Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 24

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Tuesday September 24

Post by suzette58 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:25 am

Good morning everyone.
I just saw on the news that there is Pumpkin Spice Spam available at Walmart and it can be ordered. Well, all I can say is I think they have taken it a little far. Today I will be working on my paper piecing and the next row for the quilt guild row by row quilt. We only have one more after this one. I got my Secret Santa card in the mail yesterday. I love this. It is so much fun. We have burn bans in several counties in our area. It is so dry here. I don’t think we will have a pretty fall this year. I don’t think Mother Nature will be able to catch up. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Tuesday September 24

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
Spam is icky enough but and pumpkin to it now that's yuck.
Yesterday I worked on my elfs gift for a while then I helped my Dh find his hunting gear luckly everything was in 1 spot so we found that then at 1 point he couldn't find a license
But I kept at it and found that now that renders a trip to the mall but on the way is hobby lobby that works for me

Well I hope Everyone has a great day
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:37 am

Good morning. Suzette I saw that add LOL I dont like pumpkin spice anything. I dont even eat pumpkin pie. I do love pumpkin bread but thats it for me :)

Well busy busy around here. Got us a cool down only 86 today LOL. This weekend is back to 95 crazy.

Nothing really new here today. I did wash backing fabrics and got my pantos I ordered to finish two quilts.

Happy stitching all.
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:05 am

Good morning!

Oh I am in the no pumpkin anything group! I will tolerate one piece of pie at Thanksgiving, but it has to be a pie I made. I detest the taste of cloves - to me you are eating soap. So when I make pumpkin pie, I use the Libby recipe on the can, leave out the cloves and add a extra egg to make it more custardy. I have taught all my family how to make pie this way too.

Today will be a laid back day. Still not up to feeling great. Worked on my November wallhanging. These are not my Skinnies patterns. I bought this set about 12 years ago and the site I got them from, no longer sells those patterns. I guess you could call the patterns antiques! LOL! I will get this one quilted today.

We are babysitting Aaron's big work truck for the week. They went to St George to see her mom. After Kate's Dad pased away, the mom sold the home here and moved to their other home in St George. All but one sister lives up here. Aaron's work vehicle is huge and a few of his neighbors give him grief over parking it at their house. HOA rules, but since it is a designated emergency vehicle, by the state, that overrides the HOA, which doesn't like not having their power usurped. Oh, can you tell my dislike for HOA's. My neighbors are fine with parking it here for the week. We have no HOA in my neighborhood.

Well, time to get something started. The sun hasn't even begun the beginning of morning light here. Still quite dark. Daylight savings ends way late this year, November 3rd.

Hugs and always prayers,
Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:24 am

Good morning, it's going to be a beautiful day today.

Judi, yay for Sophia, it's always funner when you win.

Velda, I bet your kid quilts will be loved. do you have pictures to share?

Sue, I love that you are making an orange quilt. As I was reading through the secret Santa hints I saw a lot of people didn't care for orange. Poor unloved orange, it doesn't even rhyme with anything. Truly the underdog of all the colors.

Becca, next pair of shoes I will look at brooks. I really only bought these because of the price. There are so many out there and I have no clue about what to look for. I check in here during my breaks and lunch period looking for a twin update.

Maryz, clean up is a big job. Hope Uncle Ernie had a small house. Nice that you found charities to take some of the big stuff. I found here that even offering stuff for free didn't work. We ended taking things to the dump.

Suzette, I saw the pumpkin spice spam advertised. I can't even imagine spam let alone flavored spam YUCK!! I am not big on flavored coffee or creamer or much of anything. If I am going to have pumpkin spice it needs to be a muffin but one a year works for me. Hope your fall surprises you and turns out beautiful.

Lois, yesterday was certainly your day. hope you had fun at hobby lobby. I always travel the outside aisles at that store, mostly looking at clearance stuff.

Jana, I am not a HOA fan either. I don't understand why a neighborhood needs to have their area policed by a board and Why pay that board to dictate. ugh.

I worked on my SS gift this weekend. I am not completely thrilled with it. I think I will take it apart and try to make it a little taller, not sure. still thinking.

Hope you all have a super day.
Chriss
Psalm 91

FlorenceM

Post by FlorenceM » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:36 am

Morning
I like pumpkin spice, but not in spam!
New sink drain in kitchen floor. Today Joe will head to barn to start kitchen isand for sink. Still cleaning dust from cutting concrete.
Living room still being put in order. Bookcases on place, going through books slowly and getting rid of some.
Coffee is ready
Flo

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:40 am

Good morning,
We are heading into a hot spell for the next two days. 95-100 degress. Then we should have a drop off of 15 degrees come Thursday. I am so over this!
Judy congrats to Sophie! How thrilled she must be.
Lois and the 49ers won! Probably shouldn’t have but they did!
Becca where does Juju come from. I have never heard that term.
Oh Sue, apple crisp sounds good! Pumpkin spice Spam not so much.
Jana so sorry your family is sharing with you. You must explain that sharing is not always the right thing to do.
Mary I have never been to an Ikea. There is not one close enough to make it worth the drive.
Chriss the Oxford English Dictionary say the only word that perfectly rhymes with “orange” is k “sporange,” an uncommon botanical term for a part of a fern. Yes I took the time to look that up!
The tooth is slowly getting better, or should I say lack of tooth. I think I will take some Ibuprofen before work today. Still doing my hot packs and salt water rinses. It only woke me up once last night. A bit of warm water and went back to sleep within the hour. The dentist has me taking Ibuprofen with Extra Strength Tylenol but that is starting to upset my stomach so trying to go without if possible.
No sewing done. Maybe tonight.
Work has been downright boring. The EMR program we use has been going in and out and most of yesterday it was out. Hard to audit when you can’t get into the program.
Well best think about getting ready for work.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:05 am

Good morning,

MARY Q - I've never heard of a computer suddenly "coming to life" and talking to you. Did it say anything interesting or did it just read what you'd written? Not that what you'd written wouldn't be interesting . . .

JANA - hope you're feeling better soon. When we stopped being around little kids we stopped being sick. Not saying there's a correlation - just sayin'. . .

MARY Q - It's one long day of driving for you to get to MSQC, isn't it? I think a snowman tree skirt - a snowman ANYTHING - is the purrfect thank you for your neighbor who snowblows your driveway!

CHRISS - I like orange but it's no green, blue, or turquoise! My DGS, Alec, LOVES orange. I made him a queen sized orange bargello quilt for his 21st birthday and he loved it! and so does his orange cat, Zeus.

I have to run. I need to shower and then we need to get things gathered up to go to Ernie's house. Today is clean-out day. I plan to tackle the kitchen. Everything in there is sticky. Ugh! Thank goodness it's a tiny house - about 700 square feet and he really had very little in it.

Hope you all have a fab day!
Mary Z

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:23 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in this morning. Have a miserable cold and my joints ache. Don't think I will make it to John's football game this afternoon. Not going to mow either. Just going to stay in and rest. I haven't had a cold like this for a long time. Don't think I will get much done today.

I saw that on the news about pumpkin spam also. I don't like spam at all so definitely don't want pumpkin spam. If you really want something good in pumpkin flavor get Werther's Pumpkin Spice chewy caramels. They are my favorites and only available during the fall. A lot of places sell out of them very quickly.

Well, better go feed the furbabies and get me something too. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

maryq

Post by maryq » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:38 am

Good Morning Girls

Oh what a beautiful day.... for now anyway... rain and thunderstorms predicted for later.

Suzette.... SPAM is bad enough as it is... I can't imagine PUMPKIN flavor! Did you know there is a big SPAM Museum here in MN. It was invented here in MN. Good to know you got your card in the mail.

Lois.... Score! A trip to Hobby Lobby. Was there yesterday and did a little damage, but found a good deal on Pellon Fusible... a bolt of 15 yards for $29.99. Though when I was at Walmart, same exact thing was $1.99/yd. I'm just now looking at all the other Fatcat designs! OMG so many cute ones!! Have you seen the one of Fishing Lures!?

Izzy.... Sorry you have another heat wave coming through... but at least it will give you another day or two in the pool!

Jana.... I'm with you.... no cloves! And I'm not a fan of nutmeg! I do like Pumpkin pie but it has to have a LOT of whipped Cream!!! :lol: am looking forward to going back to standard time---an extra hour of sleep... or sewing time!

Chriss.... Pumpkin muffin? Now you making me hungry! Does Jerry make muffins for you? Or do you cheat like I do and just hit the bakery at the grocery store. I think my favorite part of pumpkin muffins or bread is the cream cheese frosting. I mean, isn't cream cheese the most wonderful thing... it's so versatile.... frostings for cakes and dips for chips! :lol:

Flo... My goodness you guys have been busy! Can't wait to see pictures when it's all done.

Valerie... OH My... you had a tooth PULLED? no wonder you hurt! As gross as salt water rinses are.. they can really make a difference. Yup, that Ibu can do a number on your tummy... but it works so good. I wish I could take more often cause it's great on achy knees, but it does a number on my kidneys... so I have to watch it! I bought a bottle of #500 before I knew I shouldn't take it!

Maryz... The voice on my computer just read everything on the screen.. was weird.. I have NO idea what I did to make it talk to me. If I drove straight from my house to MSQ it would be about 6 hours, but I have to drive to Viv's in WI first and that's 4 hours. But I'd drive down there a day ahead. If you map-quest Ferryville, WI, that's where Viv is. Hope all goes well at Ernie's today and that you can get it all done in one day, and that you don't end up needing a DUMPSTER!

Sherry.... Sorry to hear you got the BUG! Resting is always the order of the day when you've been bitten by the cold/flu bug! Feet up, head back and take a nap!

Have you noticed that you can see who is online? Upper right corner of the person's name and info? Wouldn't it be great if we could Instant Message (hint hint)

Yes I did do a little damage at Hobby Lobby yesterday, but I was a good girl and walked right by all the Christmas Decor... as for SURE I don't need any more of that! Found a Dr. Seuss panel for my Nephew's quilt that I like better than the one I have, so grabbed that. and some background fabric for a 2nd tree skirt. Ran over to WM for groceries... every time I go there, I swear I am NEVER going again! They had ONE full service lane open,. 5 people standing in line. You are pretty much forced to use self check out... what a pain. And the one clerk open was an old timer (older than me) poor guy! Today I have to finish washing up the fabric I got and will see what else catches my eye in the sewing room. Need to put together my SS gift too!

Wishing you all a Terrific Tuesday

Return to “Sew ins”