Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday October 18,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Friday October 18,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:12 am

Good morning Everyone,

Yesterday the uglies got done and I sewed a little bit I wanted to go out to Joanns but it was so windy I decided to wait till today I bought another pattern from fatcat patterns its these stuffed gnomes so I need to get some fake fur and some beads for the noses.
But that will have to wait till we get back we decided to take a ride to the apple orchard and pumpkin farm today.
Mary Z I'm so sorry to here that your quilt shop is closing since I've lived here we only had 2 and they closed after a year or 2 of being in business.
I hope they can find another person to take over that shop.

Well that's all the news everyone have a great day.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Friday October 18,2019

Post by suzette58 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:27 am

Good morning Lois and those who follow.
Yesterday was busy but I managed to get a little sewing done. We put away the patio furniture till next year. Today I have a couple of errands to run and then I am staying in my sewing room. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Lois - we had high winds yesterday. But, they finally calmed down in the late afternoon. It looks like the everything is still calm.
Suzette

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:53 am

Hi ladies. A trip to orchard and pumpkin farm should be fun. Apples are so good this time of the year. Your new project sounds cute. ( Stuffed gnomes). Will you be using these as decorations? I hope you can show us pictures. I have decided that posting pictures here is going to be sharing a clickable link. When we click on the link, it will open the picture. I can live with that, I guess.
Suzette and Lois, it is going to be windy here again today. If it moves eastward, we will be sending you more wind.
Enjoy the beautiful fall. Trees are changing fast.
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:12 am

Good morning!

I played yesterday with loading pictures here. I did it the old fashioned way and used the old PostImage site. I found a icon of a camera in the picture section here, which gave me a place to use the image code that PostImage generates. It worked. I even put multiple pictures in. At first, I had just the same picture, but was able to edit my post, correcting that. Then even went back and added another picture, after I had my post here on the picture section. Not to hard for me, a non computer user.

Not much here. Rain last night and we are cold. Michael found some great anchors to secure the swingset to the ground. I helped Sarah with a meat order she needed to seal and freeze. 40 pounds each of ground beef and chicken breast. We broke it down into her family size portions and used my Seal a Meal vacuum sealer. It was a great price from the butcher too.

Straightened my Batt Cave, now, later this morning to make another mess doing something.

Stay warm, do simething fun!
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:19 am

If you don't mind, I am still practicing my photo posting.
I just found a button on our reply page that looks like a tiny picture. When I click on it, it pops in the brackets. I will paste in the image I copied from the Post image app. Let's see if it works!

This is one of the recent tops I made for church.

Wow! I finally got it! If I can help anyone else, just send me a PM. I will try to help you figure it out, too.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:53 am

Using that icon is how I did it too - good for you! Love seeing pictures!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:58 am

Good Morning all...Today is another busy day here,,,I need to go to the grocery store as Ken and our son and Liam will be bacheloring tonight, I will go to DD house and stay with the other 2 and the dog. I have a book and some hand sewing other than that hanging with the kddos will be my goal. Parents are heading out of town for some r&r and to order furniture form the Amish in Ohio. Ken will have Liam at our house since he has some "thingsS' to do here...

I am working on the borders of the dgd quilt and hope to get it loaded on the LA early next week...a little basement cleaning is in order next week too,,,

Hope you all have a great day,,,I will not be back here till sunday morning,,but I will read you posts when I get home . Prayers that all goes well today,for those of you facing challenges...XXXXXXOOOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:29 am

Where do I find this camera icon.

Flo

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:39 am

Good morning everyone,sunny but nippy.We haven’t had wind but it must be coming.

TWINS UPDATE Brodee has a hernia.That will be fixed same time as shunt surgery.He seems to have all the problems.But good news.They are going into a crib soon.Willbe exciting I’m sure for them & Levi & Taylor.Both are gaining weight.Hadlee is 2 lb 15 oz Brodee is 3 lb 13 oz.Thank you for praying & caring.They still have a long stay ahead.They have been in NICU for 78 days.Thanks for your support.Its much appreciated.

The Apples are good here this year too.I froze some.
Velda Happy you learned the pictures process.Love the quilt & Know someone will be blessed.

Our DD & DSIL gets here today.I can’t sew until they leave.The guest room is my sewing room.I started knitting last nite to keep hands busy.Love reading everyone’s life happenings.
Have a great day everyone. Becca
Prayers for Kathy Izzy & Safe travels for Lyn & Sue.And for any I missed. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:42 am

Good morning, it's going to be a great day today.

Val, I missed your birthday yesterday but, your Santa sent a package to me to bring to you tomorrow. Yay you. Hope you had a great birthday.

Diane, sounds like you are having too many problems on this forum. If you aren't logged in and only here as a guest you will need to use your password. Only logged on members of this forum can post. If you are a first time new member trying to post you will need to have your post approved so that it can be reviewed for inappropriate content. If you have more issues click on "contact us" and send your issue for the administrator to respond to.

Becca, enjoy your fantastic weekend with DD, Thrilled that OUR twins are improving. makes for a happy day.

Judi, I will gladly take that hug and expect Valerie to give it to me. Consider yourself hugged back.

Katy, My two cents on the $1500 machine. I have a $400 Singer, I love it and it works well for me. I don't use most of its bells and whistles. Personally it's more than enough for me. but girl, if you can afford $1500 for a sewing machine and you are in love with it, go for it.

Maryz, sorry for the neck ache looking up. Jerry will make you some stilts. Valerie is also vertically challenged.

Lois, you are so hooked on the fatcat patterns. I am having fun hearing about your fun.

Suzette, we were windy here too.

Jana, I need to play with pictures too. Haven't really tried too many.

Velda, glad you got it. If you want to post the instructions in the picture section I will stick it to the top for everyone. If you don't have time that is fine too.

Hope you all have a great day, I need to get ready for work
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

Return to “Sew ins”