Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday November 23,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Saturday November 23,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:56 am

Good Morning
Its saturday I'm going to be sewing a runner down today Sindy from fatcat patterns gave free pattern so I fused it all down and will sew it today.
There is nothing else new to report Everyone have a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Saturday November 23,2019

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:04 am

Good morning Lois and those that follow.
We are supposed to get a cold rain pretty much all day. Hopefully hubby will not be hurting and we can put one more coat of primer in the pink bedroom. I have been working on my braid in a day quilt and I am liking the colors and how they go together. The only thing I don’t like about this collection is there is a lot of one print in all the colors. But, that is a chance you take. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Lois - have a good day sewing.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:47 am

Good Morning ladies.
Suzette, please explain what you mean "a lot of one print in all the colors"? I am not following what you mean.
Is this a kit? Or is this because if placement? Haven't worked that pattern. Just being curious.
I hope to start quilting my next project today.
Lois, I am curious if your project, too. Did you say you got the pattern free online? I got so curious, I Googled Fatcat and actually answered part of my questions. She has very cute patterns. I gave up Facebook this summer, so I won't be joining in. But really neat and cute stuff.
Have fun sewing today.
Vel
HUGS, đź’• Vel

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:10 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - I do hope your hubby is feeling better today. Didn't you say you had a jelly roll to do the braid quilt? I've never bought a jelly roll. But I did make the quilt once several years ago. It was a SS gift and the fabrics were already chosen and cut for me.

LOIS - Sindy R's designs are always so awesome! What is the tablerunner design like?

CHRISS - Good thing I don't live in a hot climate or my house would melt! :roll: You couldn't ask for better proof that you did a great job raising Marilyn than her wanting so many mementos of her childhood with you. And I bet they had a load of fun going through the time capsule! I hope the thrift shops explode with fabulous bargains for you and Marilyn! By the way, clean your iron with NEW dryer sheets, not used ones.

VAL - great news on the new director. I hope she turns out to be great to work with!

LORI - well, you and Val reminded me it's time to clean my iron, too! I keep dryer sheets in my sewing room just for that. They are also great for cleaning glass shower doors. After my shower I scrub the doors with a new dryer sheet, then rinse.

JANA - you have a lovely home! I know! :D thanks for the public service announcement. I knew a man once who insisted that the way to drive snowy highways was to go fast so you didn't have time to skid. I thought he was crazy!

LYN - happy birthday to your dad! Chickie's mom turned 101 earlier this month. My house actually isn't that large. Just 2,000 square feet. The fun thing about our house is we have a secret passage under the stairway. It goes from the family room , back about 10 feet, then turns a corner and goes another 10 feet or so and comes out in the hallway just outside our bedroom door. The kids and later the grands, loved playing in there. It's where we store Christmas decorations.

MARY Q - yes, I certainly do remember where I was on Nov 22, 1963 - in my 7th grade classroom. We had to put our pencils down, fold our hands on our desk, and the principal played the radio over the intercom. I never forget Nov 22. And unless I'm mistaken (and I never am, you know!) next May 29 would be Kennedy's 100th birthday.

IZZY - sweet of you to make all those lap quilts! I know they will get good use!

VELDA - and what is the project you are quilting today? One of the Star Wqrs quilts?

Well, we never took the long, long ride yesterday but just a shorter one through Tacoma - about 50 miles round trip. The company Bill really wanted to go with for the RV shelter finally returned his call just before we were leaving and said an RV dealer had one on their lot that we could go see. We did, Bill liked it, and now he's just comparing prices before ordering. And for once, he said he's going to have them erect it rather than us doing it. Whew! I'm too old for that kind of thing anymore! It will take 6 to 8 weeks beore it happens. Today is an unknown for me. No real plans yet but I bet Bill can come up with some project to fill my time. I'm rolling ideas around in my head to make a king-sized Christmas quilt for our bed, but I won't use batting. TOO heavy! Instead it will be flannel or perhaps nothing at all. But it's still in the cogitating phase.

You all have a special day!

mary z

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:33 am

Velda - the jelly roll has several prints and colors. One of the prints had more strips cut then the others. But, it is coming out OK.

MaryZ - no hubby isn’t feeling much better. He got up and had a biscuit and went back to bed. When he gets up I am going to see if I can put the 2nd coat of primer on. I don’t want him to feel worse because I am doing it.
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:37 am

Good morning It is bright and sunny but 24 here, I have had my coffee and made the bed and had a convrsation with Ken about everything,,,we seldom have time to sit and talk , one of us is always going in some direction. e have opted out of a hockey game today that is over an hour away. kids understand as we already made plans. I am headed out to IKEA with my sister,,,I know it will be crowded but she has a free lunch and my sister never lets a free thing go, i am going because there is always something at IKEA to look at...I love the place. might be picking up a desk for DD. but she hasnt called to say so.

The decorating continues..I will do more today perhaps get my bedroom decor up. and hang a few wall hanging quilts. I will do the majority of it next week and the tree will go up the first week of dec. so much fun...I need to make 2 pies and a peach cobbler for thanksgiving dinner, all next week//
I am of full Polish heritage and have been craving some of the old recipes...so I might make homemade mushroom soup today. My grandmother uses to make it and it was delicious. but I dont have her recipe...turning to the internet I found one that sounds good..
well I need to get dressed, ope you all have a gtreat day,,,,XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO if time permits I might make a few more PP stars..

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:57 am

Taking DH to the airport. Then I will see Dad and pass on the birthday wishes. Need to get myself back up the Mtn early this afternoon, DD1 and Gkids are spending the weekend and into Monday. I didn't know they have the whole week of Thanksgiving off. My school gave us Thursday and Friday and my girl's school was the same. Times have changed.

Hope everyone can sew or play with fabric.
Lyn

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:14 am

Sun, sun,and more sun today here. Should be a great day.

Cleaning and washing sheets on the to do list, and sure sewing will fit just fine in the list.
Thanksgiving is here and I'm not ready for the holidays. BUT I am grateful to have joined this site and the friends I have made. Thank you all!!

Diane

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:16 am

Morning
Been sick with a bad cold, still sick. Still plugging away at the t shirt quilts.
Will catch up later
Flo

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:56 am

Good Morning Girls

Yippee... A Sunny Saturday... okay so it's a bit chilly, but there's no snow in the forecast for the next few days! Which means I can go get holiday groceries without white knuckle driving!

Lois... Isn't that Moose pattern so darn cute! I have my pieces cut out and will fuse today, but that's probably as far as I'll get... HAVE to finish a couple other things first! I started a wall hanging for 2 of my neighbors and I really need to finish those first. So send me to my sewing room and tell me to NOT COME OUT until I'm done!

Suzette.... A braid quilt has been on my to-do list... I have 2 jelly rolls I could use, but it's another "get around to it" project. I've heard that pink is one of the hardest colors to cover.. thankfully my DD wasn't into pink, so I never had to re-paint her room. Sorry to hear your DH is having such a hard time....do hope he feels better soon.

Velda.... If you like applique... best you stay away from Fat Cat patterns... you'll be come addicted like I am and we'll have to come have an intervention with you. You can buy her pattern without being on FB, but the free stuff she only does in the FB group.

Maryz… Are you sure we didn't go to the same Catholic school? Same thing here, pencils down and the news over the intercom. Years later, I found out my Mom had a miscarriage on that day--it was her 40th birthday. Good for Bill... letting some one else install your camper cover! Now we don't have to worry about him falling off the ladder.... let the professionals do it!

Judi... When you mention Ikea.. I'm glad I live so far away from the one down by the Mall of America... or I would be so tempted. I LOVE organizer stuff and if I ever win the lottery I'm going do a complete sewing room over haul. Enjoy your day wandering around there.

Lyn... Such handsome guys you had lunch with. I love your Dad's answer to how to live so long! He must have been a hoot growing up. My Dad had so many jokes we numbered them, so he didn't have to tell the whole joke.. just say "Number 23" and we would all laugh!

Diane... You can always sneak in a few stiches while the washer runs right? That's my plan for today. I tried to make Saturday chore day, but better I should wait until just before company comes on Thursday... it will just be a mess again if I clean too early! Though I have to say, I'm dreading Wednesday :lol: :lol:

Flo... Gosh I'm sorry to hear you are so sick... How is the kitchen coming? I don't envy you doing t-shirt quilts, hope they are coming along well for you.

Chriss… Am thinking you are spending all your time with Mar this weekend. How fun to find a time capsule!! I buy the generic fabric softner sheet and use them new, as don't actually use them in my dryer. I've heard they can leave a film on the lint filter. But boy they sure work great on the iron.

Valerie.... YEAH a new director. That has to be a great relief for you!!! One less thing you have to worry about … perhaps this will mean you might get a little time in your sewing room? Doing a happy dance for you!

Yesterday I was able to finish the tree skirt for my BFF.. YEAH... now I can finish up those wall hangings... I need to sew buttons on the snowmen, but I HATE sewing buttons... Usually I do them on the machine, but theses are too tiny. Formulated the menu for TG dinner, and need to complete my grocery list. Decided to make "Funeral Potatoes" or cheesy hash browns, can make those the day before. Sara and Katie (her sis) will bring other stuff. Target makes a pretty darn pumpkin pie so I think that's what I'll grab... with LOTS of whipped cream.

Time for more coffee and a shower... Then Mr. Maytag and I are going to celebrate this beautiful day with a dance or two.

Wishing you all a Super Saturday

Return to “Sew ins”