Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Saturday September 14th

Daily discussions.
suzette58

Saturday September 14th

Post by suzette58 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:25 am

Good morning everyone.
I have started my shopping for my Secret Santa. I love doing this. Surprises are so much fun. I am almost done with hubby’s motorcycle wall hanging. For once something I came up with in my mind has worked! :D Then I will take the paper piecing project out of timeout. I had to take a break from it. Now I need some ideas from you guys. We have an outside stairwell that needs some cement work. One of hubby’s friends does that kind of work and has said he would do it. Well, he hasn’t shown up or called. I need ideas of where to look for someone. I thought of the realtor we used to buy the house. Hoping she would know someone. Well I am off to get another cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Suzette
Suzette

fabricgirl

Re: Saturday September 14th

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:56 am

Good Morning Suzette and all who follow,
Today is up in the air I might venture out to go look for some sashing as i am almost done with my gnomes Christmas quilt as well.
We are suppose to get a visit from Billy and Melissa today she uses a nail salon down this way and he has to pick up his mail.

Well that's all of my news I hope Everyone has a great day prayers go out to all.
Lois.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:39 am

Good morning, I am Home. we traveled through storms but missed the majority,,,it is a lot warmer here than up north, I had to turn the AC on,,What is up with this weather? I was expecting ity to strt getting cold,,but it is our late summer...

Today i will unpack the camper and do a hundred loads of laundry,,,I should hit the grocery store later. sp many projects to start...I do need to pull some fall decor out and dress up the house a bit...Christmas shopping is not far behind Suzette. I have my new Christmas wreaths to do too.

We came home last night and plugged in the camper and left to go to my Grand daughters birthdsy,,,it was fun and great to see the family I even got to see my great grandson Ryker,,,He started pre school and it loving it.

well I need coffee and to get this show on the road...Ken is still slepping and will be for awhile Im sure..

Have a wonderful day,,,XXXXOOOOO

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:36 am

Hello everyone,
TWINS UPDATE Brodee had a rough day yesterday.Stuck multiple times trying to get pic line back in.He still need to finish his meds for infection.Hadlee is having trouble gaining weight.Both need prayers.Hadlee is off the ventilator.
Thank you for praying. Becca

Quiltmom

Post by Quiltmom » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 am

Good morning all! Just a quick stop in today. My DGS1's team won last night in a very close game. I am so tired and my legs really hurt from all the walking last night. The team has a nice thing in that after they win the families of the team members go out on the field and mingle with the team. My DIL took a picture of me and my DGSs together one in their uniform and the younger one had on his football jersey. Looking forward to making a copy and hanging on my picture wall. I also got to meet his coach who is also his track coach and he was very nice.

Becca - Will be keeping the twins in my prayers like I always do. Hope things start to get better soon.

Judi - So glad you got home safely. Now the fun begins - cleaning out camper and doing the wash. So glad you had a good time.

Guess I better get going. Smoke and Sweetie have already been fed so now it is time to get my newspaper and feed me. it is a lot cooler here today than yesterday and the humidity is a lot better. The next week is supposed to be pretty nice.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Sherry

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 am

Good morning.

The quilt show in the garden was wonderful. My sister and I met up with Jana and Sarah for a bit. It was so great to meet Sarah and walk around with them. This is a show to see. The gardens are so beautiful and there are lots of quilts. Will definitely do this one again.

Today we are going to the state fair to see the exhibits.

Have a wonderful day.
Lori 8-)

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:25 am

Good morning,!

SUZETTE - congrats on the motorcycle wallhanging! Your hubby will love it! As for your cement repair, if it's your friend's job, he could be busy and just hasn't gotten around to it yet, or he might have forgotten? Is it possible to simply ask him? If not, your realtor may know. Or you might cook up concrete repairs - there are companies who do this specific thing. My DD worked for a property management company managing rentals and she knew all the places to call for all the repairs. Sadly, (for me) that daughter now lives in - wait for it - Virginia!!

LOIS - you were really fast with that quilt! Have a nice visit with your kids today.

JUDI - welcome home! Sorry about the storms (and the laundry) but looks like nice weather at home! I can't believe Ryker is already in pre-school!

CHRISS - happy birthday a day late to Jerry! Was there cake? There should have been cake! I'm so glad Marilyn called him. What a sweet gift! Poor Moose. Scottie never catches squirrels either but not for lack of trying! Scot sends Moose a woof. Thank you for your congrats on Mike. And yes, I'm over the moon proud of him! What a great story about the little boy, the shirt, and UT!! Take THAT, Bullies!!

SHERRY - I hope the storms didn't attend your DGS's game! Ahh, those knees - the bane of those of us of "a certain age". Or, in my case - hips. Thanks for wanting to buy my son's book. I'll add more info at the end of this post.

SHARONA - 40's already?? You know what comes after that?!?

MARY Q - your snowman fabric sounds purrfect! I also like white Fairy Frost for that snowy effect. It kind of shimmers and gives dimension. Hope you got out yesterday. Did you try tightening the light bulb in your fixture?

BECCA - Off the ventilator is a HUGE step! Poor Brodee with all the pokes. They are such little fighters!

JANA & LORI - I'm sure you had an awesome day yesterday!! Did you get any new quilt ideas? Jana, I've seen several weddings where the attendants could wear any dress they wanted of a certain color. It added another layer of interest to the wedding party.

CINDY - well I guess it's good to be needed! But you probably need a disguise when you come into work so you have time to park your car and get your coffee and dial up your friends!!

VAL - I knew there was a lot of shifting of staff at your work but not that your regional manager had resigned. I hope your own job is secure. I know this isn't state that there this week, but I always hated those inspections, as necessary at they are.

We stopped to see Uncle Ernie last night while in Seattle and are going back this morning. He is being examined by a nurse from an outside company to asses his physical needs. Then, according to her findings, they will figure out the best place, probably a group home, that can meet those needs. He is sliding downhill quickly. Refuses to eat, extreme weight loss, and now his wound is infected. Again. And his mind is totally gone.

I was able to get a start on a few Sept lotto blocks yesterday but it's slow going lately. But that's OK. I needed a break from my machine anyway. Which, actually is in the shop right now. I've been using my back-up machine for 3 weeks.

Thank you all for your sweet words about my son and his book. For those who asked about him, you can Google ML Erdahl and up he pops! He wrote a cozy mystery. He plans it to be a series about a young woman adventure guide in the PNW wilderness. He already has the second book written but it's in the editing phase. This book is called Winter Takes All. Because it's seasonal, set in winter, the publisher held off publication date until October 23. On Mike's website there is a link to pre-order it sent to any device. He is also on FB. I however, like most of you, prefer a paper copy. He said they can be ordered from Amazon On October 23. An audio version will also be available, hopefully by then. What I was able to get from him last night was a paperback version for him to sign at this 4-day PNW author's convention where there were several authors signing books at a special evening event. I think hardbacks will be available from Amazon but not for another month. His publisher is Wild Rose Press.

Got to run. Have to be in Seattle by 0800!

Have a super Saturday!
mary z

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 am

Good morning world!

I have caught a bit of a cold or increase in allergies or something. Sneezing, running nose, tight chest. I will chill for the weekend except for taking care of Dad and hopefully nothing will come of it.
Suzette we have an online group called Next Door (then what ever is closest to your street). People often post on there if you ask who others have used. Be aware that businesses can pay to be on Annie's list so I never use that.
Grammie I need to do laundry too. I had the caregiver skip it yesterday as I didn't want the house to heat up more than it was already going to. !00* here yesterday and my washer and drying are in the house. I can work on it today when it is cooler.
Becca great news that Hadlee is off the vent. Even if she is not gaining weight as fast as doctors would like, her being able to breath without the vent in great progress. I am assuming they are receiving tube feedings? I cannot imagine having to get a pick line in Brodee. That vein would be so small.
Much to my surprise Joint Commission passed us with just 2 small deficiencies. So we can relax a bit and start putting together a plan to get things in place. I think she realized the only progress that had been made was the in the 6 months the director and I had been there. (not bragging but it's a reality). I was really worried we didn't have 3 yrs of records but no body before us bothered to do them. Not much we can do. The regional clinical director mentioned something to me and I just said I cannot and will not take responsibility for what happened before me. That should have been addressed before now. She didn't have much to say after that. Right now I do not fear my job is in jeopardy. We are having census difficulties but trying to work on it. I think the other girl in the office would go before me. There is no way 1 clinical person can do all the office needs. So me and the director who of course is also a nurse would stay.
I plan to finish my first block of Vintage Christmas and then may pull together some lotto blocks and something for SS this weekend. Everything else can just wait.
Hope you all get to fondle some fabric today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am

Good Morning Girls

Happy Saturday! Though I shouldn't be so happy.... it's chore day here... the vacuum has been sitting in the living room for a few days waiting for me and I've ignored it.... Supposed to warm up to the 70's and be sunny all day, so will be a good day to throw open windows and do some cleaning. You know I'd rather be doing something else, but there is something sticky on the kitchen floor I do need to get rid of! :lol:

Suzette.... Have you ever heard of a web site called "Next Door" Go to Nextdoor.com
You'll be able to search for your area. Its' a free thing you can sign up for and it's really handy for getting advice on local contractors, or just getting info about what is going on in your neighborhood. I'm on the one in my area and People post when they have found a cat or dog, or if there is somebody suspicious in an area. I found a LA quilter there by just posing a question that I was looking for somebody.

Lois..... Hope you find the perfect sashing for your Gnomes. I did make it to Joann yesterday and got the background for my Gnomes.... but I still have to go stash diving for fabric for the gnomes. Did you fuse all your gnomes first or just one block at a time? I have them all trace on fusible... still have to finish the tree skirt first.

Judi... Welcome home! Loved seeing the pictures of your camping places.. Are you nice and relaxed now and ready to "kick it" and do some fun sewing? Can't believe little Ryker is in pre-school already...

Becca..... Lots of prayers for the babies today! Good news that Hadlee is off ventilator, but we need to get her weight back up right? Will be thinking of them all day!

Sherry..... How fun to go out on the field with your Grandson!!! My boys didn't play football, but I think I went to every hockey game, basketball game, and track meet they were in. Gotta support those kids!!!

Lori..... Hope you have your good walking shoes!!!

Maryz… I did check out Michael's book... will wait until 10-23-19 to order a hard copy.... as I don't do kindle tho I think I have the APP on my Ipad… I prefer paper! LOL I did get out yesterday to HD and picked up a new light fixture.. The one I have is one of the DUMB energy efficient ones that you have to change the whole fixture!!! Can't get at the bulbs to tighten or change the bulbs. Now I just have to see what Kevin is up to and when he can help me change it. I've done fixtures myself before, but I need an extra pair of hands... Oh, what's Bill doing today.. he's a handy guy! :lol:

Yes I did get out to Joann yesterday... I "Saved" $145.00 but that is always so misleading I don't pay attention to it much. Got background for the Snowmen quilt I want to do, the Gnome Quilt I want to do, backing for the Christmas Swap Quilt, and picked up a little more flannel as it was 60% off. And did a little SS shopping! Came home and crashed on the couch.
Then made a big pot of chile!

For now I need more coffee so I can get the chores done.... with a little luck I'll be able to get some sewing on the tree skirt done. Not too much left to do and if I can get a good picture I'll post it!

Have a great day every body

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:32 am

Good morning!

So much fun yesterday with Lori! I even got a bit of a tan!

Today will be busy here. Matt and family are coming to help around the house. Matt will hang my new light fixtures, getting rid of the totally useless Pelosi mandated bulbs, that no one sells! My new fixtures use the standard edison screw in bases. The boys and Emma are clearing out the weeds where my tulip bulbs are in the back yard. I will be showing Crenda, again, how to use my old sewing machine. We will be busy.

Later, around naptime, I will have Gracie and Lila until Aaron is off shift, about 2 hours.

So better get going,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Sew ins”