayers for all in need. Becca

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:07 am

Good morning all
Just a quick stop by. I want to encourage everyone to get in this months lotto blocks. These blocks are super easy and fun. Finding the material took longer than sewing the block together. If you have any 10 inch christmas fabric left over reallly easy Or you can cut your own. It took me no more than 45 minutes to cut and sew these blocks.
Please go have a look.
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:20 am

KATY - purrfect timing! I just this minute finished watching the tutorial Teresa posted for the Dec lotto blocks. They ARE quick and easy! I think I'll do some. thanks!
mz

Return to “Sew ins”