Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

MONDAY, Nov 18th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: MONDAY, Nov 18th

Post by maryq » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:08 am

Good Morning Girls

First of all..... ***H*A*P*P*Y B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*** To Cindy G. Hope this day is full of wonderful treats and FUN..

Maryz… How weird is that... we both have kids born in January and married in January. Luckily Shawn and Kris got married on a beach in Hawaii so I didn't have to drive in snow to get to it! :lol: :lol: As usual, I'm working on 4 or 5 things at the same time... some cute aprons, picking lace off Jen's wedding dress, knitting baby hats, sewing burp clothes, a wall hanging for my neighbor-friend. Now I just have to decide what project to do TODAY! I'd love to spend a whole day re-re-organizing, but that project will wait until after Christmas!

Suzette... I'm proud and happy for ANYBODY that does paper piecing... You deserve a big pat on the back for that!

Becca... Glad you were able to sleep last night!! I bet with all the buzz going on with the benefit you've had a couple sleepless nights! Enjoy your day with the Quilt Ladies at church.

Diane.... Are all your kits spoken for? I mean, do you have enough sewists to put them all together for you? Making up kits ahead of time sounds like a great idea.. then a gal can just grab a kit and GO SEW!

Judi.... Will send a couple extra prayers for your sis tomorrow... Back surgery is so NO fun... a few of my sibs have had it...

Carole... Ditto that--on the political stuff. Love days with no cooking! Though I have discovered the joy of throwing something in the crock pot and forgetting about it all day! My BFF that lives in CO. is looking at a community in Sun City... how far is that from you? They are planning to move in 2021 if all goes as planned.

Katy... Gosh darn.. you got the coughing bug!!! Is it better? Are you starting to decorate for Christmas already. I don't usually until mid-December, but I have to admit I'm getting the bug, especially since all my boxes of stuff are down from the shelves in the garage and ready to go!

Jana.... I can just picture you, kind of like Carol Burnett's "cleaning lady" ready to tackle the uglies. I Ordered the elves from Ribbon Candy and am so excited to start them. Just have to wait for my order of fusible to arrive in today's mail! Lucky me, I have the perfect fabric for them on hand!

Kathy.... rain rain go away... come again some other day! I've seen those Sunshine panels... So cute.. You sure will be busy making two of them.

Sharon.... You can wear wires??? OUCH.. they always poke me. You're doing TG dinner at your house? I'm still waiting for Kevin and Sara to decide if they want dinner here this year... they usually (always) got her folks (they live 2 miles from me) but I'd love to cook this year.. it's been ages since I've hosted TG. Now I wish I had a Costco membership so I could go shop there too!

Not much sunshine here today... good day to flip on all the lights and sew. As soon as I have a little more coffee and take my shower--I'll head to sewing room. Need to get my SS box ready to go... tomorrow is Dr. Check up day so I'll mail while I'm out and about.

SECRET SANTAS: Just an FYI reminder... Opening week starts December 9th..... I'm keeping track of packages received, so if MOST are received by then we'll go for it! Mailing deadline was Nov. 22, so that gives 2 weeks for all packages to be at their destinations.

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 am

Happy Birthday CindyG❣️
Hope you have a sew-filled day.
Lyn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:46 am

Happy Birthday 🎂 Cindy. Hope it marvelous.
Lori 8-)

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:19 am

Hi girls. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I was going to come here at lunchtime but my boss took me to eat at Outback. Yummy. I had the Queensland Chicken and Shrimp which is grilled chicken and grilled shrimp over a delish pasta. I'm stuffed. Got back to my office to find flowers that my DD Sherrie and Joe sent me. I was surprised! Now I have to get back to work. I could sure use a nap though!

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Boy am I late! Just realized I missed all of you today. But... Great news? I conquered my monster quilt. Now all I need to do, is make my label.
I posted a picture in Photos.
Sorry, I missed wishing Cindyg a very Happy Birthday.
Sounds like you had a great day. Wonderful lunch and nice surprises.
Hugs to all
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:51 pm

Good evening. it's been a great day..

Jerry heard on the news ( and this could be one of those stories going around) that clerks at stores like Walmart are clicking the cash back option at the end of purchases then handing the cash to their friends who are in line behind the shopper. Not sure if it is real or not but doesn't hurt to check your receipts. The you've been selected to get a Costco gift card thing is fake too. These things can really look real.

Maryq, did you say the "V" word? you are really having veggies in your beef soup? yay for you.

Judi, not sure if we will have time to see Malificiant but if we do I am there. She used to be such a tomboy and now she needs to take time to put on makeup. She's gone from tying her hair in a pony tail to curling it. Don't know when that happened. Prayers for your sister. I'm the oldest too.

Cindy, hope your birthday was marvelous.

Maryz, I will get that pattern in the mail tomorrow. Today wasn't my day to be productive. Not sure of my colors yet but will get them all figured out soon. I like your idea of using up what I have rather than buying new. I am thinking I can start it around thanksgiving time. I did get my CT order today so I will be able to participate in the white elephant swap at quilt club.

Suzette, you be sure to post a picture of that table topper. You are my paper piece inspiration. One day I plan to do that pineapple pattern I posted the other day.

Becca, I'm with you. It would be nice if everyone were just honest. I did notice that when you stripped the beds you forgot mine. tsk tsk. :lol:

Diane, I so wish you lived closer. I have 4 computer paper boxes full of quilting magazines. and some quilting books. I would give them to you so you could hunt for patterns.

Carole, how is your husband? didn't he have a surgery or something recently?

Katy, Hope your almost over that sickness. It's awful to be sick.

Kathy, tea and a tootsie pop. what a great way to start the day.

Sharona, if you love Mexican food we are having taco Tuesday tomorrow. Jerry always makes plenty. I hate bra shopping. I look and look at them and never see what I like. So I am wearing the same old stretched out funky bras that I was wearing years ago.

Maryq, my SS package will be sent in tomorrows mail. Today wasn't a time filled day. I also am waiting on a certain son to make a commitment for TG Dinner. Dang kids.

Cindy, sounds like you had a wonderful lunch, I bet you are napping now. it's so hard to go back to work after a big meal.

Velda, you go girl. congrats on taming the monster.

Jerry has a flashlight called a Stream Light Survivor. It is a $60 flash's light but, if you ever need a light with a strong beam that shines a long distance this is for you. Moose was barking at something out in the pasture. I shined the light in the pitch dark and saw the sparkle of the eye of a cow. It's a great light.

Not much else going on in my world. Hope you all have a great night,
Chriss
Psalm 91

Return to “Sew ins”