Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday October 21

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday October 21

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:52 am

Good morning I have to be up to take the kiddos to school o not a lot of time to chat. This will be for the whole week...I will be home around 830 am to read your morning news. working on a quilt today trying to get it loaded to the LA. not sure if it will get there,,,some uglies too I did get 10 windows done so far...winter is coming,,,,Have a great day XXXXXOOOOOOO

suzette58

Re: Monday October 21

Post by suzette58 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:17 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was not good and today is starting out the same way. I think it’s my thyroid. I have bloodwork scheduled two weeks from now and have been taking my medicine but it doesn’t seem like it is working. When I first started taking it I felt great and my blood check was better. Now I have no energy and my numbers are going back up. When the dr opens today I am calling them. I feel like crud. Sorry for complaining. Yesterday I realized not only do I have 2 wedding quilts to make make next year but also a graduation quilt. The graduation quilt I think is going to be an Irish Chain. Elenor’s pattern of course. Well, that is about it. Have a wonderful day.

Judi - have a good day. Hubby is painting the foundation this morning and the outside stairwell. Me I am not so sure.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:14 am

Good morning, Judi and Suzette. Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope the doc can adjust your meds to help. Judi, seems you are really busy with kids.
We are in rain this morning. My last quilt group this morning until I get back next spring. We will be boxing up the 125 quilts we are finished to donate this year.
We are starting to gets things cleaned up around the campsite and ready for storage while we are gone. Cleaned out my flower pots, mowed down the flowers around our two trees. Doing it now, saves a lot of work in the spring.
Doing a little each day.
Looking forward to getting settled in Texas and reuniting with my quilting friends. I will welcome their help to sandwich my quilts and get my quilting started.
I ordered my batting from Walmart and had it delivered to our local store. It was much cheaper than even buying it from the country quilt shop I shop at, under his sales and percentage off.
Well, need to get my coffee.
Hugs
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:26 am

Good morning ,

I've been working on gnomes I'm putting Jasmine rice to weight them down .
Today I'm going on a Bjs run instead of tomorrow its suppose to rain quite heavy .
Judi wow you are so busy I hope your able to get a little sew time in.
Suzette three quilts you are going to be busy my DH did our foundation last month feel better soon.
Valarie those were such pretty quilts thanks for sharing.
Velda it sounds like you cant wait till you get to Texas when do you leave.

Well that's all the news enjoy your day everyone.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:41 am

Good morning!

Have lots of things to keep me busy today. A few uglies and I need to bake bread. Out of wheat flour, so need to grind that too.

Haven't heard from Sarah yet. Last I texted with her, they were crossing Cajon Pass and lots of trains. Waiting to see my Ethan's reaction. They are in the park for the next three days.

Still cold here, but what little bit of snow is gone.

Matt finished getting the tile on the backsplash at his house. Today he will grout it. Aaron did the same at his house, so both have practice and will come and do my backsplash. Aaron and a friend are starting to film cooking tips and such for a Youtube following. His friend is a accomplished, prize winning BBQ Master. Aaron showed him my kitchen, so guess where they will make their show? Yup, my kitchen will be a Youtube star! LOL! Hence, I get my backsplash finished!

Not much else here,
Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:05 am

Morning
Busy weekend. Saturday had a conference on catechism certification. Then went to Supercuts & had gal who got me ready for chemo cut my hair. Yesterday was a Knights of Columbus BBQ..
Today is get rv winterized and sandwich first t shirt Quilt.
Coffee time
Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:13 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy here this morning.
Suz Sure hope the Dr gets your Med regulated.Feel better soon I hope.
Judi Those kids keep you hopping.
Velda Siunds like you’re anxious to get back to TX for Winter.
Lois Batting has gone up like everything else.Glad you found the Best Buy.
Jana Enjoy your day.Sure Ethan will be happy.

On Friday I had a big surprise in my mailbox.One of the Angels on here sent a package for the Benefit.Beautiful stockings.Thanks so much To our special friend.Know Levi & Taylor are appreciative & So are we.

It’s quilting day at Church this morning so I need to get moving.Have a wonderful day to all.
Becca

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:27 am

Good Cloudy Morning......

Sorry I've been missing again.....I've not slept for 3 nights....I sleep during the day. Must stop that today. I'm going to Walmart for the rest of my prescriptions. Then to Stop/Shop for some veg'ies.

Love & Prayers.......Kathy

velvet

Post by velvet » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:57 am

Good morn from SC. The rain came and went and for that I am happy. Today I want to finish off some stars press them and hopefully get the top done with this panel. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow the doctors want to give Laura shots in her right hip. They are still waiting for the approval for the mri that would give the doctor some answers. Laura's conditions are only going to get worse. Please send a prayer her way for a little relief with the shots.
Diane

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:05 am

Good morning, back to work day.. I expect it will be busy. Will be starting my input into the new EMR system. I have it all calendared out.

Not to much new since yesterday. I posted a couple of pic's of the quilts Chriss and I saw. Just learning to post so bear with me...Thanks Vel for your post or I never would have figure that out!

This is my early day so guess I better get to getting dressed and out the door. My office mate and I are going to try and start concentrating on our eating so need to stop by grocery store.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”