Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, November 26

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday, November 26

Post by suzette58 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:24 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday I was working on my Braid in a Day quilt. I am getting close to starting to add the sashing and borders. I am trying to decide what to use for the first borders and looked in a tub of fabric and found the fabric that I will use. Isn’t it wonderful to do that? Today I have to start getting the house cleaned for Thursday. I always love having family over. Well, I am off to find another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday, November 26

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:11 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
Yes I will be doing the same as Suzette getting the house cleaned and ready for company it's only my son and Melissa this year my Dd is staying home I can understand they all have to work the next day in her house.
Well there is nothing else to report I hope you all have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:13 am

GOod morning early birds. I was up at 530 it is still dark but we are supposed to have rain and very warm and 51 today 54 tomorrow. I am still decorating I did my bed this morning putting on a Christmas quilt and all the pillows and shams. I will hang a lighted wreath on the wall and garland with lights on my headboard. Ken calls it the Hallmark room. Everything is on timers. I have bins all over. LOL I will get most of it done today and a run to the grocery store. It doesnt look like we will hqve any snow for thanksgiving but maybe Christmas. well I need to go search out my cuppa and get myself dressed...Hope you are enjoying the season...and the feast..XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOO oh and the snowmen are marching up the steps///seems there are a few more this year :o :o :o

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:53 am

Good morning everyone,Been awake since 4,my sleep has really been messed up.
TWINS update Brodee has surgery today at noon.It was moved up.Hadlee went Home yesterday.I was sorry they couldn’t go home together.I guess Taylor’s Mother will keep Hadlee.They didn’t tell anyone but family.
Thanks for praying for our precious babies.Taylor & Levi are very appreciative.And so am I.

Judi Your House must be Christmas Land.Sure it’s beautiful.

Suz & Lois I Too will be cleaning house today.DH has to go for Blood work,& hair cut if he is up to it.Then Drug store.DD gets here tomorrow.They plan to get up leaves for us.I have lots on prepping to do for Thursday & Saturday.

Maryq We said the same thing about the water & babies.lol

Velda We have 3 sets of twins.No we had never had any twins on either side until now.Its a blessing & surprise.Enjoy your Son & DGSs visit.

Flo Get well soon.
Kathy Sure hope you are not sick.
Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving & hope everyone is Well.Thanks for being a group of wonderful friends.It means a lot to me.Hugs Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:41 am

Good Morning
Suzette, Lois, Judi, and Becca: you are really early birds. You all are getting into the Holidays. Sounds like fun.
What great news that Hadlee got to go home.
Judi, your home sounds beautiful. I used to really decorate a lot for Christmas. Now we have just a sparkle of Holiday in our RV. I will clean and put out my tree, etc after the first of December.
I have decided to make a little tote bag for our granddaughter. She's suppose to be coming to visit with Dad and brother. She now lives with her mother, so plans could change, but I don't want to be giving something to Dad and brother and not have something for her. I might even put some girl things inside the bag to make it more special.
Then I have two more quilts planned as soon as I get these finished. Busy, busy.
But, that's what we love, right?
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:54 am

Ok, starting over, everything just went "POOF".

Good morning everyone, new Director started yesterday. Jury is still out. The corporate nurse will be there today to start her training. Will have to reassess a bit down the road.

Hoping to be able to take Friday off. I had originally requested it off and it was approved, but then when we lost the Director that left only me so was planning to work. I will ask today if she is comfortable being in the office by herself and if so, will take it off. Dad's caregiver coming so could get some shopping done.

Car repair yesterday started off as just an oil change. All down hill after that. Battery failed load test and was leaking, front end out of alignment, a few other things and my did the bill go up. My checking account will not need to diet for sometime to come! They did clean my car though, washed the windows and vacuumed so guess I should be grateful. A few other things were recommended but they will have to wait.

Becca will be thinking of the Twins today and praying for successful surgery for Brodee. I am so hoping he can be home for Christmas. What a blessed Christmas that would be. And huge blessings for Hadlee, home at last!

Judi, yes it sounds like Christmas Land at your place. How do you sleep with all that stuff? Don't turn on the heater, would not want the snowmen to melt! I love people who decorate like this, one day I will be able to do it again.

Think I will make a final shopping list for Thanksgiving dinner at work today so don't have to go to the store on Wednesday. They will be packed.

Two more seams to do on Lotto blocks and then will mail. I can get that done tonight.

Well, things to do before work so better get to getting them done.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

velvet

Post by velvet » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:06 am

Plan to hit Costco for the items needed for the holiday. It is quiet here for now but tomorrow night the family start showing up at my BFF house. YAHOO! Can't wait. Hugs, kisses, laughs and food. Could anyone ask for more?

Hope everyone gets all their wishes for all our families no matter where they are.
Diane

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:09 am

Good morning!

I have lots of the fluffy white stuff! Enough, that the plows were out earlier this morning. Lots and lots of accidents yesterday as well. Aaron was busy all his shift. We got the gift for my Karlie shipped, before it snowed, a good thing.

I sewed on the dollys - yes, plural, and have one body ready to stuff. Since I was already making one, why not two? Sarah has the piece for the face of the second one. So one is for Gracie and the other for Karlie. Started some clothes, while I am waiting on Sarah. Fun to go into my stash and "shop" in my own fabric store.

Not much else here. Stay warm! Stay safe! Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:13 am

Good morning all
Well I am off to Peoria to get new embroidery system. I already have a new faster larger amount of memory on its way. I have not had a embroidery system for almost 2 years. I am up grading so will not cost as much. .
I have house all decorated except for large tree in living room. I also finished my bedroom decorating yesterday.
Christmas quilt , angel on wall and tree on dresser tree has lights with timer. I do love
Christmas. I have trees and deco everywhere. Most on timers and batteries.
Judi It sounds like we do the same decorating lol
Velda Glad your children will visit.
Lois We will be putting up the tree when I get home then will clean tomorrow.
Becca Little guys are in my prayers. Gish that is a lot of twins you have in your family, LOL

Well I need more coffee

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:30 am

Good morning, we are supposed to be getting a big storm here today. I would love enough rain to settle the dust. Snow is supposed to get to 2,000 feet, I am at 1,400.

Flo, I hope you had a wonderful birthday and that you feel better. Are you Italian? You are sending lasagna for thanksgiving. My ex husbands Italian family always had ravioli with their turkey at holidays.

Sherry, how fun to have your whole family there and watch the game. what snacks will you make? Our snacks are deviled eggs, a brick of cream cheese with salsa on top and tortilla chips, celery with peanut butter, we build from there.

Jana, how did you get so lucky only making lime jello for TG? My grandma always made my dad lime jello with grapefruit in it. Somehow she thought he loved it. So, after reading your post I texted my dad and asked if he had the recipe. He will laugh.

Maryq, We aren't big jello eaters, My grandpa wouldn't eat jello because it wiggles. This man ate many weird things. Funny how our kids are always storing things in our garages. Hope you make enough room for Kevin, hope they find the perfect house. Your JD noodle bake sounds good. Jerry makes a similar one but no sour cream.

Suzette, things are going your way, nice to find the perfect fabric without having to search. Great to have family get together. I hear the happy in your post, it makes me smile.

Lois, happy house cleaning. hope it goes quickly. What fun it will be to have the kids over, will this be your first TG as a family?

Judi, A few more snowmen? Just what do those snowmen do while in storage. Your room does sound like a hallmark room.

Becca, I saw Kathy post on facebook so she is out there but it would be nice if she would check in. She's just lucky we all can't get together and knock on her door. Prayers for Mr. Brodee, and his parents. hope your errands go quickly and the blood work comes out great for DH.

Velda, how old is your DGD? I bet she would love having a girl stuff tote.

Val, Glad the car is all better, nice the battery was caught and fixed. Hope you do take Friday off, are you a black Friday shopper? After hitting the mall with Marilyn I see why I shop online. What a blessing that you don't have to train the new director and that you have a new director. woo hoo.

Diane, Costco here is so crazy crowded. I wish they opened up at 7am but don't open till 10. hope your shopping trip is quick.

Jana, those girls are going to love their new dolls.

Katy, safe travels to Peoria.

Hope you all have a great day
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”