Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, November 17

Daily discussions.
WeeOne

Re: Sunday, November 17

Post by WeeOne » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:10 am

Becca, happy to hear that the benefit was a big success. Prayers continue for those little ones.

I'm still waking up, my DD2 and I were up till 3 sorting photos. Call DH and he's on his way to the airport to fly in this afternoon. I better get busy and make breakfast for everyone.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:13 am

Good morning, it's just going to be a wonderful day today.

I have decided I need a printer / copier. The one we have is just a pain to use and it drives me nuts. Amazing how cheap they are now. I have been looking at Amazon and look at a printer then go see how much the ink costs.

Connecting threads is still having their big sale. I have been looking at the site and already have one order on it's way from them. Just may need to make a second one.

Maryq, well? did you get to the grocery store? Only thing you can make with eggs and milk is an omelet.

Lyn, the obit for your mom was beautiful. As you know this group is an amazing support system, we are here for you.

Valerie, glad you found a box that everything for your elf fits in. I found one too, mine will be in Monday's mail. Looks like we are using the same box, hope the post office doesn't get them mixed up. Glad dad is ok and survived a new PT caregiver. I so hope you get the new director. Did they let her know that a perk of the job was getting to work with you? might make all the difference.

Lori, I googled Gail Pan, she has some cute designs.

Suzette, glad you got the meds all straightened out. Always good to feel better. I will tell Jerry about that movie, Maybe he will want a date.

Diane, what pattern will you use for your friends quilt?

Becca, thrilled the kids benefit went well. Don't you just love when something goes so well that it's hard to get to sleep. You lay there and keep thinking of all the fun it was. God must have great plans for those twins, I can't wait to see the paths they take.

Velda, save me some breakfast, I'm on my way.

Judi, a girls day, what fun. Let me know how Malificant two is. Mar and I saw the first one.

Sherry, a full day at your house. Cleaning, sewing, packing that elf box. take time out to rub Smokes belly and scratch Sweeties ears for me.

Maryz, Nice to see the coach and hopefully team taking a knee for the right reason. I looked over that pattern you sent to me and I really think it's doable. I'm thinking two colors only. Just not sure which two yet, leaning towards blue but the jury is still out. I am so sorry about your gravy experience. Grandma used to put a little instant coffee (dry) in her gravy to make it darker. the coffee grains melt in the gravy and make it not so white. I'm glad we are putting off the Yosemite trip too. It is in the 70's now in the park, I'm hoping it will cool a little by next week. No leaf raking here, Moose is just too helpful when I grab a rake.

Jana, I love that your boys are making quilts. Even if they never make a quilt again they will know how to sew a seam in the event they need to.

Valerie, I bet that was an interesting movie. Hard to believe that so many turning parts in history really weren't that long ago. I would like to see the Mr. Rogers movie. We had a pitcher, the kind from the hospital, that I filled each day with water for grandma. She rarely drank it but said it was because she didn't want to get up to pee often.

Jerry is in the kitchen chopping stuff up. I am guessing he is making fried potatoes and will require me making fried eggs. I love when the yolks run over the potatoes. Such a marvelous meal.

I plan on playing in my room today, hope you all get to play too.

Have a marvelously wonderful day,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:35 am

Good Morning Girls

OMG did I ever over sleep this morning! YIKES>.. It's 10:00am here and I'm already behind!
BUT... I have dinner in the crock pot---beef soup-- I'm even adding some VEGETABLES!! :lol:

Suzette... So glad you are feeling so much better... isn't life grand when you feel GREAT!

Diane... I have to tell you a funny …. Years ago my Dad (who was Catholic) had a Jewish friend who of course celebrated Hanukah, So my Dad made a wooden Menorah in his shop and would set it up in our living room window.. right near our Christmas tree... It was his way of honoring his friend and Dad loved so many of the Jewish Traditions.

Becca.. Oh what wonderful news that the benefit did so well!!! And even better news is that the twins have gained weight! Can't believe Brodee is up to 6lb and Hadlee at 5lb. That must mean they can go home soon!! And won't that be a day of rejoicing! What little miracles they are!
We need a prayer circle day of THANKSGIVING for our babies!!!

Velda... Anything fun planned at your house after church! I'm headed to sewing room soon and that will be FUN FUN FUN!

Judi... If you are addicted to snow men.... have you checked out the Fat Cat designs snowmen! I'm addicted to those BIG TIME!

Sherry... It's all about priorities right? Sweeping and dusting can always wait but sewing and playing Santa come first.... At least that's my theory!

Maryz…. Football players down on one knee with heads bent in prayer... that's the way it SHOULD be... not on one knee in protest! Gotta love that coach! Yes I did get MOST of what I planned done yesterday... at least I got out for groceries. Only thing to do today is laundry and that can run whilst I sew!

Jana... Give that boy a pat on the back for making wise decisions! When my boys were seriously dating... I asked them "are you crazy about her" and if the Answer was YES I knew they had found the one. Shawn & Kris will celebrated 16yr in January and Kevin and Sara just celebrated 12. (MY Jen is a whole other story :cry: )

Val... Did you like the Harriet movie? Its on my list to see! I love History type movies! Funny how Dad doesn't like a bath.. I wonder if it's a Sr. thing... My Aunt who had dementia told the staff she wasn't going in the "pool" any more... we couldn't figure out what she was talking about until it hit us that she meant the bath.

Lyn.. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday as you says your final good-byes.

Chriss.. Good idea to check the price of ink FIRST! A twin pack of color & black for my printer is $46.... But it does make copies and is wireless... which means I can sit on the couch in the porch and print something from my Ipad. I think most printers are like that know.

Guess I better get in gear.... that laundry isn't going to wash itself... well it kind of does, but I do have to load the clothes IN the washer! AND yipppee I get to sew!

Wishing you all of God's blessings today and every day

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Just got home from the movies and Malificent II was a good movie...Angolina Jole is super good...We loved it very exciting,,,Chriss I bet you and Mar will love it hope you have time to see it with her,,,Sophia loved it too
it was a great grammie and grand daughter day,,,...XXXXXXOOOOOO

Return to “Sew ins”