Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday December 3,2019

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Tuesday December 3,2019

Post by maryq » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:20 am

Good Morning Girls

Yes I am UP.... still in jammies though.. as usual.... I have to check here first before I start my day! I have NO idea what direction I'll go today, but I'm sure I'll be headed down to sewing room!

Lois.. Never heard of a Foodie Grill! Might have to check that out! I'm still trying to figure out what to get DIL Sara---and my Kevin is NO help at all! Glad your finger is on the way to recovery! OUCH!

Jana.... Your decorations sound amazing. Would LOVE to see pictures! I love Nutcrackers too, but don't dare start collecting anything else! My kids would have a fit! A while ago I was at a WM that had Rowenta irons for $38. I am kicking myself that I didn't get 2 while I was there. I think they just don't last long because we use them so much.. "Normal" folks don't iron like we do.

Becca... Can't believe Asa and Ezekiel are TWO already! Yikes that time went fast. They have older children too right? Such an exciting time for all of them with Christmas coming!

Flo... Glad you got into Dr. Hope you will be feeling GREAT in no time!

Chriss… Thank you! I do have so much fun doing SS and this year has been GREAT! If you would like some snow... I'd be happy to send you mine! Though I can't complain... it has been bad and MN does an awesome job of plowing and de-icing the roads.. And I have my wonderful neighbor who does my drive way.

Judi.... Great Idea for giving cash. I would love to send $$ to my Canada kids but then they'd have to go to the bank and exchange! Maybe that wouldn't be so bad though... with exchange rate they'd get about $120 (C) for $100. US. When I was little my Aunt Ida (with the toffee) made all of us a little ornament and some how attached money to it. I still have those ornaments on my tree.

Maryz….. I'm sure I'll be in the sewing room today.. can't decided if I'll ignore the messes first or clean up first. I do need to look around in my FQ stash to pay a small gambling debt :lol: I'm working on 3 little elf skinnies for Sara's sister Katie for her 3 little boys. They are all sewn but need the borders, then I'll back 'em and quilt ''em, and bind 'em. would like to finish this week. thanks a LOT for telling me about the skinnies on sale!!! :roll: Had to go look of course and now they are in my cart!

Sherry.... Wasn't SS so much fun! This sure was a great year and I am honored to be the Hostess. That's one thing I don't have in my décor, a Nativity Scene. I remember as a kid ours was always on the fireplace mantel and it stayed up until January 7th, when Mom brought in the Wise Men. Since the Feast of the Ephinany celebrates their arrival in Bethlehem.

Guess I better get in gear... For sure need more coffee ... then I'll get to work around here. My tree is up and I started wrapping gifts last nite... got distracted of course so need to finish that and get boxes ready to go to PO tomorrow!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:32 am

I love my Oliso iron. They are expensive, but for me so useful! These irons have feet, that automatically lift the iron up, so you don't have to lift it upright and you don't scorch anything. Just slide it over out of the way. When you grab the handle, the feet retract, ready to go. I have had this one about 7 years. I have water so hard, that you chip it off to use! So I use distilled water, but Mr. Engineer said spring water would be OK, so I did and it is now acting up. Going back to my way! Amazon has the one I want on sale, so he will, via Sarah order it.

I have had Black and Decker, Sunbeam, Rowenta and others, but have fallen in love with Oliso.

Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 am

Hello from sunny Texas.
I landed in Corpus Christi at 5 p.m. yesterday. Minnie and I had good flights and she was the perfect traveler, not a woof out of her.

It was hard saying goodbye to Dad Sunday afternoon. He insisted on walking me to the front door of the Apt complex, then he watched from the window until he saw me back out to leave. 😢

I'm feeling better from my sinusitis. Flo, hope you feel better soon.

MaryZ, is your chiropractor like mine? I will be on the table and say "Ouch", he laughs and says "music to my ears!"

I'm tired! Don't plan to do much today. Will go to the Clubhouse and visit with the ladies. Not sure I will take anything to work on.
Lyn

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 am

Good Snowy Morning.....

We'e had an other snow fall on top of the 12" we had. I'm catching up to those with all the snow. I have no idea how much fell last night.
Today I need to finish up the laundry & clean the sewing tables off. I wish I could move my desk & file cabinet out of the sewing room. There's no extra room in the guest room, but I'm always thinking about it.

Lois......son sorry to hear about your finger, glad there will be a total recovery. Sounds like you've made a good start on your shopping.

Jana......your house sounds like a wonderland......how about a few pic's? Hope all is well with Aaron & things go in his favor. Today Kimberly is at the lawyer's office giving a deposition for her accident. I hope they both some compensation.

Becca......enjoy your lunch! Hope you get all you errands done. (((((HUGS))))))to the twins!

Flo.....so sorry to hear you have bronchitis.......get better soon.

Chris......have a fast smooth work day. my sister is still with out a job.....she's very low. I'm helping her with her bills. I'll say this out loud I'm as official old lady. I'm knitting a gray shawl for the evenings when a get chill. Kimberly is doing well still struggling with her weight.

I must move on to the uglies. Love & Prayers.............Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Katy your pm to me never got to me. Don't know why it didn't come through. Please try again. You can send some snowball cookies too if you like. LOL

Sherry

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Sherry I sent it again If this did not work have Mary q give you my info.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:18 pm

I think I am having trouble with our PM feature too. I have sent a couple lately that I am not sure they go through.
Not as easy as it used to be. We have to know the forum name correctly and if you are unsure, there is no place to choose a person from a list.
Any help or tips would be appreciated.
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”