Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday October 14

Daily discussions.
Becca

Monday October 14

Post by Becca » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Hello everyone.
TWINS UPDATE Both are doing well.Sleeping ,growing & both gained 60 Grams overnight.
Hadlees sugar is much better.They are discussing Brodees next Surgery for his Shunt.He will go back to Charlotte.
They were dressed yesterday for the first time in their clothes.
Thank you for your support,love & prayers.Levi & Taylor & all of Family are so appreciative.

I have to be at DDS early appt. in the morning & wanted to post update so I started post.I have other errands & shopping after Appt.
Grama Ann So Happy DH is healing.Enjoy your retreat.

Lori Think you are going to Retreat also.Enjoy yourself.

Everyone have a wonderful day & hope you find your sewing Room. Becca
Prayers for all in need. Becca

Marilynsgrammy

Re: Monday October 14

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Good morning, I was going to post on Sunday's post to catch up but what a treat to find Monday's post started. Here goes.

Becca, wonderfuly fantastic news about the babies. so so exciting.

Ann, When I read your post I thought of that rhyme, Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean, between the two of them they licked the platter clean. He can only whisper, you can't hear the whisper yet the two of you converse. sort of lick the platter clean in your own way. I have found W&N at Amazon. I saw that Walmart sells Warm and Natural batting on line. You can have it shipped to your address or the nearest store and pick it up.

Lois, I was going to ask for a picture of the fabric you were looking for until I saw that your DD found it. what a sweetie she is for looking for you.

Maryz, We have a non stop talker in our family too. I do what you did. sit back and notice. You're not going to get a word in so why not watch how they all interact. Is your DDIL still quilting?

Sherry, there is a way to adjust your ceiling fan. a switch makes it go clockwise or counter clockwise. One brings the hot air down the other brings the hot air up. Not sure which is wich and have never used the switch. We use ceiling fans as well as plug in fans.

Jana, glad you were not in the accident. I always look both ways when the light turns green. It's saved me twice so far.

Valerie, so you really aren't interested in the position, :lol: Really don't blame you a bit. I wouldn't want to be in charge of anything at work either. I often say Not my circus, Not my monkeys. Guess where we are going to be on Saturday. I'm saving up my millions so I can spend it there. Maybe you can help me find treasures for my elf.

Suzette, when we cleaned out my grandma's house we donated some things to Habitat. they really helped get things out of the house and hopefully they will make a few bucks at their store.

If all goes well grandma's house should be all buttoned up the end of the week. Just waiting on signatures. I have to say, incase you hadn't noticed, that I am so excited to have a family in that house. How cool it will be to look over there and see lights on.

This weekend I trimmed the threads from the back of my bow tie quilt. And I ironed down the seams as best as I could. I have the backing, need to get the batting but this will be the biggest quilt I have ever tried to tackle. But I want to try. I put a jelly roll race quilt together and am going to practice quilting on it before I tackle the bow ties.

Well girls, I pray you have a marvelous day.
Chriss
John 16:33

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:43 am

Good morning Chris's and Becca,
I'm so happy to see that Becca started us off today and to see all the news of the Twins so happy they are doing well good luck at your Appt hope your able to visit the sewing room today.

Chris's thanks so much for want to go look for my fabric and lots of luck with Grandmas house.

Today Sandi is coming with the Gkids I need a haircut desperately my hair looks so wild more than usual but that will be rendered when Olivia gets here and my Grandson Virgil will be bringing muffins from a recipie he learned in his culinary class.
After that Sandi wants to go to hobby lobby so that trip I didn't make last week I get to go today.

Well that's all the news here I hope Everyone has a great day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:03 am

Good morning to all. So happy to hear the good news of the twins.
Chriss, glad things are going well.
I find it hard to reply to everyone, as a forget the details of each post.
Lois: I need a haircut too. I am trying to wait until I get to Texas. I like the shop down there.
I tried doing a draft, to go back and read posts a second time, but that's tricky to get back to where I was.
So I will just say, since it is Monday, our quilt group meets today. Next Sunday is the service to bless the quilts and personal care kits that we send each year. So today, we put them all out on the pews. The church looks so beautiful with all the colors and patterns. I am going to take some pictures.

https://i.postimg.cc/yNn3CcMC/IMG-20191 ... 510619.jpg

Another very cold morning here. 37 degrees. I will be getting my long sleeves out to wear.
Have a great day.
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:34 am

Becca, thanks for the update ❣️
I have read, but must jump in the shower and then get moving down the road. We've spent the weekend with friends near Stephenville, TX. Now onto Marble Falls and visit 2 other couples for 2 days. One guy has broke his right heal. They are usually at the coast by now. Hope we can cheer them up a little with our visit.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Lyn

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:43 am

Good morning!

Don't quite know what my day will hold. We are warmer today, above freezing! I have a few uglies to get done, then play in the Batt Cave. I have a half of a hunch that Sarah will be down, since sod season is done.

We did get Gracie clothes in Saturday. It was easy, as long as it was pink! There was a really cute winter jacket, but it was purple, tried hard to talk her into that one, but, no, she wanted the pink one. Picked up some things for Lila too. Here, they see you coming, when it comes to the price of snow boots and jackets!

Hugs,
Jana

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:10 am

Good morning,,,so happy the twins are doing well...I bet the excitement grows for them to come home...I was up nd reading and getting dressed it is chilly here 45. only going to 50 today,,,but i love this weather,,,we are still waiting for frost to get out and take out the dead hostas...soo as they die back I can remove the dead and wait for spring,,,,they need to be dug and divided this spring...hope i can get it done...

today a few groceries and start getting the Christmas gift cards I will do a few at a time...I have been thinking whether I will do CHristmas cards this year,,,,I love gtting them but I dont get hardly any anymore...a tradition that is surely dying, might just send to those die-hard traditionalist like me. I have a good portion of my secret santa done a box to hold it all is next, Grandaughters quilt is half pieced and I ordered the border fabric on line as they has just exactly what I needed, this one will be quick to get to the quilting machine I hope.

well I need coffee and wish you all a great day, XXXXOOOO

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:21 am

Morning
Jana our local Walmart is small and they have W&N in packages, not a big selection of sizes but enough for me.
Second t shirt Quilt gave me more quality time with seam ripper yesterday, but have it figured out...I hope.
Nothing else here.
Flo

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:11 am

Good morning,

BECCA - great news about the babies! They are making great strides! Good luck at the dentist.

ANN - good news about your hubby! I guess this is your time to shine in the conversation department!

CHRISS - hooray for being done with Gramma's house! Hooray for a new young family! Do you know if they'll move in right away or are they going to do any remodeling first?

VELDA - I keep two screens open and go back and forth when I'm posting. And I've learned that on my phone I can have two screens open and swipe between the two.

LORI - how many GG blocks are you making all together?

SUZETTE - Welfare is a way of life that handed down from parents to children here. On a national average, the last statistics I saw showed 48% of the population works to support 52%. Some need it, most don't. I see Help Wanted signs everywhere I go - and I go a LOT of places! Has your hubby got his wallhanging up yet? Does his electric drill work that he found at the Restore?

MARY Q - you only have EIGHT totes of Christmas?! You better hie thyself off to Hobby Loobby! They can fix that for you? LOL! I WISH I only had 8. I need to clear out more stuff this year. That being said, I saw some things the other day that I would dearly love to have for Christmas. Sigh. Did you get started on your skirts yet? I feel your hesitation. I have a quilt on the frame that needs freehand quilting and I've been putting it off for 3 weeks! You know you can buy electric fireplaces that actually put out heat, give the the ambiance of a fire, and you can move it around if you rearrange your furniture! No wood or wood mess or wood splitting or wood stacking required! :D

SHERRY - what Chriss said about the switch on the fan to switch directions is how ours works, too. It works well to help cool in summer and keep us warm in winter.

JUDI - I hear ya on Christmas cards. But I do love sending them and I love receiving them. So I will keep doing it.

FLO - soon, you'll have both of those shirts done and no more ripping!

JANA - I remember when I was little I insisted everything be blue and my sister - 1 yr younger than I - insisted on pink. Made it easy sorting clothes. She always knew whose was whose. But pink and blue aren't always available when shopping. That made things tough sometimes for her, I think.

LOIS - enjoy your visit with your family today. When does Olivia come? Is she in today's group? My hair is wild, too. It needs a serious trim.

LYN - safe travels today. Glad you are taking your time, enjoying the trip, seeing good friends and new places. In other words, enjoying the journey! Hoping for good traveling weather for you.

Yesterday our Seahawks won! And our secondary team we root for, Denver, also won! My DBIL was soo happy about that! I made great progress on the woolie needlekeeper I'm making for my DDIL and I got a lot of Christmas organized and wrapped what i have, with sticky notes attached. Plus cleaned out a big closet. A productive day! Today, I just HAVE to start quilting my quilt, no more hesitation. I would have DH do it on his Q-bot but our throat isn't big enough to handle these 16" blocks.

That's all folks! I need to hop into the shower, meet my walking buddy, and get on with the day! Fondle the Fabric!
mary z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:23 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in. Didn't go to my Monday Bob Evans breakfast today. Just didn't feel like it. I want to be feeling good from this cold so I can go to Chris's JV game today. Will definitely be bundling up since it is only in the 50's today. Plan on working on my Elf's gift some more today. Want to make sure I have it ready for the box with all the other things.

Becca - so glad to hear about the twins improvements. God is really looking out for them with all of our prayers here.

Chriss - I am like you. I have to get the book out when I reverse the ceiling fans so I get it to go the right way for the right season. I can never remember which way to go. I do love them though.

Quiltgram - I am sure that your church is very beautiful with all the quilts laid out for the blessings.

Judi - I am like you and don't send many Christmas cards anymore. Mainly just to family and very close friends. I don't get many either. I think everyone is pretty much backing away from that tradition. I remember when I was a kid my parents sent out almost 100 cards and they got a lot back also. Times have changed.

Cindyg - So glad our Astros won last night. I fell asleep before the end of the game.

I have read you all about Warm and Natural Batting. I admit I have never heard of it so am going to check it out. Sounds like it must be very good. Thanks for the comments.

Well, better go take my medicine and get some breakfast so I can get to doing something. The furbabies are fed and back to sleep already. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

Return to “Sew ins”