Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Monday Sept 16th

Daily discussions.
zfatcat

Re: Monday Sept 16th

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:17 am

The sunrise over the Wasatch mountains is absolutely beautiful this morning. It will be my last on for awhile. I'm headed home to Southern California this morning. Had a wonderful weekend with my son celebrating his 40th birthday. We did a hike up to Adams Canyon waterfall yesterday. It was beautiful. Very difficult, but worth the effort.

Have a lovely day. Lori
Lori 8-)

KATHYSQUILTS

Post by KATHYSQUILTS » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:43 am

Good Sunny Morning.....

I'm trying to get my post in before Kimberly Skypes me. All things are improving for her & she my be back to work in a week or two.

I've not been getting any sewing done but my knitting is getting longer.

The trees are starting to turn & one morning it was 62' in the house.

Judi......sorry you had difficulties sleeping. Looks like you'll have some extra time to get all you need done. What a wonderful project for the girls. Your right it's better for them to drop off at the shelters.

Izzy.......happy for you & DH. A weekend a way & quilting What could be better. Enjoy with time your mom. How are you feeling?

Lois....I have a few loads to do today & 2 to fold already.. At least well be clean. :)

Vel.....Happy Dance, got my Elf's name too. Can't wait to start. Have fun.
Have fun visiting you son.

Valerie.......hope you get rain. I'm going to starting about things for my SS. I have someone I do knot know. Maybe I can get her to check in here with us. Are you going to the dentist today? If so good luck.

Chriss......love the sound of your plan......I'm going to look up my elf after this. How nice it will be to get it all done from home.

Becca.......you sound busy for today. So happy the twins are doing well.

Love & Prayers.........Kathy

maryq

Post by maryq » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:08 am

Good Morning Girls

Going to get HOT here today.. may have to turn on the AC!!! And Just MIGHT go outside today and work a bit in the garage.... a little clean up in the before winter comes!

Judi... I think I was up about the same time as you... only it was still dark so I went back to bed! Sounds like you have a list of "When I get around to it" I have the same list... it includes cupboard cleaning and window washing... so many other things we'd rather do right? Like SEW!

Izzy.... I didn't realize you went to Paducah for your "romantic weekend" Your DH must really love you to take you there!

Lois.... How did you get in and out of Fabric Warehouse with NOTHING... and Joann with only "wunder-under" I think I've done that once in my life!

Valerie.... Oh darn... don't remind me... I need to call DDS too.... just for a check up... I don't know why I put it off.... It's just one more of those "get around to it" things I guess. Good to know your little Mom will get medical care for pregnancy and baby---so important.

Chriss…. How fun to be able to meet Valerie..... You will take lots of pictures won't you? Haven't looked on Pinterest yet for my SS... I don't dare until I'm ready to sit and be overwhelmed by all the ideas. It's kind of "black hole" once you start looking around there.

Becca.... Hope your days goes smoothly too! Sounds like you will be spending a good deal of time in the car!

Maryz…. Hope you and Bill can find the perfect place for Ernie... always such a worry to find a good place. Having worked with various nursing homes and asst living places.. I at least knew which places I would NEVER want to be put! And when we needed a place for my Mom, I knew which was a nice place for her. I hope my kids never have to make that decision... I should give them a list of where I won't want to go! LOL

Jana... Oh gosh, It must be ESP... I laid awake last thinking of the same thing... A lawyer for a Trust, POA and will! I have a couple places I need to call today. I've had a will for 18 years, but after my little stint at the hospital, I think I need to go one step further! My poor Kevin will have to be the one to take care of everything. Hope your appointment goes well.

Lyn... It still amazes me that your folks have been married 79 years... that has to be almost a world record. When is Dad's birthday.. if he's 100 & 3/4?

Lori... Saw the pictures of your hike! It did look like a beautiful area! Safe travels home!

Kathy... Are you knitting a long scarf? I picked up some baby yarn when I was out the other day... might make up some baby hats for the local hospital... it's a good TV project!

Think I'll go get some more coffee and head out to the garage.. I really need to clean it up a little before winter comes and take a little break from sewing.... unless I get the garage done and have some time left in my afternoon. Could NOT get to sleep last night thinking of all the little projects I want to do..... So anxious to start the Gnome quilt, but since I have my Christmas Swap blocks all put together, and I have backing for it... I think I'd like to finish that first! The tree skirt is all sewn down, just need to figure out how to pin and quilt! that might be tomorrow project! OH and my mind is spinning with ideas for me Elf!! :D :D

time for fly

Wishing you all a Marvelous Monday

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:15 am

Good morning all! Just got back from my Monday morning breakfast at Bob Evans. It is my way of starting off the week on a good note. Not much going on today. Need to do some dusting and sweeping in the house. Working on the wall hanging for my Elf. Hope she likes it. My DIL makes beautiful baskets so she is making me one to put all the little goodies in for my Elf to enjoy. Not waiting until the last minute and have some good ideas. With the new Hobby Lobby in town I can get just about anything I need for my Elf.

Judi - Boy you were up and going very early. I wasn't even thinking about getting up at that time.

Izzy - I went to the Paducah Spring Quilt Show one time when my DS1 lived in Owensboro. I had a really good time. I can understand though about 2 shows competing against each other.

Varlerie - I must have missed the story about your DGS and his girlfriend's illness. Glad she is going to get some Medicaid to help her out.

Chriss - Where is your Quilt Show bus trip taking you in October? I am sure you will have a great time. I love going to quilt shows.

Kathy - So glad that Kimberly is improving. Tell her we are praying for her.

Becca - Thanks for the report on the twins. I know it is a very long road to getting completely well. I pray for them each morning when I do my devotions.

Well, better get my act together and get something going. Hope everyone has a good day.

Sherry

womster

Post by womster » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:38 am

Good morning!

Didn't sleep well last night - ding dang coyotes made two kills - one around 11 and then again around 3. Not a pleasant sound to be awakened with. We took the dog into the vet to get her kidneys and urine reanalyzed - hope it's good news. Now I'm running out the door for Costco but wanted to post here first. I'll read when I get back home. xoxo Sharona

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:56 am

Chriss, The 2 teens who started Mckensie and Kate were 12 and 14 when they designed a wrap with very large pockets out of fleece to give to the homeless they have 2 flaps that drape over the shoulders and long in the back...the first 2 years they handed out over 400 wraps. the girls cut all the wraps out of fleece purchased with donations and pin the pockets in place. We at our guild take as many as we can and hem all the edges and sew the pockets in place. I use a zigzag stitch to hem and stright for the pocket...we took 30 to finish this year,,,, The web site is MKBlanketwraps.org. to learn more...These girls are amazing as they purchase some basic sewing machine and started sewing classes for homeless and shelter folks///to give them a skill and to make them feel worthwhile...all with donations..some of these ladies wanted to make gifts for their kids or other,,,they have so little yet wanting to give...I have met the girls a couple of times and I am always amazed...Kids get a bad reputation of being spoiled and entitled...little credit is given to these girls and their big hearts..

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Lori - good thing you did that hike this weekend. Adams canyon is now on fire and burning quickly and forcing evacuations. You have irreplacable pictures now.

Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:49 pm

Jana, what a shame. Hope they are able to put it out soon.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm

They are dealing with very high winds that is driving the fire. They are attacking it from the air, but of course there are idiot drones which could hamper. There is a cold front coming that as it passes, the wind will shift and blow the fire back onto itself. That iscwhat we are praying for.

Return to “Sew ins”