Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday November 30 2019

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Saturday November 30 2019

Post by WeeOne » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:48 am

Everyone is sounds busy.

Becca, wonderful news that our twins are home together. Are they still on oxygen?

Today's my last day helping Dad. I don't fly out til Monday. When I woke up with no voice and left ear hurting yesterday morning, I was able to get into a local doctor and I have sinusitis. I did not go to see my Dad as I wanted the antibiotics to start working. We have strong winds and I feared the driveway was going to be blown in with snow, but it's blowing it clear! As I write this and 8 point deer just walked through my yard. I enjoy the wildlife. I still sound awful today, won't be talking much.

Hope y'all enjoy your day. Jana, sorry for all your snow, but please don't send it to me. :lol:
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Saturday November 30 2019

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:57 am

Good morning, what a beautiful day it is going to be today.

Yesterday was slug day. Didn't do much of anything. Today will be straightening up my room. setting up a printer and doing some kind of sewing.

Last week I got an email from UPS. I had a package coming. it was 9.5 pounds and neither Jerry or I ordered anything. drove me nuts to know something was coming from Amazon. I didn't realize Amazon would notify me if someone else sent me a package. Well my dad ordered me a new printer. Funny thing is, it was the same printer I was looking at. I had put it in my cart and taken it out. It was on sale for $20. I thought I had hit purchase instead of remove but it wasn't in my orders.

I also got my first ever scam call on my cell phone. it said the number was from Maryland. and the message they left said something was wrong with my SS number and I should call them. I didn't answer the call because there was no caller ID. Now really, why would SS call me, who got my SS card how many years ago, on a cell phone I got less than 20 years ago? I told Jerry we are just going to stick with the foreign prince who has millions for us via e-mail rather than the cell phone people.

Jana, so glad that sliding car ran circles around Aaron.

Maryq, what a sweetie Sarah was to do the dishes. It can be a big job. We don't have any leftovers but Jerry has a turkey thawing and we will have a second turkey dinner Sunday. glad you had a nice holiday. Did your oven get fixed?

Valerie, Hoping that the new director will be a little more at ease after she gets used to the job. a new job can make a person anxious. One day maybe she will be asking you to show her how to make a quilt.

Lyn, do you have an Urgent care type facility there? They can at least prescribe something to help. I do know my sinuses are not playing nice, and my sons are even worse. There is a new procedure out there. You know how they put a balloon in an artery to open them up, well now they are doing the same with sinuses. Hope you get over the infection soon.

Lois, yay for you getting to go Christmas shopping during the week. Ain't retirement great? One day I will be where you are.

Suzette, two turkey dinners is always a good thing. Hope that room gets painted.

Judi, those cobwebs sneak in while we sleep. the spiders just want to have a warm place to spin then poof, there you go with the broom and sweep them outside so they can try again. It's a tail chaser.

Diane, I bet the fun part of QOV is getting to hear the stories. you are a pretty cool lady for what you do.

Becca, I think with both twins in one home with their parents makes this the best Thanksgiving ever. I am so happy that all are in one place. God is so good. enjoy your kids today, make sure to pass out some squeezes and smooches from me.

Jana, Good to know I can get any princess info I need from that cutie of yours. I love the princess phase little girls go through.

Velda, hope your day is marvelous.

Maryz, I am picturing Clark Grizwold putting up your tree. taking his bolt cutters to clip that rope and poof. out comes, finally, a squirrel. Be sure Clark checks for squirrels before putting the tree inside.

Valerie, you crazy woman. I just can't imagine going shopping yesterday. My Christmas shopping will consist of gift cards. I usually give Mar Gloria and Rich each a Visa gift card. Boring but they would really rather pick their own things.

The news just had a story about a lady who rented her house out as an Airbnb and was surprised to find things were stolen. why would a person rent out their house to strangers and if they would rent it out why would they leave expensive items in the house. Makes no sense.

I sure wish it were time to open our SS gifts. One person is sure I am her Santa, another thinks I am and they will both be surprised. Wish I could watch them both open their gifts. But I really wish I could open mine. I am not sure who my Santa is but am thinking Teresa.

Maryq, what??? Opening day is tomorrow? Do you promise? yay me. Nope, I wasn't hiding in my room or sleeping in. Seems I type, Jerry talks, I respond to him, then I type. Takes me forever to post on the weekends, now if I could just find something for him to do I could easily finish a post in no time. so excited for tomorrow. I also love a tureky sandwich with a bit of cranberry on top. so so good..

Lyn, glad you were able to see a doctor. I love wildlife too. I sit here and look out and what seems like a hundred birds are having breakfast in my yard. Then the squirrels wake up.

Time for breakfast and for me to go play, and to ready my SS gift for opening. you all have a great day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”