Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday, December 6th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Friday, December 6th

Post by maryq » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:35 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy FRIDAY! Do you believe it.... only 19 days until CHRISTMAS!!! OMG I still have shopping to do !!!! Eli wants a ROBOT... guess who is going to Target or Walmart today to look for a ROBOT!

Suzette... AH it was your bedroom you were painting! What a mess huh? Last time I painted my bedroom I had to put my bed in the living room and sleep there for a while! Glad you were able to finish it and get all the pink covered. Oh yes, wall paper was big in the 70's-80's. At one time EVERY room (except living room) was wallpapered.. When it finally got it all off, I said NEVER AGAIN!

Lois... Doesn't it feel good to have all the laundry done! Finished mine yesterday too, just need to haul all the clean stuff up and get it put away today. I'm good on clean sweat pants for another week. What are you playing with in your sewing room. Yesterday while the laundry was running I put together Flakey Friend 2 blocks --- just need to find a border and backing... Might even finish it THIS year! :lol:

Judi... WOW.. congratulations to Nolan on qualifying for the state meet! That will be a fun event to attend! Do you have plenty of wrapping paper on hand? I have plenty and don't even think I'll need to get more when every thing goes on sale after Christmas!

Diane.... MANY prayers for Laura today!!! I so hope the shots will give her some relief from her pain.

Izzy.... LOVE the picture of you on your new floor! Oh my gosh what a hoot you are!

Maryz…. My goodness.. you did have a busy day. There's 45 blocks in your FGV? Lots of tiny pieces? Have you tried the Dec. lotto block yet? If you need a break from the little pieces.. try the lotto block, I think I made like 8 of them in about 20 minutes! So fast.

Becca... Ah yes, best stay home from the a visit with neighbor if she has a bug. I hear there is something going around here too... lots of kids out of school. You sure don't want to get sick this time of year. Do the twins live close to you? Will you get to see them at Christmas?

Katy... You are so right.. the lotto blocks are super easy! I have a couple layer cakes on hand... seeing how easy that block is.. it might be a great way to use one up. I think I have pieces cut for lotto.. and might make more! Normally I don't care about winning, but this might be one I'd bribe the hand of the picker! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kathy... OMG a Police officer pounding on your door! But isn't it wonderful that you have neighbors that will check up on you! All the signs were there, package and snow on the steps! Do you know who it was that called 911? They deserve a plate of Christmas cookies!

Chriss… You are probably on your way to work. Hope it's a great day.. Happy Friday for sure!

Time for more coffee... need to get a couple clean up things this morning. This afternoon I get the pick up Corinne and Nolan from school and take them shopping with me, then back to their house to baby sit while Kevin and Sara go to an office party or something. They are such great kids and so easy to babysit. I'll bring along my knitting and work on some more baby hats. I found a darling pattern for a baby hat and tried one, but it sure looks tiny!

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday and I'll see you all tomorrow

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:41 am

Good Morning to all.

I have had a busy morning here. I had conversations and PMs and lots of great help trying to figure out my problem with the PM system.

Thank you to all who have helped me. Izzy, your PM explained that it might work better on my laptop.
Well, I thought I had tried that a time or two, but I guess I have always been on my phone when I had this problem.

I am now on my laptop this morning and it looks different, works different, etc. So.... I feel that I have that problem solved, at least to a point. I am not quite sure why an Android phone would display differently, but hey, I love my android phone, and I can just deal with the difference.
Thanks again for all of you working with me to figure this out.

Now, off to the shower after exercise and then to get my things ready for sewing/quilting this afternoon.
You all have a fun day. My day will be much better, now that I solved this dilemma.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:42 am

Good morning!

Oh my house smells yummy! I have soup cooking. The family will be here Sunday for noodles. This broth will be done and all I need to do is make the noodles.

The fog has lifted and I even see a patch of blue sky!

I too have had a child dial 911. My Aaron did that. He was playing on my bed, picked up the phone, pushed buttons, and I just hung it up when I saw him playing with the phone. Next I knew, the phone rang, a 911 operator wondering what was wrong. I explained to her and she told me to let officer at the front door know as well. I looked out the window, saw no police car, and asked what officer? He parked out of view and was just about to kick the front door in. I grabbed Aaron, went to the door, opened it, and pointed to Aaron, saying he did it! I guess that police work was in his genetics, even at a year old! LOL!

Not much here. Still need a run to get a new hot glue gun and push pins. My glue gun has grown legs and is totally gone from this house.

Still sewing,

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”