Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Tuesday September 24

Daily discussions.
womster

Re: Tuesday September 24

Post by womster » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:02 am

Good morning!

Suzette - I also love Secret Santa. I'll also pass on spam-anything and pumpkin spice. Since I don't like cinnamon I don't get into the pumpkin spice. Oh well - that leaves more for everyone else!

Lois - good thing you were home to help DH find all his stuff.

Izzy - we're also having the hot weather. At least it's cool here in the mornings.

Jana - yes, HOAs stink in my opinion. Ours is very weak here and only runs $50 a year. The board floated an idea of raising dues, but it has to be voted on by the community so it will never happen. I'm sorry Aaron is being vexed by his. Hope you feel better soon.

Chriss - I'm going to have to look into these Brooks shoes.

Flo - I remember when we moved and went through all our books is when we started using the library almost exclusively. Enjoy your new sink drain.

Valerie - glad your feeling better from the dental woes.

Maryz - you are so sweet to help clean out Ernie's house. I hope it's a quick job for all involved.

Sherry - I hope you feel better soon as well. Joint aches are the pits. I'm glad you're just going to rest today.

Maryq - I've done that very same thing you have and turned on the 'talking keyboard'. It is rather unnerving! It's some combo of keys that does it but I couldn't tell you which ones. I love that Pellon fusible also. Our Walmart out here in the sticks has cashiers that are on oxygen and in their 80s. My heart hurts for them having to work at that time of life.

Becca - prayers for the twins and family.

Kathy - I've also been praying for you and Kimberly. Hope things are going better for both of you.

We are on track of having the hottest September ever on record. I am not a fan. Today I have a million things to do and need to decide on the 'musts' versus 'needs'. SIGH I think this is another stroke thing as I used to be able to plan and complete tasks and now it seems it's just a big pot of spaghetti. Oh well, at least I like spaghetti. Have a wonderful and blessed day! xoxo Sharona

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:17 am

good Sunny Cool Morning.........

The rest of today I'm on my own. Kimberly has 2 Dr appts & a friend coming over to make dinner(salmon)for her. Tomorrow she starts back to work. And I will start back to my old schedule but need to catch up on uglies & need to wash the out side of the windows. I bought the Fuller Brush(a name from the past)thing to fill with the cleaner & attach it to the hose & spray those windows clean clean clean! I'll let you know.

I moved the things around on my sewing tables so I hand quilt by the window. Keeping the quilt on a table will much better on my shoulders.

Suzette.......OMG!!! Pumpkin Spice Spam! After I read that I had to reread it. It seems every product has to be pushed as far as they can. Look at Coffee Mate. We are having some beautiful colored leaves but peak isn't for 2 weeks.

Lois.....I've picked out what I'm making my elf. I wish the Hobby Lobby wasn't so far from me, have fun.

Izzy......I like most pumpkin things.....not Spam! It's 66' here today. Yesterday we went up to 78'! Hope you busy includes sewing.

Jana.......Cloves seen to bother many people. I like to boil them with cinnamon in the winter, makes the house smell so good. Sorry to hear you are not feeling your regular self.

Chriss........well it looks like no one is liking Pumpkin Span! What were they thinking? I hope your redo of the SS gift goes smoothly.

Flo......looks like your house is moving along. I love redoing a kitchen.

Valerie......good to hear the tooth is getting better. My sister is going through the same thing. Soon she'll have a spacer(?)put in then a fake tooth. I never cared for orange but things changed last year, don't know why.

Maryz.......you asked what Kimberly does while we Skype? She sleeps a lot!
Ernie is blessed to have you & DH to clean out his little house.

Sherry.......so sorry your sick. A very good idea to stay home & rest. Oh yes, pumpkin spice caramel sound so so much better.

Maryq.....I'm sure my card in in the mail today. I've looked her and working on picking out some fabrics.
I'm with you pumpkin needs cream cheese frosting!

Love & Prayers.....Kathy

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:32 pm

Hi everyone!
I'll take everyone's share of pumpkin that doesn't like it but for sure not the spam. Yuck! I can't use cloves, ginger or nutmeg in baking, they all give me terrible acid.
We've been having a beautiful Fall day here, overcast, breezy and 64 most of the day, it finally hit 70 right now....I'm loving it!
I put in a few calls to the Dr's office, left messages and everything with no call back and now they're closed. I'm having some sharp pains in my head and face today so I just decided I'd watch a movie and keep still for awhile, one thing led to another and I missed half the movie because I fell asleep LOL
Dad had some injections done in his neck today and says he's feeling way better! He can't drive for a few days so Frankie is taking him some homemade chicken noodle soup for supper. Dad had a compartment door or hood fall on his head last May and has been having headaches and crunching in his neck when he'd move it ever since. Come to find out one side of his neck bones were all crumbled so that's why they gave him injections. The Dr said he wasn't sure if it would fix it or not but so far Dad says he can move his head without any pain right now.
Prayers for all in need.
Tina

Return to “Sew ins”