Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Sept 23rd

Daily discussions.
grammiequilts

Monday Sept 23rd

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:44 am

Good morning It is coolr today...My sis and I are going to IKEA today, havent been there in a long time. and we usually do lunch,,,so it will be a fun day, I do need some new dish towels. they are inexpensive and do well...I might look at a few other things,, Might to swedish lunch or chilis.

finished all the homeless wraps last night and worked on my wool table runner,,,more of that this evening,,,

well coffe and getting my hairs combed are on my list...hope you all have a great day XXXXXOOOOO

Maryq the leaves up north are starting to turn, We would go up a couple of weeks later in the years to see them the view is spectacular but as you know the threat of snow is very real in october,,,i might not stay but every once and a while it comes and we wouldnt want to get stuck in our camper.

Sophia won her first ever hockey game she plays on a boys team and they are prtty good She is very competitive,,,there are onlt 2 girls on her team.

fabricgirl

Re: Monday Sept 23rd

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:59 am

Good morning Judi,

Nothing new here I watch a little football yesterday everyone was happy Minnesota won that's my DHS team Saints won that's my son's team and the cowboys won that's my Bil team and the Giants won that's Dd and Dd inlaws team.
Today I will continue making my Elfs gift then move on to something else .

Judi have a great day with your sister.
Prayers go out to all.
Lois

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:01 am

Good Monday morning!
Today is my quilt group. I always enjoy the group. We are focusing on kids quilt tops for now and I got two finished. I made a trip to my quilt shop hoping to find some kids fabric in his $1 a yd boxes, but no luck.
So I just worked up what I found in the stash at church in our donation collection. It's amazing what comes to mind when you know that's all you have and need to make it all come together. The tops turned out kinda cute ( I think).
Well, have a great week. I need to drink my coffee before it gets too cold.
LOL
Vel
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:07 am

Good morning everyone,sunny here.
TWINS update Brodee will be having more tests today.Thanks for Remembering him.Hadlee is doing well with Her Juju.Grandmother.

Quilting isn’t Church today.Will go there to help.
Judi Your Sophie sounds just like ours.Shes very competitive too.Happy for her she won.Guess being raised with 4 brothers you have to be that way.lol

Velda Enjoy your Quilt group.

Chris I just got new tennys too.I got Brooks.My DD recommended them as she & my DGD wear them.I like mine.You did find a great deal.

Kathy So Happy Kim will be able to return to work.Youre a great Mom.

Must get moving to get ready.Have a great day everyone. Becca
Prayers for all in need. Becca

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:14 am

Good Morning Gals~

Back to the grind of a Monday morning. Cold here, have had the heat on due to the dampness of rain. Seems like we went from summer to winter in the same week. Burr

I'm still plugging away at my 'Orange' quilt, so many small pieces lol. So far am happy with it. :lol:

Judi~ We just went to Ikea last Wednesday. We go to the one in Richmond, Canada as it is so close, plus the $ goes about 25% further up there. Came home with a bunch of kitchen items for the camper as well as several pkg. of tea lights.

I plan to bake apple crisp as I have a ton of apples that need to be used up. It makes the house smell cozy and Fall like. Yum

Off to find more coffee.. Blessings to all

Sue

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:29 am

Good morning!

Up here at the beginning of morning. Michael was kind enough to share his cold with me, so my coughing kept me awake most of the night. I will make sure to disinfect this post and not share with you!

So I guess I will be moving slow today. A bit of laundry and a bit of sewing.

We are cold here and the mountains across the valley are starting to turn colors. You can see the reds from my house. Won't be long and the mountains will be aflame in beautuful colors.

Do something fun!

Hugs,
Jana

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:49 am

Good morning -

Just a drive-by for me this morning - have lots of errands and must stop by the church to get some training on new stuff. The races in Pueblo were fun on Saturday - DGD came in 9th so that was cool. Have a glorious day! xoxo Sharona

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:58 am

[i]Good morning,

JUDI - IKEA is almost like a small carnival to me. I love going. Bill hates going. And since it's quite a drive for us, we rarely go. Congrats to Sophia! I bet she is flying high today! Will you maybe take a car trip north to see the leaves? You usually go to Frankenmuth in late fall, don't you?

JANA - well, I checked the score and am happy to report that your 'Niners won their game. Not so our Hawks. Or Broncos. They are our back-up team because my DBIL is a fan. If you are needing/wanting to take a heating pad to church with you, have you looked into knee replacement surgery? Or is that 'down the line' still?

MARY Q - Oh, go to MSQC! We were there about 4 yrs ago. They've remodeled and added more stores since then. As you know it's a quilter's Disneyland! Save any shopping you have to do until then if you can. I love your quilts! Especially the cheery cherry one!

CHRISS - I hope you had Christmas fun while sewing yesterday! Did you play Christmas music or watch a Christmas movie while sewing? I listen to Christmas mysteries in my play room during the season. I rarely see my son either. He works all week and she works most weekends, plus house, yard, writing, friends, hiking, camping, keep them pretty occupied, not to mention it's a long drive between us. Young people are busy. I'm glad for them having such full lives, but I wish there were a little more Mom Time.

ROSEBUD - Did you make progress on your sewing project yesterday? I got quite a bit done for my Elf. Today - another little bit. After I put binding on a queen quilt.

SUZETTE - I saw that Old School quilt shop on FB. Looks like a very fun place!

CAROLE - Yay! You were here!! Hope your special day was happy! How is Ken feeling? and you? What are you working on now? We aren't planning to go south this year. We just got back from going north and I havent' had my fill of home yet. How are those wonderful grands doing?

SUE - The seasons sure changed quickly this year, didn't they! We'll be camping at Fort Worden in Pt Townsend Oct 1, 2, 3 and I'm hoping for temps to break 60. Don't think that will happen, though. Apple crisp. You got Bill's attention! Are you done canning yet? I was given 8 brand new Ball 4 oz. jars with flip-top/shaker lids designed for dried herbs. Would you like them?

LOIS - you really had a winning football day at your house! Sadly, your win meant our loss. I think our Hawks (and all of us fans!) thought New Orleans would be a 'breeze' without Brees. So we got overconfident. Serious error on Seahawks' (and fans!) part! Congrats!

VELDA - sounds like you had a lot of fun at your quilt group! If you can't find kid-themed fabric, you can always use what you have and piece or applique kid items - choo choos, animals, sports things, trucks, etc.

BECCA - Will be watching for your next twin report after their tests. and praying for purrfect results! You and Chriss are reminding me to go shoe shopping one of these days. I'm really not much of a shopper unless it's fabric or thrift bargains. Not even shoes.

CINDY - has that storm affected you at all? Did you see the baby over the weekend? Did you finish his quilt? What's it going to look like?

Friday I got my machine back from the Bernie spa. The plastic housing was chipped and last spa visit they said they'd replace it - for $162 - that it wasn't covered by my maintainance agreement. I said no. This time, they did replace it - no charge! I wonder if they chipped it even more! Or if someone made a mistake. My machine's name is "Chip" because of that chip (thank you, Chriss!) so now I have to pretend the chip that inspired his name is still there.

Yesterday I did laundry while watching the Broncos lose and then the Seahawks. :( and I got in a little bit of time in my sewing room working on my Elf's gift. I hope she likes it because I'm sure enjoying making it! Today I'll be washing fabric, sewing, and I plan to bake some cookies - not sure what kind yet. Tomorrow we're meeting Bill's sister and cousin at Uncle Ernie's house and starting the big clean-out. Ugh. 95% of everything will be donated to an organization that assists battered women get a fresh start in life. I'm going equipped with a cooler of drinks, cookies, garbage bags, hand sanitizer, and the phone number of the nearest pizza delivery joint. Not to mention ibuprofen! Going to be a very long day. Our dog isn't going to be happy. And speaking of our dog, he has a hair appt this afternoon. He HATES being groomed. But his sheltie coat is so fluffy right now he looks like a big black hairball rolling down the hallway! Last week the vet mentioned he had gained a pound, but I think it's all hair!

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Monday filled with full bobbins everywhere!

Mary Z[/i]

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:02 am

Good morning ladies. Read all but can't stay. Dang job!

Maryz - someone I knew used my credit card without my knowledge. I called the card company and told them. They dismissed those charges. You might have a hard time proving that Uncle Ernie had $1,000 in his wallet though.

Sue - great to see you. How many weeks until you leave to come here?

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:03 am

Ok, i give up..tried to save a draft and come to it. Third try and still no draft. Will check in later.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

Return to “Sew ins”