Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday.....Nov 8, 2019

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Friday.....Nov 8, 2019

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:49 am

Good morning!

My Tanner will be here this morning to start his quilt. I have all the fabric cut into 5 inch squares, ready to put in a big paper bag. He will shake the bag and then take out squares to sew together, not peeking in the bag. That way, it is scrappy! Did that with Ethan to. His quilt is on the LA. Sarah has been busy. From the beginning of miving into their home, after it was built, the heating system always overheated the hedrooms and the public areas of the house were cold. She called several heating companies to come and acess the problem. None would even come out. She finally had one company that did, and reccommended for her to look on a local site for a company that did just duct work. She found one, who came out the same day and now has solved the problem. The company also did what she needed done in the basement that they are finishing, for heat there too. Ethan and Stu each have bedrooms down there, as well as her sewing studio ,a large family room, and bathroom.

Not much going on here,

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:58 am

Good morning all! My furnace is back to working correctly. Austin came yesterday and put in the part that was causing the leak. I am crossing my fingers to not see him until next fall when I get my furnace checkup. It is so nice to have to have the whole house warm again. I thanked God this morning for it when I did my devotions.

Sweetie has to go to the Vet in about an hour for her checkup and blood draw. She is doing so well it is hard to believe she has anemia. She has come along way since Smoke and I found her wandering the backyard with her eyes matted so bad. She knows she is "queen of the house" and Smoke knows he is "king of the house". I am just the servant here. LOL

Kathy - Prayers for you to get some help and feel better soon. Also praying for your sister since she lost her job. Though it is not supposed to be but age discrimination is still out there. Hope she finds another better job soon.

Velda - So glad you arrived safely to your winter spot. Enjoy your quilting.

Diane - Your QOV group sure is busy. Up here I rarely see anything in the paper about QOV donations. I don't think there is too much activity here. Keep up the good work.

Suzette - I have been thinking about going to see Midway also. I love that type of movie. Let me know how you like it.

Got most of my stuff ready for my Secret Santa box. Hope to get it in the mail by end of next week.

Well, better get going. Chris plays a playoff game tonight in Lima but not going. it is 50+ miles away and supposed to be so cold and windy. Will listen to it on the radio. If they win hope the next game is closer so I can go.

Guess I am done mowing for the year. Just too cold and windy now. John Deere can rest until spring.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 am

Kathy - sorry your sis lost her job. Seems as though you are on a medical rollercoaster!

Sherry - glad you have heat now. My Tootie is suppose to go to the vet tomorrow but I'm calling to cancel. My DH made the appt. but now he will be on a trip overnight so won't be home to take her. I told him I can't take her because Sue and I have important plans for tomorrow. We're going to a fab Christmas store. If y'all want to be jealous, look online at Craftex, Houston.

Jana - I'm surprised the builder of Sarah's home didn't take care of the problem. Glad she got it fixed now. Enjoy your grandson in his quilting adventure!

Maryz - you crack me up, girlfriend, about the neighbor stories. How is that going, BTW. It's weird weather this year all around. We are in the midst of our second cold front. Suppose to have freezing temps next week - that's a couple of months early for us!!!

Flo - a big pat on the back to you for getting into the city at 6 AM for volunteer work. Glad you are nice and cozy.

Chriss - I would rather be a nag than to pay their electric bill. They aren't too on-the-ball, are they? Enjoy your quilt club tomorrow.

At work. Listening to Christmas music on FM radio - yea! Sirius also has "Holly" up and running. It's great to get me in the festive mood to go to the Christmas store with Sue tomorrow. After that, I'm sure I'll need a nap. I MUST work on my great grandson's quilt sometime this weekend. Gotta run

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

womster

Post by womster » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:56 am

Good morning!

I missed posting yesterday. The roads were covered with ice so I had to leave early to meet my dear friend in Denver and then get our hairs cut. I didn't get home until after 3. DH had the tractor converted over to the snow blower and that is the last of our winterizing tasks. Today I'm headed in to the city to get my eyes checked - something weird has been going on so hopefully it's just a case of dry eyes. My Navy DGD is enjoying her quartermaster school so that is great. I'm getting the house ready for company on Sunday and that's about all I know. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am

Sherry, yes, we are the servants of of furry ones. 😁

Chriss, hope the new owners come get their mail.

I'm up in NorCal visiting my sister and family. Drove up yesterday morning. We are going to check out a few quilt shops on a shop hop this weekend.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

maryq

Post by maryq » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:18 am

Good Morning Girls

Once again I'm a little late to the party... but I have a good excuse... My boys were here and I had to make sure they got all loaded up and out for their hunting trip. Now it's just me with my coffee--trying to decide which project to do today!

Kathy.... 5 AM!!! That's way too early to be up! I can so sympathize with the not-sleeping! Makes me want to nap, but if I nap, then I can't get to sleep at night! Sorry about the diverticulitis... I've heard that can be painful and it really cuts into things you can eat and enjoy...

Izzy.... Great advice for Kathy. I do love my peanuts and popcorn, so I sure hope I never get it!
Am working on my SS gift too.. November is going by so fast I better get to it! Am waiting for one thing to arrive in the mail today, then I think I can finish it up!

Velda... You are settled in your new spot? How fun to get together with your Texas quilting buddies! And especially to see Lyn again!

Diane... Gosh I wish I lived closer... I'd grab one of those kits and stitch away! And I sure wish I could clone myself... I could get so much more sewing done!

Becca.... Did Brodee go to Charlotte today? Those little miracles are in my thoughts and prayers all day!

Suzette.... I've seen the ads for MIDWAY on TV and would LOVE to see it too! Love historical movies. You'll have to let us know if it's good!

Chriss…. Maybe your new neighbors are just so busy getting ready to move they are forgetful? Sure hope they can move in soon and take care of their own mail and bills! I vote for shopping after your quilt meeting!

Flo... Are you getting a cold snap down there too! We have no snow yet, but temps are supposed to be really cold over the weekend. Worse up north where my boys are.. they had to pack extra long-johns!

Maryz…. Do you rake up all those leaves, then jump in the pile! All the leaves that my lawn boy blew gathered up and threw in my woods, are now all blown back in the yard! Oh well. I'm sure not going to go rake them... I'll let nature takes its course. I'd rather sew wouldn't you? There is something about kicking leaves.. even at my age, that I think is fun!

Jana... I peeked at your Elf skinnies.... SO DARN CUTE!! I might check have to get those patterns too! Though I don't dare start anything else now... so many pots on the stove here already..

Sherry.... YEAH for heat! Feels good to put the mower away doesn't it! Once less chore to worry about.

Cindy.... Don't tell me you have Christmas music on already! UGH!!!! I do love Christmas music, but not quite yet!

Sharon... Oh gosh, I hope it's nothing serious with your eyes! Good thing to get them checked out right away!

Lori... have fun with your Sis!!!

Yesterday I had a big long post typed, then the plumber showed up... by the time I got back to the computer it had logged me off QIAD and I lost everything... Good news is the toilets are fixed so I'm hoping to see a difference in my water bill. Turns out I could probably have fixed them myself if I had know what was causing the problem. But my upstairs one actually had to be replaced... OUCH... man toilets are expensive + the cost of the plumber!

My boys arrived about 6pm and we had a nice dinner and lots of birthday cake. They headed out this morning and will be back Wednesday. I was going to rent a car for myself, they took mine... but decided to save the money and just stay in. My sister is coming up on Sunday so if I need something I can have her take me to the store. I can go a week without leaving house no problem. I have TP and Coffee so I'm all good. Kevin and Sara gave me a gift card at Joann for my birthday so that is burning a hole in my pocket! Nothing I really NEED for now so I'll wait to go shopping after the boys get home... and after pay day!

Time for more coffee then get to work... Mr. Maytag is waiting for me!

Have a wonderful Friday every one

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:58 am

Chriss - if you look on QuiltWorx website they have all kinds of paper piecing patterns. That’s funny that you want to do a paper piecing pattern. In my “to do” bin I have El’s Braid in a Day pattern to do. I have a jelly roll of Tula Pink fabric to use.
Suzette

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:28 pm

Just jumping in to say hi, will post more in the morning
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”