Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday, September 28

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday, September 28

Post by suzette58 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:12 am

Good morning everyone.
Today I am not sure how much sewing I will get done. We are going to our grand daughter’s softball game. Yesterday I was looking on Facebook and found a little gift to make for my elf. Of course I am making a few for me. I am still plugging along on the row by row for the guild and my paper piecing. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday, September 28

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:59 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
I worked on my elf project and will finish it today then I will move on to my bow snowman.
Nothing else is new on this horizon I hope you all have a great day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

velvet

Post by velvet » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:59 am

Today we fly to NY for a week with the family. My little Piper DGD turns 13. YAHOO!!
Leaving for airport at 8am Very eager to hug them all.

Have a great week, see you in a week.
No wild parties while I'm gone. LOL

Diane

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:34 am

Good morning,I will try this again,,,not sure why sometimes the posts dont show up...we have a rainy dreary day here 73 for the high, We were going to get firewood but it is too wet. on to plan B I will spend the day with the grandkids as their parent have a wedding to go to...I will be there all day so I am taking my yoyos and a book, I only have a small part of the book to go so a lot of yoyos will be made.

My goal for the week is to finish cutting out the Vintage Christmas blocks and (Suzette this is your fault) fouund a paper pieced Christmas block I will try...it is only a trial run, `but could turn into a quilt one day...

well coffee calls might have to ake some breakfast too...hope you all have a wonderful day

Diane have a safe trip and lots of fun,

Suzette thanks for the idea to start something new and enjoy the game

Lois have a relaxing day

OOOOXXXX

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:38 am

Good morning everyone,cloudy here.We are in need of rain.

Suz Enjoy your Game.Always Loved Seeing Grands play.

Lois Have fun with your snowmen.

Diane Have a safe trip & Enjoy Family time.Happy Birthday to Piper.

Maryq The Benefit is 12 miles from my House.Yes I will go because I’m donating things to sale & making baked goods.

Chris I have tried some things from Health Food Store.

It’s mumbo dance here.We Just had some thunder but no rain.
Have a great day everyone. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:59 am

Good morning!
I'm up early when I really didn't need to be but that's ok. I finished the fidget quilt last night and we're taking it to aunt Jody this morning along with a sealed marble maze for dementia & Alzheimer's patients and I have an activity book, coloring book and twistable colored pencils so she doesn't have to worry about a sharpener. I hope these help her with being bored out of her mind as she says. She's always been an active outside person so it's really hard on her being in a 10x17' room so much. She doesn't sew, read, crochet, knit etc so it's kind of a challenge. I found the dementia & Alzheimer's things on Amazon because we don't have them here in my town.
After we visit with her for awhile we're going on a drive to the mountains and a picnic, I really need it. I can't remember the last time we did, probably at least a year ago, maybe 2. I'm going to take my camera so I can get some good pictures, hopefully I'll end up with a frameable one.
Prayers for all. You all have a great day!
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:05 am

Good morning!

The horses were magnificent! So beautiful and BIG! The show lasted about 4 hours and the weather was perfect. So glad we went yesterday, as storm clouds have rolled in and the temps have dropped about 30 degrees. The proverbial "they" say snow on my house today or tomorrow. The sun is just coming up and the background is a beautiful baby pink with a gray marbling from the clouds.

We need to finish the Ward bulletin for tomorrow, most of it is done. Maybe a few groceries, fresh veggies and then a few more windows, then play in the Batt Cave. Sounds good to me!

Oh yes, the TV show, Gentle Giants was there filming and the draft horse show will be televised on December 1st.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:24 am

Morning
Rough night with my cold last night. Joe is off to an auction, I am home watching PBS quilting shows.
Yesterday I got a good start on the 2 t shirt quilts I am making for my sister in law. Today I will get back to them.

Have a great day
Flo

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:23 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. Chris's football game last night got cancelled because of the storm. A lot of games were cancelled. They are all playing today. No mowing today after all the rain we got last night and supposed to get more today. Guess I will just watch college football and work on my Elf gift.

Got a very nice birthday card yesterday from my Secret Santa. Hard to believe I am going to be 72. When I was a kid 72 was "one foot in the grave". I sure don't feel that way.

Well better go get some breakfast and settle in for the day. Cold is getting better slowly. Hope everyone has a good day.

Go Wolverines! Go Cubs! They missed the playoffs this year but I am not a "fair weather fan". I stick with my Cubs no matter what.

Sherry

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:49 am

Good morning,

We are 49* and rainy this morning at sea level. Snow in our mountains down to the 4,000' level. Makes me wonder what this winter is going to be like, given that we broke all the records for snowfall last February with 20".

Chriss - when you look up "Strait of Juan de Fuca" check out the pronounciation, too. It's not what you are thinking!! Hope you had fun on your vacation yesterday. How did you spend it? And yes, it would be nice if both gramma's and Ernie's houses sold in October. I'm sure Gramma's house is in much better shape than Ernie's!

DIANE - happy birthday to Piper! Have a good trip - see you in a week.

FLO - I didn't know you were making T-shirt quilts. I've only made one, but I think they are fun.

JANA - I bet that horse show was super! They are such gentle giants. Besides the fair the only ones I've seen up close were the Budweiser team in their home barn in Ft. Collins, CO. They weren't performing, just munching hay. But such beauties! I hope we can catch that TV show on Dec 1. Enjoy your snow. It's always so pretty (until it isn't!)

TINA - congrats on finishing your fidget quilt. It's wonderful what you are trying to do for Frankie's aunt. My niece texted me yesterday that her mom received the one I sent her and she loves it and carries it around with her. Enjoy your nature ride and picnic today. Our TV news just did a segment on the lack of contact with nature, green, trees, etc in our lives. There is a 'thing' called "Nature Deprivation syndrome" - in other words, depression. People are actually hiring other people to take them for walks in the woods here!

BECCA - I hope the benefit for the twins is a huge success! I wish I could be there.

JUDI - sorry you don't get to play in the wood today. I'm happy we have ours all in for the winter! Have fun with the kids. I know you love being with them, but they can tire a gramma out! Suzette doesn't get blame for inspiring you to try something new - she gets credit!

LOIS - we all seem to be on the same page here - working on Elf gifts! I finished my main one two days ago but have something else I want to do - which will be a new craft to me - that Judi inspired me to try! Does she get blame or credit? I will let you know! :lol:

SUZ - enjoy the softball game today. If you were watching it here, you'd be wrapped up in a quilt and huddled under an umbrella, drinking hot cocoa!

DIANA - good to see you! I'm sorry you and your hubby have had so many challenges this year. But sounds like he has a terrific goal to motivate him! My DH also has a 1-T red, 4x4 Dodge and that would be his goal, too!

SHERRY - I, too, was addicted to the newspaper but mostly for the comics, crossword, Dear Abby, and obits. But when the cost soared and the paper went to almost nothing, and then they stopped doing 'vacation holds', we quit. It was a rough week, like coming off sugar, but now I don't miss it at all.

SHARONA - at our house, Bill is the one on the ladder, fixing the broken bulbs. I'm so not a ladder person!

MARY Q - Working with scraps is a messy business - more so than with real yardage! And, yes, we are getting the fifth-wheel ready to hit the road for 9 days. 3 days with friends up on the Strait at Fort Worden State Park, then off on our own around the Olympic Loop to Montesano for 2 nights to visit with Bill's sister. Then to the coast for 3 more nights at Grayland Beach State park. The WA State Senior Citizen Off-season pass kicks in Oct 1 and we always get one which lets us camp for $10/night. It's sort of a tradition with us to go out the first part of October before weather gets too bad.

Well, I better hang up, go shower, and get busy with something productive. I have lots of choices - cupboards (got one cleaned!), laundry, packing, sewing . . . Bill is going to meet his cousin at Ernie's this morning and I don't have to go!! :D If I'm going to clean cupboards, I'd rather clean my own!

Have a super Saturday!
mary z

Return to “Sew ins”