Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Friday Oct 11

Daily discussions.
billizzy

Friday Oct 11

Post by billizzy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:56 am

Good morning:)
Well last day of work and then vacation. We have decided to leave out tomorrow and sight see our way down. OUr check in isnt until Sunday.
Mary its a 9 hr drive for us. We will scoot along check out antique shops and of course quilt shops on the way down. I have 36 kids I service for NM school. Love it so much fun most are preschoolers.
So today is finish mt washmore and work. Of course lil man too. then start packing
Jana are you on look out for snow. I read there is this major snow storm a brewing out there. Yikes
WEll thats all thats new for me. Up early due to DH headed out early is at their store that is the farthest from us so he had to leave early.
hugs and prayers
🐐izzy

fabricgirl

Re: Friday Oct 11

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:24 am

Good morning Izzy and all who follow,
All uglies were done yesterday then we went to staples got my ink and a few frixion pens and then came home no trip to hobby lobby
Just came home.
Today I have to look in my stash to see if I have another border print for the outside border of my gnome holiday quilt I didn't like 1 I was going to put so I decided to wait till today and go upstairs and look..

Mary Q did you quilt your tree skirts.
Izzy I hope you and your DH have a wonderful vacation.
Well that's all the news on this horizon everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:35 am

Good morning everyone.
Yesterday was a busy day. Cleaned the house, a couple trips up Mt. Washmore and just about finished the binding on hubby’s wall hanging. I have one edge left to do. Today we are going out to lunch for hubby’s birthday. He can’t decide between Red Lobster or Outback. We may hit Hobby Lobby as well. I love that store. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Suzette
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 am

Good morning, it is still dark but we expect rain today, we still havent gotten out firewood for the winter and it is supposed to get cold here, I heard that four letter word starting with s (yes both are the same) I am headed to the lab for some blood work, then home to have a quiet day, might have a little laundry and change the sheets then working on a few things in the sewing room. I need to wait till daylight since I hate driving in the dark. Well since no coffee yet,,I guess I will go down and watch the sun come up...have a wonderful day XXXXOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:44 am

TWINS UPDATE Brodee now weighs 3lb 6 Oz.Hadlee weighs 2 lb 10 oz.
Brodee has. Something about eyes that is common in premise.Hadlees are fine.Hadlees esophagus is fine.Her heart valve hasn’t closed yet.They are both doing good.Thank you for all the prayers for them & love.
We had the best Gift & surprise yesterday.Levi come to visit usWe saw lots of pictures & both are adorable.Lev give us a lot of news about them .Both now cry.Brodee will probably have to have the stent in later.It was so great to see him.Made our day.

I got lots of errands done Yesterday.Today we head off to DHs Optamalogist appt.Sure He Will ant to eat out.
Izzy Have a wonderful relaxing vacation.
Lois Hope you get your Hobby Lobby visit in.I love that store.
Judi Sure you will get wood with all your help you have from Grands.
Maryq Hope you get all those Christmas skirts quilted.
Suz Sure That wallhanging will be Loved.

Yesterday I got more sewing done,stuffing too.Gt to embroider faces on dolls.
Have a great day everyone. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:16 am

Morning
Becca great news about twins.
Izzy safe travels on your vacation & have a great time.
Jana stay warm!
Crazy weather here. 2 days ago it was 80 and humid. This morning it's 38 with a wind chill factor...
Doc visit went well. The Letrezole I take for cancer gives me night sweats. Doc said to try vitamin E...will get some next shopping day.
Have a great day!
Flo

velvet

Post by velvet » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:29 am

GOOD MORNING TO ALL. MAKING IT REAL SHORT AS IT , AS USUAL, GOES POOF.
Have a great weekend.
Diane

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:40 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Feeling so much better. Having breakfast with 4 friends this morning at Bob Evans. This afternoon Sweetie has a vet appointment to see how she is doing. She is back to her normal playful self. Though she will always have the anemia and have to take medicine at least I didn't lose her and she is so playful and happy. Smoke and her are so good together.

Tonight is football night but possibly rain. I hope not because I want to go and see Chris play. Will definitely bundle up for this one.

Izzy - Have a safe trip and an enjoyable one.

Becca - so good to hear the good news about the twins. I always put them in my prayers.

Flo - Glad your doctor visit went well.

Suzette - Tell hubby Happy Birthday. Either choice is a good one. I love Hobby Lobby also. We got one here in town in August and I love it. I am surprised though because we are a town of only about 15,000 people. I still drive to Fort Wayne's Hobby Lobby when I want to go eat at Cracker Barrel. Wish we could get one of those here also.

Well, better go get dressed for breakfast with my friends. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:47 am

Good morning,

Diane what is happening is as you are typing, others are typing too and if they post before you, when you first it submit, anything posted after you started typing will be shown. If you scroll down, yours is there. It is giving you the opportunity to add to your post in case you want to respond to something the others said. If you don't hit submit again. It took me a bit to figure this out but eventually I did.

Izzy have a wonderful time on your trip.

Becca always good to hear about the twins. Wow, Brodee is really putting on the weight, Good job. Hadlee will catch up. How old are they now? The eye problem may have to do with the retina. Sometimes it will correct itself but other times they do a laser surgery to correct it. Prayers that is all works out.

Flo hope the Vitamin works for you. Night sweats can be miserable.

Just work today, on my own as receptionist is off. I was hoping she would cancel this with only the 2 of us but guess not. There is a potential candidate for the director position. The vice president is supposed to put her in touch with me so we can meet off site. She just wants me to interview her and see what I think. I thought that was a nice gesture. The boys (my scouts) are camping over night tonight. I may meet them for a couple hours and then come home.

Hope you all get to fondle some fabric today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:37 am

Good morning girls. At work feeling like a zombie. Our Astros won the play-off game last night and I was so excited that I couldn't go to sleep all night. I don't think I'll have any trouble going to sleep tonight. When I walked in the door I had two people wanting a piece of me. Grrrrrrrrrr. We're getting a cool front today and by the time I'm driving home it will be around 60*. YEA!!!!

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

Return to “Sew ins”