Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday Nov 19

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Tuesday Nov 19

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:22 am

Good morning!

The Great Dust Bunny War of the Mountain West - Bunnies 1 Jana 0. They didn't play fair and knocked me down with some germ warfare. Feeling a bit better so far this morning.

The other day, Matt was given a District BSA award. I knew he had been nominated, but didn't tell. He was quite surprised.

Y'all do somethng fun!

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:42 am

Good morning!

Izzy - glad you got a chuckle. I'll be praying for the key situation - so tough on both sides.

Suzette - what a dilemma. Can you borrow one of DH's shirts until he wakes up? Otherwise I guess you'll be wondering around topless...!

Judi - prayers have been said for your sister. I hope this helps her. Your scattered star quilt sounds really cute.

Maryz - tea and a book sounds really good except for the tea part. Good luck with the financial guy and I hope today is the day for the garage. I have to wear a bra, but do have a 'leisure' bra that comes on whenever I'm not in public.

Becca - sounds like the twins have turned a corner - yay!!!

Lyn - prayers for you and your family.

Diane - enjoy your odds and ends day.

Valerie - hope the meeting with the potential new boss goes well.

Cindyg - glad your BD was great.

Jana - sorry you lost the battle, but I know you'll win the war!

Today I have a free day to sew - YAY!. DH has errands to run and a haircut so he'll be gone for at least three hours. I did order a new bra - my gosh the cost was outrageous...! Have a lovely day. xoxo Sharona

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:14 am

Good morning all
Just a quick update Boo is on the mend. Yippee. Sadie is not getting sick since giving here hairball meds.
Me well I am getting there slowly . At least I do not have to clean up after those two.

Got more decorating done yesterday and went to guild meeting last night. Today going to sew.
I will be back later

You all have a great sewing day
Katy

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:33 am

MaryZ - I am using a batik jelly roll from Pat Sloan called Hometown Girl. The colors are a kinda muted batik. Not real bright. I don’t know when I got it but it was 50% off when I did get it.
Suzette

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:51 am

Good Morning Girls

No sun shine here this morning, but that's ok... at least it's not going to snow today--which fine with me as I have to go to Dr. for check up and I'd rather not drive in a snow storm! :lol:

Izzy... I sure don't envy you having the "key" talk with your Mom... Maybe her close calls will kind of "scare" her into giving them up. Lot of prayers that the lump will be nothing at all! Perhaps it's a little scar tissue from previous surgery? Sounds like your goats passed their tests? If you are in the State Study are you still planning on selling some of them?

Judi.... Sending some extra prayers for your sis.... hoping that all goes well and this surgery relieves her pain. Be careful putting up those lights!!! Do you climb on a ladder? If so.. you be extra careful... you sure don't want to break anything!!!

Maryz… I'm with you about bras... in my next life I'm going to be flat as a pancake (I better be careful what I wish for, I'll come back as a hairy man :lol: :lol: ) All you guys talking about Christmas decorations is getting me in the mood.

Becca...What wonderful news that the babies are moving to a transition room... Is it still part of NICU? Or will that mean they are out of NICU? I marked my calendar for next Wednesday so I remember to send lots of extra prayers for Brodee's surgery that day!

Lyn... Thoughts and prayers with you today.

Diane... Good luck with your Jewish table topper... I'd be thinking of something to applique... but that's just me since I am now addicted to applique!

Valerie..... Good luck with the meeting with a potential new boss!! So hope somebody takes the job soon and that it will help relieve some of the stress you are under!!! Will Cross fingers for that!!!

Cindy.... Happy Day After Birthday ... Nice of your boss to take you out for lunch!

Jana... Sorry to hear you lost the battle with the Dust Bunnies... It's okay to let them win though, they will live to fight another day! The important thing is that YOU feel better!! Received my Elf Skinnies in the mail the other and got them traced :) :) :) SO guess what I'm going to do today!
Congratulations to Michael!!!

Sharon.... That's another reason to go "free" Bras are getting so expensive! There's an outlet mall by my house where I get them when they are sale, but man oh man.. $$$$$ They discontinued my favorite ones... :| Do you live any where near the outlet mall in Castle Rock?

Have a little time this morning so will head down to sewing room, after my shower. Going to Dr this afternoon just for annual check up. No biggee.. I'm sure they will draw a pint of blood. Then I'm making a quick mad dash to Joann for a couple little things... Not going to go crazy there (tho it will be hard not to as always
)

For now I need more coffee ! Have a great day everybody!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Judi - Bunny Hill Designs.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:12 pm

I am back! Had the meeting with potential boss. She seems nice enough. We all met for about 90 min. She is trying to decide between us and another company. Not sure what the deciding factor will be.

Judy if you are climbing ladders, I would make sure someone is there with you.

I am with you all about bras. First thing off when I get home!

Jana what award did Matt get?

It is afternoon coffee time, dragging today. See you all tomorrow
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Good evening, I really need to get up earlier

Did you all go look at the picture of Becca's twins? they are just too precious.

Izzy, sorry about your mom. Hope she doesn't give you too much trouble about taking the keys away.

Suzette, Since it's difficult to get to your clothes out of the closet I suggest staying in your jammies and slippers and take the day off.

Judi, how did your sisters surgery go? hope all is well and that it was a success.

Maryz, I sure wish I would have been there to help clean the garage. Or did you clean it? As for my rooster he gets over rode by a dog sleeping against my leg, it was so warm in those flannel sheets.

Lyn, I think it is wonderful your parents were picture taking parents. what a great bunch of memories you must be stumbling on. I pray that today was full of happy memories of your mom. God bless you my friend.

Diane, I helped Becca post a twin picture. They are blessed to have so many aunts. I think they have my nose. Do they have your chin?

Valerie, I mailed my SS package did you mail yours? Did the person accept the job. I'm hoping for a yes answer to both questions. Ok, I just read she is still deciding. give me her number, I will call her.

Sharona, well? did you sew? Bras are way expensive, My problem is a big size and small cup. And I don't like spending so much on one.

Katy, glad your house is getting healthy.

Jana, hope you don't have to go into overtime with the dust bunny bowl.

Maryq, I gotta know. Did you only get a FEW things at Joanns or did you go wild.? CT is having good sales right now. I got my first box from them yesterday. I will check to see what their incentives are this week. I'm hoping there are good incentives.

Marilyn's friend can't come with her for the weekend so it will just be Mar and me. YAY, I get her all to myself and we will have a girl day. Jerry took my old laptop to the computer guy and he cleaned it up so now she will get a laptop too. We will have lots of fun and I don't have to drive to Yosemite and figure out the traffic and the parking.

Hope you girls have a great night.
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”