Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

sunday 9/15/2019

Daily discussions.
maryq

Re: sunday 9/15/2019

Post by maryq » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:48 am

Good Morning Girls
Okay All Secret Santa names are out.... Let me know if I missed anybody

Judi.... With two in hockey and one if football. your surely will be running every which way. When Shawn played hockey, I think I spent most of my days in the car! It was fun tho! Our drug store sponsored his team, so the back of their jerseys said "St. Michael Drug"

Becca... Who knew that hearing a baby cry was a good thing! I bet that sound is music to Levi and Taylor!

Lois... Thanks for the heads up about the snowmen! I went and registered right away. Found perfect back ground for the snowmen when I was at Joann... better yet it was on clearance... so I took all they had.. a pale gray! Now I just need the patience to wait for each design to come out!

Maryz… Yup, Kevin came out and we put in the new fixture...works perfect! Boy wouldn't that be great if Ernie could be so close! I bet he would love a fidget quilt... Ok I'll cheer for the Seahawks today!

Diane... What a wonderful story of the surprise for the Vets! I love hearing the stories of your presentations. If you go to Google Maps... and google St. Michael, MN. you will see where I live.. just NW of downtown Minneapolis!

Jana. LOL out your response to being asked to sew dresses ! I made a wedding dress for my sister... but the wedding was called off so she never wore it. And I've made flower girl dresses... but I think I would draw the line too at making 4 or 5 bridesmaid dresses. Funny how so much attention is paid to the WEDDING... but not the MARRIAGE!

Lyn... How are your folks doing? Is it your turn to be with them? When do you head to Texas?

Valerie... Another reason I'm happy to be retired... I don't have to do CE's any more!!! Will say some extra prayers for your Dad... as a nurse I'm sure you know all the signs that things are changing for him.

Chriss… How nice that they have chartered a bus for you!!! Sure would make it easy to go! They have shop hops once in a while up here where the hire bus... I'm tempted to go sometime.

Well it's after 11:00am here already... Yesterday I cleaned the house like crazy--dusted, vac'd, washed all the floors, cleaned off the dining room table, started laundry, so today I get to PLAY... all the gnomes are sewed down on the tree skirt, just need to add some stars to the background it... and then figure out how to layer/pin/quilt it.

And now I need more coffee!!!

Have a Super Sunday Everybody!
Last edited by maryq on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:57 am

UGH!!!!! Mary, way to make me sit on the edge of my seat. :D
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:10 am

Mary Q thank you I'm excited to get busy.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:33 am

Point of clarifaction - this bridezilla has earned this title on her own. It started with all the beauty pageants she competed in, in past years. Her mother is fueling the spoiled bridezilla attitude. They are not wanting any help or input in all the planning. They hired a wedding planner for all that. The three sisters would love to help, but have been informed they know nothing about planning a wedding and their opinions and help is not wanted. They are to do exactly what they are told, no matter what. Work schedules will not be tolerated, they are to be there, no matter what. Kate has a bit more flexibilty, but that weekend is a no off for all on Aaron's shift. It is the beginning of travel for Thanksgiving. All hands in deck. The three sister's are all married too. I know my Kate will be in tears, more than once in how her mother treats her. I will be here to pick up the pieces and listen. That is what a good MIL tries to do.

Jana

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 am

Jana. I truly apologize. There I went making my opinion without all the facts. If I were Katy I think I would suddenly be to sick to attend. After all, a person only has 4 cheeks then they run out
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:49 am

Chris's no problem, you would be right in what you said in 99 out of 100 situations. Good words of advice. Thanks
Jana

WeeOne

Post by WeeOne » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:50 pm

For those asking, I'm back at the house in Estes Park. My turn started Sept 3rd and goes to October 3rd. We will leave for Texas about the 7th of Oct.

Dad is 100 3/4, Mom turned 98 last month and they celebrated their 79th Wedding Anniversary on August 5th.

Dad lives in a senior Apt complex, with meals in the dining room and activities every day, though he doesn't do many of those. He remembers to take his pills, most days and changes his clothes daily, except his blue jeans. Sometimes I have to set a pair out and tell him I'm doing jeans in the laundry the next day. He gets around well with a cane. His dementia is getting worse, short and long-term, but hey he's over 100❗

Mom is in a nursing home/rehab facility. She is either in the wheelchair or in bed. She's on pureed food and can no longer feed herself. She doesn't talk most days and if she does it's one or two words. If you ask to see her smile, she usually does. I think Mom understands a lot and I think her memory is better than Dad's.

I take Dad to see Mom every day, do his laundry and take him to any appointments. Also just spend some time with both.

I don't understand, especially Mom, but God has them here for a reason and will take them in His time.

Thank You for asking and thank you for your prayers ❣️
Lyn

Return to “Sew ins”