Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday October 10,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Thursday October 10,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:18 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Today Is ugly day then I have to make a trip to staples for a few things and maybe a trip to hobby lobby for some backing .
Yesterday I worked on my holiday gnomes quilt still have more sashing to do but sofar so good.

Well I hope you all have a nice day.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

suzette58

Re: Thursday October 10,2019

Post by suzette58 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:05 am

Good morning Lois and those who follow.
Today I have a couple of trips up Mt. Washmore. While that is running I will sew the binding on hubby’s wall hanging. Plus some uglies upstairs. So, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Lois - it sounds like we both have pretty much the same kind of day planned.
Suzette

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 am

Good morning above and below!

North wind will be pushing us South out of Hays, KS, today. Hope to stay ahead of the cold temps.

Stay warm and safe friends.
Lyn

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 am

Good morning Lois and Suzette. I missed being here yesterday, so I need to catch up on all of you. We are busy getting last minute physicals or check ups before heading south. Seems as you get older, you spend more time in a doctor's office. But best to stay on top of our health.
I am headed to my follow-up this morning. Had A1C test on Monday in prep for this visit. Hope she will be pleased with my numbers this time.
No sewing now for me until we get moved to Texas. So many appointments and we still want to get a few fishing days in before we tow the boat to our son's for winter storage.
I have four quilt tops to sandwich and quilt when we get settled in at the beginning of next month.
That's all I have going on here. Need to get coffee, shower, and read the posts that I missed from yesterday.
Have a great day!
Vel
Hello😉 Lyn, jealous that you will be at Ransom Road ahead of us. Hugs!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:57 am

Good Morning chilly again here 50 but it looks like a pretty day coming up//I do not have anything planned...I did laundry yesterday and put it all away. might run the sweeper upstairs...there are threads migrating around up here...Might just spend the day working on my project and thinking about getting the wreaths going for my windows,,,First coffee....then that,,,,,XXXXOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 am

Good morning everyone,
Just a quick Hello & Must get going on all my errands.Have to go to LQS too.
Have a great day everyone. Becca

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:11 am

Morning
Check up with doc today...think I should have my own parking spot at Mercy.
When I get t shirt quilts layered I will hand quilt them. That's my love.
Time to run
Flo

mepeace2

Post by mepeace2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:23 am

Good morning all

Today need to line fabric and list I need to take along on shop hop. The Christmas exchange will be 4 fat quarters of spring prints. Hope I can find these. After all it is fall. LOL I need to locate a couple of things for my Elf. I will be going to 4 shops on Friday and 4 shops on Sat. It is always fun but I do not need more fabric.
Lois Have fun at Hobby lobby , I need to stop there too.
Judi I need to get threads cleaned up too. The kitten puts them all over my house.
Lyn Be careful out there.
Well I need more coffee
You all have a great sewing day
Katy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:32 am

Good morning!

It is 29 outside and a few flakes fell last night. A person with dandruff leaves more flakes that what we got. A lot of hype from the proverbial they. "They" were warning of all the snow, what snow! They did get the temps right.

It is Thursday, so I have uglies to get done. Not a lot and a bit of laundry. I got all my Fall/Halloween decorations out and staged where they are going. Just need to make it look nice. Gracie was my helper with that yesterday. All my Skinnies still need to be hung too.

Later you will find me in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:46 am

Good morning,

SUZETTE - is the baby quilt for the new baby that was born on Monday? Is he close to you?

LOIS - have fun shopping! I want to hit Hobby Lobby one of these days, though not for fabric. Looking for Christmas ornaments for gifts.

JUDI - where do you suppose those threads that are migrating around upstairs are coming from?? Can't be from MY house! All of mine are here! I counted them! :lol:

LYN - your adventure yesterday with the truck was a real bummer. I read about it as we were "running with the truckers" through construction on I-5 between Oly and Tacoma. :o

VELDA - good luck at the doc's! I have to have my A1C re-checked right before Thanksgiving. Along with my bone density.

FLO - you, too! God luck at the doc's!

BECCA - you don't HAVE to go to the LQS - you GET to go to the LQS! :D

KATY - the good news is that IF you find four spring prints, they will probably be on the sale shelf!

JANA - we aren't much warmer this morning at 33*. But clear skies and a sunny day ahead for us. No blizzards here. Have fun decorating today. I need to have DH get my orange/black tote from the shop so I can see what we have to put out. Not much as all my fall/Halloween/thanksgiving things fit in one tote, but I do have a few fall quilts to spread around.

KATHY - hello to you if you stop by today!

CINDY - Hope the alligators aren't too deep today at work.

We made it home yesterday by 10:30 am - it was only a 2-hour drive. Trailer is emptied, cleaned, and laundry is almost done. Two more loads this morning will finish that job. We brought our short cat tree in from trailer to my sewing room so to make room, I've been shifting things all over the place in there. One thing is clear - I simply CANNOT buy even so much as another FQ of fabric! Today I hope to finally find a place for everything and have everything in that place. lol! Like that is ever going to happen! If I get the worktable cleared off I hope to finish up the little woolie project I was working on while camping. I also have a quilt on the frame I want to freehand - the blocks are too large at 16" for our machine to do a computerized pattern - so there's plenty to keep me busy all day long.

Piece!!
mary z

Return to “Sew ins”