Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday November 15th

Daily discussions.
Quiltmom

Re: Friday November 15th

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:14 am

Good morning all! It is a chilly day here but at least the snow is starting to melt. Today just going to get my Elf's sewing project done. Hope to get her box in the mail on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. had a small problem with my sewing project so had to take it easier. Got everything bought so now just need to wrap and pack them. My DIL made a beautiful basket for me to put everything in before I pack them.

Chris plays tonight in another playoff game. It will be tough though because they are ranked higher. I have faith that they will win. Will be listening to it on the radio since it is 50 miles away and so bitter cold. Guess I am just a "fair weather grandma".

Well better go finish my coffee. Hope to get back here and read all the posts. I am so far behind on what everyone is doing.

Sherry

Ittybittygma

Post by Ittybittygma » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:16 am

Good Morning, on way out the door. Nice today up 60 so will go get groc before get more cold and snow again. I posted last night but will copy, paste, and post on todays. Hope this finds you all doing ok today. Lyn wish I could take a nap for you. God bless you with strength, courage and lots of hugs and help as you go thru the days ahead. Prayers and many many hugs coming your way.

Below is what I posted yesterday.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Posting from last night.

Hi Everyone, Shirley Mae here, long time, no post. Been super busy with life and mostly my DH, Rod.
LYN, I am so sorry to read that you lost your mother. I saw her pic. What a beautiful woman.
May God be with you and all your family. May God surround you with angels of help, hugs, comfort and peace in the days ahead.

This has to be so hard on your dad when he does not remember or understand.
You were there for me when I had my heart attack a few yrs ago. Wish I could be there for you thru all this sadness. Special hugs and tears for you, Lyn. And prayers that God will bring you strength and comfort and a feeling of peace in the days ahead as you deal with all this, as well as your Dad. Sending him a special hug too. God bless you today and always.
Hello everyone, Life has been crazy around here. Drs keep telling me my main health problems are stress and lack of sleep. I tell them I can't change that, I am married to my stress. In fact we just celebrated a big anniversary-----55 YRS---! Had quiet celebration with our son and dil last sat in a little Mexican place. Nice food and good conversation. Other family couldn't be home to celebrate with us. Live too far away.

Our kids are in 4 diff states and grandkids are in 5 so can't get together very often. Glad our son lives here. He is retiring in Dec after 33 yrs in military. We are so proud of him. Maybe he can help me more with my DH, Rod. Some days caregiving is really hard but we do it out of love and I will always love him.
Rod turns 75 in mid Dec and said he feels 90 somedays.

Rod's health is not good. He is really going down hill fast and his diabetes is getting worse. He has diabetic neuropathy in his feet so bad, he can barely walk to bathroom some days. He is in constant pain. We try to go to stores that have scooters for disabled folks. I would drive him to VA, drop at door and then go park and hike back. WE had a reg wheel chair but he is so much bigger than me, hard for me to push him around. The VA parking lot is on a hill. The parking lot is uphill going in, and downhill going back. Almost impossible with a wheelchair since very steep hill. Shuttles within the VA parking lot can't take a scooter on board.

We finally broke down and bought a folding mobility chair that runs on batteries. It fits in our trunk. Our car is too small to attach a metal ramp etc to haul a scooter around. It only weighs 41 lbs and if remove the batteries, only 31 lbs. Only way he can go to Va or drs anymore. Can't stand it to try to walk far in a parking lot etc.

So we mostly just go to drs, and groc stores etc. Occasionally go out to eat with friends or family who live here. I gave up quilting. No time and I just can't do it anymore. I have had 2 strokes and 2 heart attacks so just can't follow a pattern anymore to make quilts. I am getting rid of most of my quilting stuff.

MaryQ, I haven't forgotten you. I am finally finding a little time to sort thru some of my fabric, etc. I am starting a box to send to you. I have lots of books, mags, etc but not a lot of fabric any more. My dd3 was here this fall and took some back with her. I do have some fabric for you tho but no idea when I will get it sent to you. Do you want any books or mags or do you have tons already. Think I may take some of it up to library or a quilt guild in the area.

A neighbor got me started making cards. I enjoy that, small project so find time and energy and enough brains to figure that out. LOL I would like to send some my friends on here a card one of these days but with holidays coming up may be first of yr before I get around to that. Never make plans here. Take life one day at a time, one dr apptmt or therapy session at a time. Some days it is hr by hr and I get really tired, too tired to think. Do what I can or has to be done, and the rest waits for tomorrow.

Need to scoot. Prayers for all your needs today, the little twins, those who recently lost loved ones or at the bedside of someone you love, those who have been ill, family members who are first responders, our military, and all you and your families today and all your tomorrows. I think of you often, read when I get a chance, and pray for you always. Take care and enjoy winter. Had snow here twice already.

God bless each and every one of you. Shirley Mae, Rod and Domino the kitty cat.

womster

Post by womster » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:02 am

Happy Friday!

My computer went thru an update Tuesday night and finally came back to life last night. Whew! I'm headed out to my sewing hole so no time to read or reply! We're in the 60s today with snow tomorrow so yippy. Have a wonderful and blessed day! xoxo Sharona

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:22 am

Good Morning Girls

DANG!!! I had a whole long post and BAM it disappeared! No time to start over as I have MAJOR messes to clean up today.

Was MIA yesterday as I was up and out early to take boys to the airport for flight back to Canada. Then I stopped by Kevin's on the way home to wish him a Happy birthday... My baby boy turned 39 yesterday! After that I went to Joann and "saved" $122.... picked up some flannel at 40% off and some Christmas at 60% off. Truth to tell I really didn't have much Christmas yardage on hand... only scraps and strips. Kevin had given me a gift card for my birthday so of course I had to spend that!
Some is washed already but I'm headed down to laundry room to wash the rest and then get busy with a few little chores and then LOTS of sewing!

Maybe when it's break time I'll come back and check in with y'all.

Wishing you ALL a most wonderful day!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:22 am

Chriss, hope you have a wonderful weekend with Marilyn.

Lyn, that is a beautiful photo of your mother.

Maryq, that's a huge savings.

Not much going on here. Just grocery shopping and cleaning the last few days. I did get
some fabric dyed green for an embroidery project. I also go a few things traced for the same.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”