Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sat. 26 2019

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Sat. 26 2019

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:39 am

Good morning all. it's going to be a wonderful day.

First I plan to make two trick or treat bags, then one more thing for my elf and get that all packaged up and ready to send. Then I will gather all of grandma's paperwork, separate things that go with the house and in the evening finish binding a scrap quilt I made. Those are my have to's. My want to's include figuring out what quilt to make my parents and pulling the fabric for it.

Becca, great news about the twins. I imagine they will be rambunctious toddlers in a year or so. It will be fun to hear all they get into.

Maryz, Glad Vicky got served, hope it all works out. Yay for getting things moving forward on Uncle Ernie's stuff. When I started all of this the lawyer told me to keep track of my mileage and time. It seems my time is worth $20 per hours, not sure what mileage pays.

Maryq, do you remember the movie freaky Friday? Marilyn loved that movie. And every Halloween we would watch Hocus Pocus. Enjoy hunting how to make your wall hanging sleeve but I anticipate your getting lost in Pinterest, it's a deep hole and hard to climb out of once you start searching. My lap top is way old, at least 6 years old. Thankfully my dad had a laptop I could use to finish up grandma's stuff. He wants to do research to see which laptop I should buy next. He loves that kind of thing. Did you ever find your dinning table?

Jana, If I had your phone number I would have called you yesterday. I put a zipper in a tote, if you have confetti toss it in the air now. It's not perfect but it's usable. I had this nice sized tote bag and wished it zipped, well now it does. While I was figuring it out I was thinking (not talking out loud) to myself, What would Jana do?

Velda, can you call the park in Texas and ask that they hold your package a couple of days? Sounds like you will arrive close to the time that your package does.

Izzy, Hope your day today is much calmer than yesterday, between rugs and kids you have been a busy girl.

Kathy, while you have your mug of tea I will sip my coffee. sorry about the no sleep, hope tonight is completely the opposite.

Suzette, if the fruit on your dutch baby pancakes is apples or peaches I am there. sounds yummy.

Lois, hope you find the right fan. is there a lighting store in your area that will give you a bigger choice?

Maryz, love the pot holders you made for me. they are a good gift.

Jana, wait till Ethan see those huge whales and cute dolphins. And I bet Ethan could easily finish any quilt with grandma's help. he's such a little dude isn't he, give him a squeeze from me when you see him. Hope you find your microwave. they ain't cheap.

Judi, kids can eat. I was thinking that I need to start buying treats because I will have little boys living next door soon. Weren't Ken and Liam working on a jeep? how is that going?

Maryq, Jerry puts a couple of table spoons of baking soda in the drain then slowly pours a cup of vinegar down it. It causes a reaction that eats away the clog. Not sure if this will help your dishwasher.

Lots of fires in Cali, none near me. I haven't heard form Valerie yet, might be a good idea to shoot a prayer her way. The way I estimate it she is about 50 miles from the fire but the winds are supposed to increase and it's traveling her way. There are also cities between her and there.

time for me to fly, you all have a marvelous day,
Chriss
Psalm 91

QuiltGram8

Re: Sat. 26 2019

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:59 am

Great news! I called our RV park, and they are quite sure that mail will be waiting in our lock box. When we get settled and get our key, it will be there. If it is a larger envelope, they are using the regular mail room( which is locked) for bigger items.
Thank you Sherry for giving me the heads up on this. I feel better knowing that it will get to me.
Velda
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Sew ins”