Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday November 30 2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday November 30 2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:25 am

Good morning Everyone,
Today is saturday and I will be going to the food store to get a few things that I'm out of and then I might do a little sewing.
I havent even started any christmas shopping we are not in a hurry we can go during the week day when everyone else is at work.

Well there is nothing else new to report.
Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Saturday November 30 2019

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:14 am

Good morning Lois and those who follow.
We had another Thanksgiving yesterday. It was at one of older grand daughter’s house. She and her husband just got the house a few months ago. It was wonderful. Today hopefully hubby will feel good enough to finish painting the pink bedroom. It is raining so who knows. I plan on sewing. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:19 am

Good morning Today is another busy day. We will head to hockey game this morning then a few errand and home. I believe that I may finish the last of the decor. Each time I say that I see something else that needs something Christmasy . Laundry is done..folded and put away but some house keeping needs my attention. saw a few cobs hanging out in the corners...supper might just be soup but I havent figured out what kind yet. well hope all of your CHristmasy stuff is happening,,XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:39 am

Good morning to all. Hope everyone had the best of the holiday.
Yesterday we did a qov for 8 vets. Miss Arlene is from the Korean war era and was a wac. She is early "90s" give or take a few. What a lovely lady to talk to. One vet was a true surprise right up to announcing of his name. Talk about a shock face, wow. I think he will remember this Thanksgiving for quite a while.

Today some odds and ends in the house. I don't want to go any where near the stores or the mall-too many nuts out there.

Have a great day no matter what you are doing today

Diane

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:01 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy here.
Brodee got Home yesterday so they are Home together.It was a wonderful day for us all.We will see them when they give us a call to come.Thanks for all your prayers love & support given to them.

Our DGS,his wife & Twins & Laurel who’s 4 are on their way here,Must get moving.Have much to do.

Have a great day whatever you do. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:04 am

Good morning!

The current snow storm has finally moved east of me. It dumped a ton of snow! Here at my house we have about 4 feet! 18 inches of that fell in the afternoon yesterday. Aaron stopped by and tried to shovel to stay ahead. The poor sweetheart was losing the battle. It was like trying to shovel sand using a pitchfork! He tried hard.

Gracie and Ethan went and saw Frozen ll. Her review - it was great. I got the whole story from her, while her Dad was battling snowflakes. She loves princesses!

Tanner and Crenda are coming over today. Even though Crenda has my old embroidery machine, she needs me to do some names for Christmas stockings.and teach her to make bias binding. Tanner's quilt is ready for my LA and we may get it loaded.

All my fall decor is packed away, so I started puting out a few things. A new centerpiece that Scrooge, aka, Michael didn't know I bought. He noticed right away and wanted to know where the EIR was. Environmental Impact Report, meaning where was it going to be stored for next year. I just smiled. I have been very good and this is the only new decoration I have purchased.

So I will be in the Batt Cave today, hopefully getting some of my sewing done and maybe a few decorating totes put out.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 am

Good Morning everyone.
I wish I could chat with each of you. So much going on.
Diane: how neat to have that one vet so surprised. What a delight!
Becca: what happy news that Brodee came home. Prayers continue that they will continue to do well.
Hope you all enjoy your weekend.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 am

Good morning,
We are 28* here but no snow. Or rain. Or wind.

JANA - 4 feet of snow?? In your yard?? You're going to be there until spring! My Alaskan brother only has 8" in his yard. And who doesn't love princesses?! I bet Tanner is hoping to get his quilt on the frame. He should quilt it using his own handwriting journaling about his life at his current age. It would add another layer of specialness and uniqueness to his project. We got a new centerpiece, too, from Costco. Fake evergreen with three huge red candlejars. Too big for our house, so it's going back. But like your Michael - where to store the thing?! As it is, we will have to get a new big tote for the garland we bought.

JUDI - what? You had some un-Christmasy corners?? How could that be? Glad you caught those omissions. Are the wreaths all up? Have fun at the game. Go Whichever Kid Is Playing! Cobwebs - we've noticed we're not seeing any spiders this year. Usually, come fall, we get lots on the house. I found one in the kitchen sink yesterday and relocated him outside, but that's it. Where are the spiders? What eats spiders, because that's probably what we've got instead .. . .

DIANE - what a nice day at the vet's cafe! So, usually the vets know they are getting quilts? and if so, then someone must have put in the surprised vet's name and made sure he was there? Our good friends just sent us photos of themselves on the beach in Myrtle Beach. Looks nice there!

LOIS - have fun shopping. Hope you get some quality time in the sewing room.

VELDA - did you get your Star Wars quilts finished? Did you decide what to do for your DGD?

BECCA - BEST NEWS EVER!! you've got your little gang back together! And at home!! How far from you do they live? I won't be letting them slip from my prayer list. I think they will always be there!

SUZETTE - hope hubby is all better today! What will we call The Pink Bedroom when it is no longer pink? The Blue Bedroom? White Bedroom? Maybe green? . . . .

We got our tree yesterday - 8-1/2 feet doug fir. It's gorgeous! It's outside in water right now and we'll put it up later today or tomorrow. Otherwise we're all decorated for Christmas and I will be goofing off in my sewing room most of today in between a couple loads of laundry. We might swing by some friends this afternoon for a glass of wine. But it's a free day - no appointments, commitments, or dates. I think supper is going to be turkey pot pie.

Y'all have a sweet day today!
mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:25 am

Good morning!

Well go quite a bit of shopping done yesterday. The only store that was real crowded was Kohl's in Vacaville so I just moved on. Got a lot done though. Still have a bit to do but will go through and sort things out to see exactly what I need first.
Suzette 2 Thanksgivings! Wow! Sound like fun as long as you don't have to do the clean up
Diane hope you got some good pictures and some family at least were there for the women. What a memory for them.
Becca Yeah for Brodee! They must be thrilled. I would think I may also be a bit nervous and maybe even scared. Continued prayers for their health and that they grow up to be everything parents imagine for their kids.
Jana I can imagine Aaron with that snow shovel. Hoping you can get out of the house!
Mary that is actually a really good idea for Tanner. Since I don't long arm not sure how hard that would be but sounds great. Since we redid our roof, the spiders came out in armies. We are still seeing one or two but it has slowed down. Now it's the moths. I have no idea where they are coming from or why. I don't see cocoons anywhere but I get at least 3 moths a day. And they are smaller.
I think other than Dad I will just have a quiet sew day. After two days of pushing my back, it needs a break. I have to go with the scouts tonight bowling (NO I will not bowl) and then tomorrow I am going with my BFF to take her son back to college. He is at UC Santa Cruz. He will show me around the campus and I want to be able to do the walk.

Hope everyone is well. Flo did you get to the doctor? I know someone else was not feeling up to par but can't remember who. Prayers for all in need.

Happy Saturday!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:45 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Snowy Saturday... doesn't appear to be snowing here yet, but it's on it's way! No worries, I have lots of coffee and TP and fabric... so if I get snowed in... who cares!

Attention Secret Santa's: Yes, Teresa has her gift.. she did call me to let me know. SO with that being said.. Let's open EARLY! Lyn and Denise are going to do their own thing (hint hint--they have each other) How about TOMORROW! Are you ready? I just have to remember where I hid my box... under a chair somewhere I think! This has been another wonderful year... all things have worked out with no glitches and it sure has been fun seeing you all tease each other and try to guess who has whom! :lol: :lol:

Lois... Oh good, now I don't feel so bad... haven't done much shopping here yet either. Since it's so expensive to mail to Canada, I think we'll have Christmas when I go up in the spring. And for my Alaska kids.. I'm going to just send Jen money and she can shop for Eli and Kaya. Good idea to do the bulk of the shopping during the week when it's quiet!

Suzette... Did you say what color you are painting the pink bedroom? Hope DH feels better. I'm sure deep down he would like to get that project done. What a pain in the you-know-what!!

Judi.... Your days always seem so busy.... with Hockey! My little Nolan is playing hockey now too so I imagine I'll be traveling to watch some of his games too! You are inspiring me to decorate so little by little I'm bring things in from the garage to do so. Have to give everything a chance to warm up before I set it up.

Diane.... How fun to surprise a Vet with a quilt.. I bet he was truly touched to receive such a wonderful gift.

Becca..... Truly wonderful news that Brodee is home! Levi and Taylor must be just ecstatic to have both babies under one roof... Now the fun begins! What a journey they have been on... so blessed with two little miracle babies.

Jana FOUR FEET! OH my gosh... Hope you are well stocked with TP and coffee! I remember the days of getting a pit in my stomach about having to drive to work in snow storms.... now I can sit and laugh at it! Aaron will sure be in my prayers as he doesn't get to call in and stay home! He's the guy out there dealing with the crazies on the road! Hugs to him!

Velda.... What ever your day brings.... hope it's all good things!

Maryz… Your Tree is awesome! Sorry I caved, but I did decide to bring in my artificial tree. :( Partly because the bug has hit me to put it up this weekend and partly because I just couldn't ask Kevin to do one more thing for me. Don't you just love turkey left overs! I have enough for at least one more meal or I might freeze it and save it for later. I do loves me a good turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce!

Valerie.... Enjoy your quiet day at home with Dad... you certainly deserve it!

Chriss… Are you hiding in your sewing room this morning... or sleeping in... it is only 0730 in CA as I type this!

Kathy..... If I had your phone number, I'd call you... I'm getting worried about you!! Hope you are feeling great but just busy busy busy!

Lyn.... Do you have your voice back? When do you head back to Texas?

The time has come for me to get in the shower, clean up a bit then head down to sewing room. One more load of laundry to finish. Yesterday I finished the wall hanging for down-the-street friend, so will wash and fix up today. Need to get other Christmas packages ready to mail this week too. But first MORE COFFEE!

REMEMBER---- OPENING DAY TOMORROW. SPEAD THE WORD ! JUST IN CASE SOME DON'T SEE THIS MESSAGE!

I'll go make a post for Opening day in "Swaps"

Wishing you all a Sewing Saturday

Return to “Sew ins”