Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday November 15th

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Friday November 15th

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:27 am

Good morning It is still cold here but we will get a little warmr the end of next week. I havent hung any outside lights yet but will try to do that this weekend. wont light them till Thanksgiving.

Well on a quilting note I pulled a pattern called the Christmas Star. foundation paper pieced...copied the parts and pulled some holiday fabric.......then rea;lized i have totally forgotten how to do it....brain went totally blank...(called a brain fart or senior moment) so tossed that and today I will look at some tutes and try to remember and make a few blocks//the pattern has 4 sizes so I will incorporate them (if I figure it out) in a red and white quilt I am contiplating. I was going to do only charms but decided to do some stars in there too.. I know I should be working ion a few UFOs but.........
well I hope you all have a great day off to get coffee...XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOO

fabricgirl

Re: Friday November 15th

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:58 am

Good morning Judi and all who follow,
Today is the des for my 3 month check I'm not looking forward to that but oh well it is what it is.
Yesterday I went to Burlington coat factory and got a new winter coat and played with 1 of my snowmen blocks but he wasn't playing nice so I will try again.
Well I have leave will check back later.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:08 am

Good morning!

I did find my doll pattern. I will need a run for fabric to make her body and some yarn for hair. I have plenty of fabric to make several outfits. I also pulled out and have them ready to make 2 baby receiving blankets - both for boys. They are ready to be stitched around with a wing needle, to make the holes for a crocheted edging. Also finished the hand stitching on the binding on my four last skinnies. What you can do while waiting in the car at piano lessons.

Not much here today. Ethan is out early from school. Dinner wil be cooked in my crockpot. Ethan helped Grandpa button down the outside, so we are ready for the winter snows.

We warmed up before the blast of cold air coming this weekend, even opened the window a crack.

Stay warm and do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:09 am

After the rain during the night I thought I would have to build a boat. The day should be rain all day and finally go away on Sunday. We need the rain and this way I can sew (guilt free) LOL
The lqs has a sale 30% off of everything in the shop. Spent $90 yesterday and saved a lot (would have been $130.) Now if I can only get to the projects the fabric was chosen for. Dream on.

I hope everyone has a great day whether in rain, snow and sun.
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:14 am

My Santa package has arrived!

Good morning everyone. It will a bit on the chilly side today. Better take my sweater to work as they keep the air on all the time.

Dad will start his home PT today. Hopefully he can get a bit stronger and start walking outside again. His endurance is pretty bad right now. Hard to take him places by myself.

Pretty uneventful day at work yesterday. Admin shared some figures with us which mostly I didn't understand how they arrived at. Told him it's a good thing I am not the accountant!

Well, I am going to go hide this box that I so desperately want to open. By the way, I made it to the post office and got my box.

Hope to hear those machines purring!
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

carole

Post by carole » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:17 am

Good morning,

Been missing for a few days, but got my infusion and am feeling great. It is in the 80's here in SURPRISE, AZ lol. Yes, it is really a place. BUt next week we are expecting rain and temps in the 60's. We don't get much rain here so it is kinda of like a snow day back east.

MaryQ. Yes, come here. We would be so happy to have you and there is so many things hat you would love joining. Shall I start looking for just the right place? I would LOVE it.

Today, is another busy day. I have to be at church at 9:30 to help get the bulletin together and right after that I am expected at our large quilting group. I am just going to take hand work today, don't want to cart the machine to the meeting room.

What good news about the twins. Glad they are both back together. What that family has gone through. I pray for them every day.

Well I am off to get ready to hit the road. Take care, stay warm, and enjoy your day.

Carole

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:24 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy here today.
Yesterday got all my cookies made & cakes today.Also got my Town run done.

I started writing once & screen went black.Will Try again.
Lois Enjoy your sewing day.And DIANE Too.Rainy days are great for that.

Valerie Do hope your Dad can gain some strength & stamina.Your plate is always running over.

Judi Hope That block cooperates with you.

Jana Its always a good feeling to,know we are ready for Winter.I got everything here done except Leaves & I have to have helpwith them.

Lyn Your Mother looks so sweet in her picture.Praying for you & Dad & Family.

Carole Thanks for the prayers for our babies.Enjoy your sewing group.Thats great you get together.

I need to get going.I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Becca .

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:37 am

Good morning,

Pouring rain this morning, but it's supposed to dry out later today. 47*, so I can't complain!

JUDI - It will all come back to you. I think paper piecing can be tricky until you get the hang of it. I know I did an entire quilt a few years ago, but I'd have to re-learn it all again. And I have a pp few patterns that I'd love to do one day.

LYN - loved the photo of your beautiful mom. You look a lot like her, you know. I feel for your Dad but maybe It's a comfort for him if he doesn't remember. . . Sending hugs to you in the difficult days ahead.

CHRISS - Staying in bed snuggled up to a warm dog sounds like a very competitive option to getting up and going to the computer! At our house, Scottie the Crazy gets us up EARLY. I was happy that this morning he let me sleep until 4:38. He is not adjusting to the time change well at all!

SHIRLEY MAE - good to see you post but I'm sorry you and Rod are going through so many health challenges. Sending prayers and good vibes your way.

KATHY - I have prayers for you, too, for your sister to find a job! Does she live alone?

JANA - you don't mean it?! The last of your skinnies is done?? You'll have to get another book of patterns.

CAROLE - You are off again today, busy as ever! Glad you are feeling so well after your infusion. Hopefully you've found the med that works forever! Have you heard anything from the newlyweds?

BECCA - I can't wait for the benefit! I'm sure it is going to be a huge success!

LOIS - good luck at your appt today,

VAL - yay for presents arriving! I hope the PT is helpful to dad. And work gets itself straightened out!

DIANE - you go some good bargains. Our LQS is closing it's doors for good at the end of the year so there's some good prices there, too. I just don't need more fabric. But when they drop the prices again, I'll swing in and check it out.

MARY Q - hope you are warm there in MN!

SHARONA - well? Are you having summer weather or winter weather there in CO? Seems like you can have it all - almost at the same time!

Yesterday we drove to Silverdale to surprise my DGS at his office and to deliver my mother's turkey roasting pan. He is cooking his first TG dinner this year at his house and inviting his chef brother and several of his friends. And since we were passing a mall while in Silverdale we decided to pop in and see if we could find 6 new valances for our new family room. We did - on sale (reg. $60 each, we paid $8.50). We got them home, opened, ironed, and hung them Then noticed that the 4" plaids didn't match at all! Drove us crazy! We couldn't live like that. So we took them all down and dro?!ve all the way back to Silverdale (60-mile round trip). The clerks got all the packages off the display and we matched them. Drove home, ironed the new ones and rehung them all. Some of them still aren't purrfect. They aren't cut on the straight of the grain so the plaid is beige at the top on one end of the valance and brown at the other end! Seems like when they are charging $60 (regular price) for a single 52" valance, the fabric should be cut perfectly! Other than the cut, they are good quality fabric, insulated, and sewn well. But I may have to break down and sew my own - next summer perhaps. Anyway, that took our entire day! No sewing here!

This morning, I have chiropractor. We have a 3:30 Happy Hour date with friends at the Mexican restaurant. In between I will be in my sewing room concocting some kind of trouble!

Wishing us all full bobbins - all weekend long!

Mary z

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:17 am

Would someone take a nap for me. I'm exhausted! Only getting about five to six hours of sleep a night, if I sleep.

Dad did better yesterday. At one point he told me that Grandma is better off than all of us.

We were not able to go to the florist yesterday, will be doing that today. Come tomorrow it will get busy, my kids from Kansas will be coming in and staying at my house. DH flys in on Sunday.
Lyn

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:46 am

No real time to post. Just wanted to say

Lyn. When people start arriving give them jobs. They will feel useful and you will get some rest. Have them fix breakfast and sleep in. Have them fix dinner and go to bed early. Don’t exhaust yourself
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”