Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thurs Sept 26th

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: Thurs Sept 26th

Post by maryq » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:24 am

Good Morning Girls

Yes, fall is definitely in the air here too! But it's nice and sunny and I do LOVE the cooler temps.. can open the windows for some fresh air. Speaking of windows... I suppose I should wash a few :lol:

Judi... I know how much you love to wash windows... want to join me! Good news that your insurance will cover your new med for your bones. When will you get your first shot? Can they do it right in the Dr. Office?

Sharon... I'll blow some of our cool air your way. Are leaves changing around you?

Maryz… When I'm sewing down all those snow men.... I do all the white parts, then change to another color thread, and do all that, then change color thread again... It is a pain changing threads all the time, but I like the thread to match the fabric--you don't see "mistakes" as much then. Kitchen cupboards? Oh gosh, don't mention that... I think I'll save that project for a really snowy day... maybe....

Kathy.... I bet you have a very pretty view when the leaves are turning by your lake. I just can't believe it's already the end of September!!!!

Lori..... Oh wonderful.... skunk :mrgreen: Good thing the dogs were in.... We had a dog once that got too close to a skunk....not a fun clean up chore! You are doing cupboards too? Maybe we should all get together and do cupboards on the same day... kind of like "prayer circle" :lol:

Sherry.... Great news that your are feeling better. I used to get the paper delivered here, but found the only thing I really wanted out of it was the cross words puzzle. Too bad they won't deliver to you... If you don't get the lawn done tomorrow... can your DS and DGS come help over the weekend? Almost time to put the mower away.

Flo.... You do have your safety glasses for that work in the kitchen.. Would hate for a piece of tile to fly in your eye!!!

Jana.... Good you are feeling better.. That horse show sounds awesome. My DGD Evie would love to see something like that. How nice that they arranged a private tour for you. You will able to get up close to the horses? When I visit Calgary, I get see the horses that DIL and Evie ride and help care for them. I love horses and think they are such beautiful creatures.

Time to warm up the coffee, then unload the dishwasher and get to work. I trace another set of snowmen last night... gosh they are fun to make, but I think I might use this set to make a wall hanging. I have the tree skirt still laid out to pin and quilt, but I am thinking about having it professionally done. This 1st one is for the hospice home so I want it to be really nice. Am working on my SS gift too... Won't finish it up until I get back from MSQ just in case I find something special there!

Wishing you all a wonderful day

Return to “Sew ins”