Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday September 18,2019

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Wednesday September 18,2019

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 am

Good Morning Everyone,
Well we have nice cool temps its 57 out we slept with windows open what a nice change.
Yesterday my son called me and said his father in law had a heart attack dont know the whole storey but if you can spare a few prayers I would appreciate it.
Today is a bj's run and shoprite when I get home I'm working on a set of pillows so I will be doing them.

Well that's it for the news everyone have a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois

billizzy

Re: Wednesday September 18,2019

Post by billizzy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:42 am

Good morning.

Lois I am jealous. Still in the high 90s here. Crazy hot. I still have pool open we usually close it first week of Sept. Not this year.

Shew, yesterday was busy. Love working with the lil ones they are so cute. I have preschool and K for the most part. Today is my 4th to 6th graders. Just have 7 of them :) They are only in school half day on Wed. So only work 4 hrs today :)

Nothing new here. My DS will be 29 Sunday and my anniv is friday 33 yrs. Got to make a cake for the sweet boy. I cant get over my baby being so old.

Well lil man just got her gotta run.
🐐izzy

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:27 am

Good morning everyone,still partly dark so have no clue how weather will be.Sure hope we cool down here.

Lois Prayers for The FIL.Enjoy pillow making.I haven’t made any in a long time.

Izzy Congrats on your Anniversary.And HBirthday to DS.Hope your school year goes well.

Judi I google the web site on MK blankets.What a wonderful project those Sisters came up with.They look like they would be so warm.

Brodee got off his Ventilator yesterday.They both had good reports on eye exams.

It’s ugly day here.Tallulah Sawyer & Wren come Yesterday.We had a fun time.Wren has changed so much since her siblings go to School.Talking a lot more.
Have a great day everyone & Prayers for all in need. Becca

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:12 am

a Good morning I just deleted my whole post,,,,??? Here goes again, Hope you are all doing well today,, Listned to the Hockey game last night while I cut more blocks for the vintage Christmas quilt 20 to go...this is a for no reason quilt so I can just work on it when I want...no pressure, ( Wings won) I will work on wraps today too..

Not cooking tonite we will go to Nolans football game at 4 and probably grab a bite after....thats my plan anyway...XXXXXOOOOO have a great dy

Becca so glad the twins are doing well..any day now I hope there will be pictures to go with our prayers...

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:16 am

Good wonderful morning, The weather is cooling and fall is coming. I just love this weather.

I've been wanting to tell you about the fruit salad we had at our quilt meeting. Tons of fruit and the sauce was pineapple juice and sugar free vanilla pudding mix. She took the pineapple juice and added the pudding powder and said she just made it like a thick Italian dressing. boy oh boy was it good.

And, to beat Maryz and Izzy at it. we are 99 days to Christmas. The news just showed a piece where you can buy Mac N Cheese flavored and Kale flavored candy canes.

Becca, wonderful news about the twins. I bet that new antibiotic will kick that infection to the curb. I am just amazed at the improvement those little ones have made. Nice to have your son home for a few days. How do you freeze apples? don't they get mealy or brown?

Izzy, I am also trying to not buy fabric. You've made some pretty quilts, glad you are here to do it. Fun isn't it, when you are excited about secret Santa. I am also loving mine and can't wait to get something neat made. I have a plan in my head, just hoping it works.

Sharona, Jerry would love to come shoot his gun when your coyotes get wild but he can't board the plane with his gun. Sorry. Yikes, $800 at the vet. We have had that discussion here. I think $200 is our utmost limit. Heard a story about a dog who swallowed a glove and needed $3,000 in surgery, it prompted me to remind Jerry about the $200 limit. How is your DS doing? and your grands?

Jana, when you go to put things in your trust don't forget your cars. When we bought the Subaru we forgot to register it to the trust. So the title says Jerry and Chriss instead of Jerry and Chriss trust. So if we die today the car will be the inheritance issue. so glad the fire is out.

Maryq, why don't you like your tree skirt I bet it's adorable. Yes, I have a note book, I am only second to you in the notebook gathering hall of fame. I will take good notes, maybe even with pictures.

Kathy, can the back of your new chair be raised.

Lois, prayers for your DS's father in law. We have also had the windows open here lately. It's wonderful.

Izzy, what kind of cake. I just may show up to the party. Happy birthday your son and happy anniversary to you.

Becca, too funny. Wren is a talker. With the other kids at school it's so much easier to get a word in. give those kids a squeeze from me.

Judi, that was the quickest catch up ever. enjoy the vintage for no reason quilt. Enjoy Nolan's Football game, tell him I hope he makes a basket, that ought to get a groan out of him.

I could use prayers for my brother. He has heart stuff going on. He's had multiple bypasses and stents and such. Now he has 5 veins (?) that are too small for stents that are clogging. It's hereditary. His dad died in his 50's of this.

You all have a groovy day,
Chriss
Exodus 33:14

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:41 am

Good morning,

LOIS - prayers offered for your son's FIL. Is this the son who just got married?

IZZY - happy anniversary! and happy birthday to your son! Those kids do have a way of getting old! My GRANDS are 22 and 26. But I'M only about 35. :lol:

BECCA - good news on the twins!

CHRISS - you did beat me! BEcause I counted up the days until Christmas and was going to announce them here today because I knew everyone would want to hear it! We used to have a vet limit, too. And then Scottie got sick (thank you, Vicki, for feeding him cubes of butter and rotten food). Neither of us blinked an eye when we handed over our credit card to pay the $1,200 bill. We incurred over $2,000 in vet bills that summer . . (dog stays on a leash now!) So sorry to hear of your brother's ills. Remembering him in prayer.

JUDI - Some quilts are just like that - because they are there. I'm still waiting for my Vintage Christmas to be quilted and I have FGV (my second one) all cut out and pieces in sandwich bags, with, I think, 6 blocks finished. We were camped in Utah 2 years ago with my sister and she got the flu and had a 2-day trip home. She needed a quilt so I gave her my FGV.

I see QIAD has the Vintage Christmas book on sale - 30% off, no postage.

Today is moving day for Ernie. His wound infection is worse and being on palliative care, they aren't doing anything for it except anti-microbial bandages. They say he would never survive the surgery he needs to clean it up, and even side effects from the big-gun antibiotics it would take to heal it would probably would do him in. He hasn't eaten more than 2 or 3 bites of food a day for 2 months now. He is very weak, in pain (he DOES get pain meds), and isn't going to pull out of this. So the adult family home will make him comfortable and it will be a much more pleasant setting for him. I got the binding on his fidget quilt yesterday but I'm not sure now that it's something he'll use.

We're out to supper tonite with two other couples. We all get together a couple times a year to catch up. There's always so much to talk about that we end up lingering over dinner for 3 hours.

Wishing everyone an endless bobbin today!
mary z

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:06 am

Good morning!

Just a very cool morning here today. It is the time of year that it is hard to manage staying the right temp - too cold not to turn on the furnace and too hot and you still need the AC. My basement - Batt Cave - stays the same temp all year - a nice 72, it was warmer than my main floor all day yesterday.

Not much here. Ethan sewed the long side borders on yesterday. Today, the top and bottim borders. Then to the LA. I am behaving with his quilt, the borders needed to be pieced together. So when I cut and measured, I thought to save him time, I would just zip those seams together, but behaved, he will sew all of the quilt himself. We have a goal to have it done before Disneyland, he just doesn't know the goal reason. LOL!

A couple of uglies, then play.

Hugs,
Jana

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:13 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. it is cool now but supposed to start getting hot again and be almost 90 by the end of the week. Went to DGS2 John Junior High football game yesterday. They lost again. They haven't scored a touchdown in 3 games yet. A positive thing is that though mostly they use the eighth graders and John is in the seventh grade he has been getting to play quite a bit. He is a tackle and a good size boy. This is his first year playing football so he is still learning a lot of things. I know they will win soon. (I hope)

Becca so glad the twins are making progress.

Well need to go and get some errands run. Will check back later and read all of your posts.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:16 am

Lois - prayers for your son's FIL. You are so lucky to be so cool. Finally this morning it was down to 78* on my way to work.....it's raining due to a tropical depression just south and east of us but at least it brought the temps down. I'm sick of HEAT!

Izzy - your boy is 29. Wait until they are almost 50 - then you realize how old you are. Still hot here, too. I'm sick of HEAT!

Becca - do you think Wren is talking more because she can get more talking in with the other two away at school? LOL Hooray for good eye exams and that Brodee got off the vent.

Judi - good for you - no cooking tonight and you get to watch Nolan. Ain't life grand?

Chriss - prayer for your brother. The artery stuff is hereditary. I got mine from my mother who died at 47 and that's why I thought I'd die young, too, and didn't prepare for old age. That's why I have to keep working and can't retire. Here I am, 68 and still kicking. Who'd a thunk? Gosh, I never thought about putting "trust" on the car titles. $200 dog limit - we will be paying a little more than that on Friday to have Schatzi's teeth cleaned and have a couple extractions due to periodontal disease. If it were cancer or heart problems I'd say our limit would be $50. She will be 13 next month so I'm expecting something bad pretty soon. Oh, that fruit salad sounds good!

Maryz - gosh, sounds like Uncle Ernie might not even make the trip to his new home. We didn't move our granny because they said it would kill her so she didn't get moved. Bill is a good nephew. Enjoy your dinner out with friends tonight.

Work will be a bitch the next couple of months. I'm so far behind and our year end is Sept. 30. New things keep getting thrown at me - like positive pay at the bank. I have to send in a report of every check I write with the name, check number and amount - if I don't get that in, the bank will be sending back checks. UGH!!!! Gotta go.

I hope we can all fondle fabric today.

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:14 am

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST Brodee has fluid on his brain & must be flown to Charlotte for surgery.Please please pray for our precious baby.Thanks from the bottom of our Hearts.
Levi Taylor Becca

Return to “Sew ins”