Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday, November 26

Daily discussions.
purrfect-lady

Re: Tuesday, November 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:37 am

Good morning, All!

I guess I made up for lost sleep last night - I went to bed at 8:30 and slept for 9 hours. Boy, do I feel good!

BECCA - that's so exciting that Hadlee got to go home! I'm sure Brodee will be right behind her. Praying for him as he goes through surgery today.

CHRISS - I've had Italian for Christmas. Just because we like it. For a few years we had a 'theme' going for dinner. One year was Hawaiian. One was Mexican. I'm with you on Malls. We went to a small Mall a few weeks ago to buy curtains. First time we've been in a mall in about 5 years. It was deserted! We couldn't even find a clerk for a while!

JANA - you got snow! you lucky! I LOVE snow! I bet your dollies will be cute! How many outfits are you making? I loved dolls when I was little and the more clothes the better! I used to make lots of doll clothes for my girls. We found cases at the goodwill to keep them in.

JUDI - I would love to stroll through your house at Christmas time! I don't decorate our bedroom. We do have an 18" ceramic Christmas tree on top of a bureau and it's lit 24/7. It's our night light. But that's it. I hope, this year, to rectify that by making us a Christmas quilt for our bed.

KATY - I would love to hit your house, too, on my Christmas stroll! Pictures would be neat to see. hint hint

DIANE - how did your sis do at her appt?

VELDA - How old is your DGD? I think she would love a tote filled with girl stuff. Nail polish, stick on nail tattoos, sox, hair stuff, etc. You are going to have a lot of fun filling that tote!

Yesterday I finished about 8 FGV blocks. I have a total of 17 done now. They sure go fast when they are already cut. We also got all our Christmas packages mailed. Six of them. It was a big ouchie at the counter, but not as big as I'd feared. Our early Mexican happy hour last night with friends was fun. I gave out two sets of my pot holders - both sets were foxes, because we are all Arctic Fox owners. I decided I need to make some chicken ones now because we will soon be seeing other friends and she loves chickens. Lori Holt's patterns are wonderful for pot holders.

I'm thinking today is the day to get out our dozen or so Christmas totes. It will trash the house for 2 or 3 days and there's no company expected now for the forseeable future and I feel pretty energetic after getting a good night's sleep. Besides, all of you talking about your decorations is getting me into the mood.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve Eve to all!
mary z

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:05 am

Good Morning Girls

I'm up, dressed and got my coffee !! I'm going to need LOTS of coffee to motivate me today! Man is this place a mess! Where do I start!???

Suzette... Isn't it wonderful to find the perfect thing in your stash! Though a trip to a LQS for the perfect thing isn't all that bad either. I'm looking forward to having all the kids over for TG too. Love to hear the sound of children in the house again, even in short spurts... like one afternoon!

Lois... Sounds like we are all going to be cleaning today. :lol: :lol:

Judi... There's a big snow storm headed our way... I'm wondering if it will head over to Michigan after it's done with us? You may get snow soon! I'm just hoping it's cleared out by Thursday when the kids come. I made a topic "Christmas Decorations" in PHOTOS so when/if you are able to share pictures … please do, I'd love to see your trees and snowmen.

Becca... What wonderful news that Hadlee got to go home! :) :) Will be praying for Brodee today.. I'm thinking hernia surgery is not uncommon for little boys, but it's still a worry. Will be anxious to hear how he did and when he can go home too!

Velda... How old is your DGD? I made a Target run yesterday and that had such cute things for girls. Gift sets of chap stick, bubble bath, shampoos... So hope she can come visit with your DS!

Valerie.... Will cross my fingers for you that the new director works out! Isn't that the way it goes with cars... if it isn't one thing it's another. I remember to get the oil changed, but when DS Shawn was home... he reminded me I need tires rotated and brakes checked... UGH...

Diane.... Hugs, kisses, laughs and food. There is nothing better than those things... especially when they come all together!

Jana.... Ok, I think I'll follow your orders "do something fun" and go sew! I have my Elves Skinny ready to layer and quilt and that would be way more fun than washing floors today!

Katy... Sounds like you are ready for Christmas!!! I look at all the boxes of stuff in my garage and want to get in the mood, but think I will wait until this weekend to bring in the stuff. Maybe when we get a little snow I'll be more in the mood. When I was at Joann last week I saw an embroidery machine.. oh gosh it looked like so much fun... but.. it was $17,000. so I took a pass!
Have you received your SS package yet?
Chriss… I think I can count on one hand how many times I've made jello too. I like it but only when it's mixed well with whipped cream :lol: Shopping on Black Friday is the LAST place I want to be. I sure won't get up early for it and there's nothing I need THAT badly! Though I might have to check out the Joann ad again :lol: :lol:

Maryz.... There's a facebook group for Lori Holts FV patterns etc... I've seen pictures of some of things gals are working on... am so impressed. How many LH patterns have you done now? Didn't you do a Christmas one too? I think my New Years resolution will be to FINISH things... but then didn't I say that last year??? :lol: :lol:

Kathy.... Where ever you are... I hope you are okay... You just never know... we just might all come knocking on your door to check up on you!!

Well, the coffee is starting to kick in, so I better get UP and AT IT.

Yes, I did make a topic for Christmas Decorations... so when you have photo's to share please do.

Oh and I think almost every body has rec'd SS packages, so we might be able to open early.
Just need to check on 4 gals.. IF you receive your package this week, you can text me at the 612- area code number on the back of your SS card that you got in the mail.

NOW I really have to get going!! :lol: Floor isn't going to wash itself! :lol:

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:14 pm

Mary q I all ready had the system just needed to up grade still cost me 900 dollars and that was with 25% off. Yes I believe I received my package first. Has been weeks. LOl
They have a new floor model embroidery machine was 15000 now 9000. Still need to prioratize. I need 4 new windows and a car. And some other house repairs.

Got home safely
Katy

womster

Post by womster » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:57 pm

Good afternoon!

Over the weekend we discovered one of the skylights is leaking quite badly in the sunroom. Lots of damage - I filed an insurance claim and started dealing with some of it yesterday. We then ran to Costco to get there early, because there's a blizzard coming. Ladies, I could not even make the turn into the street where the store is! The cars were backed up for about a quarter of a mile. We already had the critical Thanksgiving stuff, so I hightailed it over to King Soopers (Kroeger back east) to get what we needed. No parking places so I parked at the gas station and got the necessary items. What a zoo! We got home well before any flakes started flying. We have 16" of snow so far and it keeps coming down. It's doubtful anyone will be able to make it to the house so looks like we'll have LOTS of leftovers.

I will be here tomorrow morning for a proper visit. Hugs to all! xoxo Sharona

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Sharona, hope you didn't have to go anywhere today, Tuesday.

My DD1 and Gkids left here at 3 yesterday. They saw an accident on their way down Hwy 36. A couple hours later the Hwy was closed and didn't open until this morning, late. I called Dad yesterday and today. Here's what my deck looked like this morning. I posted the picture on Facebook and asked if anyone wanted to come for Happy Hour, but no one showed up. Had 18 to 24 inches.
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”