Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday December 2nd

Daily discussions.
rosebud3

Re: Monday December 2nd

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:15 am

Mary Z - actually I was transplanted to Val's neck of the woods when I was 18. I was there for 22 years before moving back to New Mexico. I still consider it home as Family still lives there. It is where my kids were born and raised as well.

Mary/Rosebud

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 am

Good Morning Girls

Man, I musta been more tired than I thought... I just woke up a little while ago... BUT WOW what a beautiful day to wake up to! Trees heavy with snow and bright sunshine... Another day when I realize I truly lucky/blessed I am!

Judi.... You post in your jammies too! Me too.... once the coffee is done.. here I come!

Lois.. OUCH!! Sewing can be a dangerous hobby! Can't tell you how many times I've stepped on a needle! Finally bought myself a magnet and taped it to a long stick so I can get all the needles and pins off the floor without having to bend over Hope it clears up soon! No fun to be hurting whilst you sew.

Becca.... Wish I knew more about heating pads to help you. I have one somewhere around here, but don't use it very often.. Maybe lady from Palliative care can help you. I seem to remember that moist is heat is often a very good option.

Chriss… Oh gosh, I never thought about putting quilting magazines on a FB sale page--there's a local one here too. I just tossed a bunch in the recycle bin after I went through them again. I tried taking them to the Sr. Center here in town, but they didn't want them. Have a great day at work!

Jana.... Secret Santa IS a lot of fun... Won't you join us next year! Someday I will tell you the story of how it came to be... it's a long one... but I so have enjoyed it. Hard to believe it's been going strong for 13 years. I echo Mary Rosebuds thoughts about your children... Hugs to them from me too!

Maryz… I was going to text you yesterday but decided you were likely in the middle of decorating and I didn't want to interrupt your momentum. Thank you for posting pictures of your Decorations! Once I have cleaned up the decorating messes I'll post some pictures too.

Valerie.... Go to the tutorials at MSQ … there are a ton of great ideas for charm packs! I have a drawer full of them from when I went a little crazy buying them. Which reminds me, I need to go check out the directions for "double sliced layer cake" for December Lotto! Hope you have a safe drive to work today in the wind.. amazing how much it can blow the car on the road!

Flo... Hope you get into DR today... and will be sending thoughts and prayers that just a dose of an antibiotic will fix you right up.

Izzy... How fun to have a little elf there to help you open gifts! Who needs plastic road tracks when you have Gramma's legs. I did notice the new floor! You guys are brave to tackle it yourself, but then your DH must be a pretty handy guy!

Mary Rosebud.... Last night as I was watching TV I got my new tote bag all set up with my knitting. I'm in the process of knitting a bunch of baby hats for a gal in town that makes "new baby kits" It's so much prettier than the Joann bag I was using. I LOVE IT.. My favorite color! SS does sure lift your spirits doesn't it! I can't tell you the joy it brings me.

Have been debating if I should run into town today or wait until Wednesday when I have to go anyway--- taking car in for tire rotation and brake check. My tree is UP and most of the décor is in place.. Now it's a matter of cleaning up the messes and getting the not-used stuff back out to the garage.. Some where in the garage is a box of ornaments that I was thinking about adding to the tree... but I sure can't find it. With Kevin's stuff in my garage, I can't get to one part of the garage so guess I'll skip those. Decided to make 3 little Elf skinnies for Sara's sister Katie... She has 3 little boys.. 2 brown hair-brown eye and 1 blonde -blue eyed.. So I'm going to make skinnies for them. They just moved into a new house and the oldest now has his own room and he's thrilled. Pieces are fused so would like to get them ironed down today and maybe start stitching.

For now I need more coffee and a shower ( I can only stand myself so long :lol: )

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:08 am

Good Snowy Cold Morning.........

Happy Dance! My nice neighbor plowed me out & I've finished off the walkway. I never got my snow tires on.
And it's starting to snow again.
I slept all night so I'm feeling rested.

I know you are all my friends & I love all you all. I'm sure we would hang out often to sew & shop if we lived near each other. Or if we could 'beam me up, Scotty' :)

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

womster

Post by womster » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:04 am

Good late morning -

The insurance adjuster man is here so this will be a drive-by. He got here early, I had to run and go change into a real bra - ugh! well dang even a shorter visit than I thought he's back. have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

Return to “Sew ins”