Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, December 1st

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Sunday, December 1st

Post by suzette58 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:23 am

Good morning everyone.
We had some excitement here early yesterday morning. On route 81 heading north a UPS tractor trailer loaded with packages crashed and burned. The driver had some minor injuries. It took a good part of the day to get the fire out. Today we get to see the newest addition to our extended family. Hubby’s great niece and her family are stopping by so we get to see their new baby. I can’t wait. I am also planning on finishing the braid parts of the Braid in a Day quilt. I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am off to find another cup of coffee.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Sunday, December 1st

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:33 am

Good morning Suzette and all who follow,
I'm up and watching the hallmark channel and waiting for coffee to finish brewing.
I'm waiting a little while before I go find my box from Secret Santa to open it I'm so happy everyone received there boxes.
Today before we get a little of the white stuff
We are going to make a bjs run then I think there might be a load of clothes to wash and I would love to finish my table runner.
Suzette that was terrible what happened to that ups truck so glad no one suffered really bad injuries or life wasn't taken.
It's so thrilling to see a new baby have fun with your family.
Becca I'm so happy to here that brodee came home happy that there all together under the same roof.
Well that's it for the news.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:08 am

Good morning Lois and Suzette...I am up and will wait until later to open my package. Right now I need to write down all my december appts so I dont forget...Have appt with an eye surgeon to check on my wrinkled retina (no sight problems just keeping an eye on it LOL) Family Dr want to see me this month and cardiologist for routine check. all in Dec. also all the hockey games and swim meets and other events ...Seems we are busy, Today we will attend our little towns historical House Christmas party...Hot chocolate cookies and vendors with local crafts. the history of santa and carriage rides...(just like hallmark) this is a new event for our town so I hope a lot of people show up/ and it becomes a tradition.
I have all the decor up except 2 more wreaths to do...I hang them in each room. on the doors and windows///Not all the windows just a few..The tree should come up in the next day or 2 so that will be it. I need to plan my menu for the Eve Feast. hope you are all getting ito the season...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:15 am

Good morning everyone,sunny here after a night of thunderstorms,much lightning.I was standing beside table.Lightening popped off a light bulb in fixture and it flew on table with glass in floor.Never seen that before.
Cold weather hits tonight.
Valerie Yes They are still on oxygen.Do hope the new Lady does a great job & your load gets lighter.

Suz Enjoy That sweet baby.Nothing like a new baby.

Judi I may be a. Slow turtle but I hope to get some decorations up.we had a Clebration here in our Town last night & the pictures looked like an old Fashioned Christmas.Carrage rides too.

Lois Hope you get your PJ run done before your snow hits.
Chris I got lots of kisses.They had to warm up to me first but then they loved Nana.

We had a fun day with our grandkids.I Certainly couldn’t look after them at my age.They are on the move constantly .Being a boy & girl the twins personality is so different.So cute they are . Guess Today I may take it easy.Plenty Of food leftovers.
Have a blessed day. Becca

velvet

Post by velvet » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:33 am

Started a post and save draft then wrote thinking it would be added and now I can't find it. Don't know what to do.

Short version-
Suzette-congrats on the new baby. Sorry about the ups accident.
Lois-enjoy bj's and coming snow.
Becca-so happy about the twins. Sorry about the light bulb.

Enjoy the day
Diane

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:01 am

Good morning!

I have a cat laying half on my lap and half over my keyboard. Adds a furry layer of difficulty iin typing. Any errors are Foxtrot's, not mine!

CHRISS - did you get your fabrics yet for the Storm at Sea? Will you name your quilt when you're done with it? I've named a few quilts over the years, but not many. congrats to Rich on his masters! I know you're rightfully proud! It's opening day - did you hear??

MARY Q - It's opening day, did you hear?? :D Is your tree decorated yet or are you going to call in the grandkids and have a decorating cocoa party?

JUDI - you are almost done with the decorating! hooray! How did the hockey game go yesterday? Have you started working on your new red/white/snowman quilt yet? That is such a tempting pattern. I couldn't keep my hands off it if I were doing it.

JANA - We see stuff on Live PD all the time about what law enforcement has to put up with but I think Aaron's lastest story tops them all times 10!! Are there no sewing ornaments on your Batt Cave tree?

SUZ - What a bummer about the UPS truck. There goes someone's Christmas packages! I doubt a semi roll-over qualifies as "Handle with Care"! Glad no one was hurt badly. We all want to know - what color are you painting the room? Fun to see the new baby. But was the baby a boy or girl. Was this the baby you made a quilt or a while ago? Details, girl! We need details! My great niece is also expecting. A girl. Her 3rd girl. In May.

BECCA - I have never heard of a light bulb doing that before! Hope you weren't sitting close to it! I bet twin reports have slowed now as mom and dad are, I suspect, busier than one-armed paper hangers! The twins that visited you - were they Aniston and ?? I can't think of her brother's name. And right now the names of the other set of twins escapes me, too. Sorry.

DIANE - sorry you post didn't save itself. I tried that 'save draft' option once and the same thing happened to me. But I think it popped up again about 3 days later. lol!

LOIS - don't you wonder how you ever had time to work!

VAL - I bet your new director will relax once she's comfortable in her new position and familiar with all of you. I was happy to see you were able to get out and do some shopping! How was bowling?

LYN - I was happy to hear you were feeling somewhat better. Can you fly OK with sinus infx? How is your dad doing? And when do you come back to CO again?

I, too, am wondering about our KATHY. I have her number. Maybe I will try to call her. We've already established the fact that I am snoopy, so it will probably come as no surprise to her to have a call from me out of the blue asking - "hey! What's going on? All of us back at Bear Paw Ranch need to know!" :lol:

Today we'll put up our tree. I can't wait! I have presents stashed all over the house and I'd like to gather them up in one place. I bought Bill two pairs of new jeans on a big sale 2 weeks ago and now I can't find them! I've searched the entire house - twice! I'm wondering if I hid them in the trailer, but he's working on a project out by the trailer and has the steps up, with boards, dirt, ropes, and tools in the way so I can't go check. It's driving me crazy wondering where those jeans are.

Have a great day! And happy December! Only 3-1/2 weeks to go! I got all my packages mailed last week and most have already arrived. Whew! I beat the rush!

mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:31 am

Good morning!

After the rolled semi here, they sent Aaron back out in his patrol. It took the haz mat crews and fire nearly ten hours to reopen both side of the freeway. They needed Aaron for other calls. We will see what adventures Aaron has today! None, I hope! My hair is getting gray fast!

Tanner finished his quilt yesterday. He helped me load it on my LA and then he quilted his quilt. I stayed near by and he did well. Tried to convince him to do a loopy d loop meander, but he is a boy, liked squares, triangles and zig zags. So now, Grandma will do the binding. The quilt is a bit to big for Tanner to handle on the sewing machine. Grandma wrote his name in cursive as he hadn't learned that in school yet. Now I wil load Ethan's on and when Ethan comes after school each afternoon, he can work on his.

Picture worthy sunrise here over the snowy mountains. Could make the front of a Christmas card.

Church a bit later, then home to stuff dolls and put out decorations. While I helped Crenda with embroidering names and teaching how to make bias binding, I had the others haul up all my totes, so Christmas can explode here! Scrooge gets upset if I don't keep the explosion under control - Scrooge requests that I do one tote at a time, do it well, and then move on. I try, but sometimes I make a huge mess! LOL! I will just send Scrooge into the living room to assemble the Dickens Vilage.

Not much more here, it is cold and heading toward single digit temps,

Hugs,
Jana

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:35 am

Hello, Hello......I'm still here.....

Thank you for all your thoughts & almost phone calls. My truth is the lack of lots of sleep & the difficult time of year has dropped me down the hole of depression. LOL....I went to see my Dr(but had to see the PA) & she suggested what I need to do is make a few friends to do things with! That's what she did when she moved here from India with her DH &3 kids. She does not see a difference in us. I see my reg Dr on Fri hope she adjusts my med.
I've slept straight through the last 3 nights & feeling better.

Had a nice Thanksgiving with my sister's family. Skyped with my girls.

Today I'll clean the sewing room that has become a mess. I bought my 1st Jelly roll(really 3)from El's sale.
From the Girl Scout on I'll make DGS a tote bag Nothing like the Grands to get your blood going.

Later I'll read all that's I'v missed.

Becca.....so so happy the twins are home. Thank you Lord!

Love & Prayers..........Kathy

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:38 am

Good morning all! Had a thunderstorm last night and lots of rain. Better than snow. Rob and Sadie left yesterday after the game because Rob has to do inventory today. I guess it is fun to be the boss. I am still in shock over the game yesterday. My Wolverines lost to OSU by a score of 56 - 27. I can't believe how bad we played this time. I drank a very large and strong Bloody Mary while watching the game. Lost $10 to Rob on our bet. Well now wait and see what bowl we will play in. Our record is 9-3 but not good enough for a major bowl this year. I never give up on my team though. Doug's family was here so I made lots of snacks and food for all of us.

Today not doing much except reading my paper and watching NFL football. I am tired from all of the last four days. On Friday Rob and I went to Bass Pro Shops for him to get some ammunition and I bought a new thick flannel hoodie. It took longer to go through the check lane than do the actual shopping. I love going to Bass Pro Shops. I get all my flannel shirts there. I am not a fancy dresser. LOL We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home for a late lunch after the crowd left.

Becca - So glad that the twins are home together.

I see where we are going to open our Elf gifts today. Will do that after I get some breakfast and get my act together. Sounds like everyone got their gifts without any problems.

Well, Smoke and Sweetie are sound asleep. They and Sadie played so hard for the 3 days and they all get along quite well. Sweetie sat on the top of her climbing tree and tossed down her toy mice for Sadie. It was so cute. Smoke and Sadie got to play outside in the fenced in yard together and they loved that.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Now I guess it is time to start getting out my Christmas decorations. I never start that until Thanksgiving is over.

Sherry

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:05 am

MaryZ, I don't think I will have a problem flying. My Dad seems to be doing alright. He set the little pamphlet, from funeral, with Mom's picture on it on his night stand. Maybe it's his way of remembering that she's gone. I'm scheduled to fly back Jan. 4th for 3 weeks.

Packing up and heading down the Mtn early this afternoon. I leave my car at my parents house and spend the night there. Much easier getting a shuttle to the airport.

Denise and I will open our gifts in a week or so. I finally got hers finished and in the mail. I hope she will think the wait was worth it.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”